Fleshing out characters...(transformers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by gbm, May 19, 2014.

1. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm still fearing that Galvatron is his predecessor and that we'll not get a film without Megatron...

2. sawwheeler

sawwheeler Gundam Meister

If he has his conscious it'll be interesting, however maybe Megatrons conscious is insane...he'll be different.

3. Bullslag

Bullslag Member

After seeing Crosshairs and Hound get some spotlight in the trailers, I think AOE will have more robot screentime. I hope...

4. sawwheeler

I'm sure a lot of fans are hoping, but screen-time does not make up for character development. I want these new characters to feel like they have depth and aren't just put in there and seem 2-D

5. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Just cause theres a TF5 doesnt mean Bay will direct it, he said once that he will set up a new plot here so that a new guy can take over for the remaining 2 films

Megatron, Starscream and Soundwave too.

yeah i stated that i dont care much for the other Transformers characters nor i care who will be introduced in each film (but for avoid any misunderstanding, i dont hate the other characters, just dont care much, but i dont hate them, i have no reason to hate them. just leaving this here for avoid an misunderstanding)

and i watch the movies because i love them, but yeah i do love the human element alot and they are the only new characters from this new film i am looking foward to seeing. (one extra info, if Megatron, Starscream and Soundwave (or at least one of them) were still alive, i would have some more interest in the robot parts, but with them gone, that interest have faded even if Optimus and Bee are still in here, i cant bring that interest, it feels incomplete if all of the 3 main Cons are dead, never to return to life, if they returned i would have a bit more interest in the robots part, even if i dont have much interest for the other robot characters.).

as i stated i dont care who gets focus. if the Humans are the focus and not the Transformers, then so be it, i dont care who gets the focus. heck even in the new Godzilla movie, there was more humans than there were Godzilla, did it bugged me?, No. people complain that most of the X-Men films are Wolverine centered and with not much focus on the other members of the team, does it bug me?, No. (just like with the X-Men, i am not one of the fans that are complaining that lets say...Cyclops dont get focus on the film, if Wolverine is the main focus and not the leader of the X-Men, then so be it, dont care who gets much focus, i can live with just a certain character or group getting more focus than the other)

i am not one of the fans that are bugged with the lack robot focus, i dont care who gets focus, i easily accept if the humans are the focus. i have no problems seeing more of the humans in a Transformer film. i am cool with it, i can live with it, its not like its the end of the world if the robots are not the focus on their films.

extra tidbit, on the topic of this thread on character development, i am cool with 1 dimensional characters, i dont mind if the character have no depth or anything like that, i am fine with like 1 dimensional characters and i can live with them. (lets say for example, Spider-man is a 1 dimensional character in his film, wih no depth or anything like that, i am a huge fan of Spider-Man, would it bug me?, abouslety not, i can live with a flat Spider-Man)

Dont worry we all have our opinions :) 

thats what i am hoping, i dont want a Megatron-Less movie

6. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    It's not going to happen. CGI is expensive and the movies know who they're catering to. Why spend your time animating scenes of robots chatting it up when you could be making them blaze through a drone army hacking and slashing away.

7. sawwheeler

I was taking about AoE, I remember Bay saying he didn't want to direct anymore after DOTM, that changed. Assuming that I am remembering this correctly of course.