Flame Toys Products: Kuro Kara Kuri, Furai Model, Furai Action *NO Tangential Fembot Topics*

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by williammmw, Jul 22, 2020.

1. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Yeah from what I've heard it was from Hasbro or some other higher up wanting to make her look more traditional looking. If that's the case then it's nice that the changes weren't from fan outcry.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Lionhart44

Lionhart44 Well-Known Member

Are pre-orders out already? I was hoping to pre-order but guess I\'m a bit late right now.

3. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actually like the new wings more on this designs than the old one, all the other changes I could take or leave.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
  4. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Is this likely to go up for preorder on BBTS or is this a one-retailer only deal?

5. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom MadameVixen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hope it does. I ain't paying 80 usd for shipping from their store.

6. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Still think she looks great!

Anyone who thinks this won't be successful is a literal fool. No offense but for those who don't follow "plamo" trends this hits all kinds of notes with Asian audiences. A female, a mecha related design, a model kit and poseable.

She has the exact same thematic appeal as Frame Arms Girls and other Koto fem-mecha kits. The same appeal as Bandai's Figurerise Standard stuff. The same appeal as the upcoming 30 Minute Mission Sisters stuff.

Plamo fans are going to go crazy for Windblade and anyone who's all like "derp censorship ruined Windblade boo hoo" need to check what the mecha plamo world is all about. She's gonna be kitbash and custom material for sure.

That being said I'm not gonna pre-order. My Hobby Town USA has been very good at getting Gunpla and Flametoys kits in. She'll be in sooner or later. Will gimme time to touch up on my painting skills too.

• Like Like x 7
  7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I wonder how much of the original design might still be “buried” in this kit. The heels, for example, are still present, just covered by additional pieces on the sole you could conceivably just cut off.

• Like Like x 6
  8. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Just trying my best.

News Credits:
    It didn't; it was at Hasbro's request

I wish more people were rational about this like you.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cyber Silver

Cyber Silver Obsession personified

YouTube (Legacy):
    I hate to be \"that guy\", but I really wish this could transform. I know I know, it\'s a model kit, but I\'m not entirely satisfied with my Thrilling 30 Windblade and none of the other options are super appealing to me.

I\'m actually tempted to get this model kit and buy an approximate vtol jet model (painted accordingly) to pretend it\'s all one thing, but that sounds expensive.

• Like Like x 1
  10. panchozer0

panchozer0 Active Member

Ebay:
    I'm not worried about the "bikini" armor. I'm going to paint this up how I like and maybe do some mods. All those Gundam models are paying off.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The more I look at this, the more I think the real casualty was the head. The body is a side-grade, but the face looks so bad. The eyes are tiny and narrow, and so fit poorly with the youthful, round face. The previous face was so much more cohesive.

• Like Like x 2
  12. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    9838C034-F38C-4C95-82A1-51F00A3A6D4C.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  13. Chrisola

Chrisola Solid crotch ratchet

News Credits:
    The Windblade kit is up for pre-order...i don;t know, can't get behind these kits. I would definitely be interested in a proper figure in the style of Drift and Tarn though.

14. Lokimaru

Lokimaru Well-Known Member

Hate to say it but I lean to strength and the newer version does look stronger then the old, not as sexy but sleek and strong. The new version looks like she's all out of Energon goodies. (Sigh) I regretfully enter a vote of no confidence in Sir Mix-a-lot! Baby does not need Back!

15. Nemesis Compactor

Nemesis Compactor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pre-ordered her at Baba

16. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm actually ok with the head. I like the detail in her eyes and that more of the gold part of her headcrest is visible. I've actually been comparing her to the old version and I'm finding there are things I like about each.
    upload_2021-3-29_11-33-21.png

I prefer the torso and legs from the original. I like how the curves on the original give them impression of a ribcage - no idea why they felt the need to change that. Same with the thigh armor following the curve around her hips which has been changed to being straight in the new version. Even the knees look nicer in the original. I also like that the bikini sides (or whatever you want to call them) were a graceful curve in the original - they're just kinda' boring and clunky in the new version. I don't mind them making the "heart" a little bigger - it did give the impression of a very very small bikini in the original. And honestly I think I have to say I like the wings on the new version better. I know that's a turnabout from what I said before and I do like that the earlier wings were a unique departure from her usual design but honestly they're just not as dynamic looking as the new ones. Also I liked her belly button - sue me.

As for her back...

upload_2021-3-29_11-41-11.png

... this is where the wings really shine on the new one. They're just graceful looking. The jet nosecone is a nice touch (though now that I know what I'm looking at, I can see that it was present on the original) and you still get a bit of the butterfly thing with those tailwings. I just really really like that whole area. The small of her back is guilty of some more of that squared up bulk but it actually looks pretty good and I really enjoy the angles and how they come together in the middle. I would've liked them to wrap around her sides more smoothly and less square but otherwise they look great. the red heart back of the bikini whatever is fine. I preferred the old way with the blue (I referenced the concept art when I colored that but I got it wrong - the blue part was supposed to be black while the black parts to the left and right of it were supposed to be blue) but it still looks decent. The butt.... yeah, looking at it again, I have to admit the old butt was pretty big. I think I'd like it somewhere halfway between the original and new version. And those black bits near the middle of her butt...

upload_2021-3-29_11-47-55.png

... those things. I don't like them. They're just weird looking. They give me the impression of one of those anatomy illustrations without the skin - I know there's no part of human anatomy that corresponds to them but that's just what it looks like to me. Also I really miss that gold circle detail on the sides of her hips - it was a really nice detail and it just looks so boring without. Likewise, making her thighs all black without the red on the front makes her more boring looking as well. I liked the look of the lower leg armor continuing up the front of her thighs and I liked the little blue details above and below her knees (looks like the lower one is still sculpted and just colored red now but the upper one is missing). I also liked her feet better when they were black with red fronts instead of red with black fronts (I referenced the concept art for that part).

Also here's the original concept art once more for reference.
    download.jpg

[edit] Huh. The show bottom things were on the concept art. I never noticed that. Also the old wings look better in the concept art than on the old model - they skipped one of the red sections. If they'd looked like the concept art, I think I'd have preferred them over the new wings but honestly I could go either way on the wings.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  17. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    is this actually available for preorder? i cant find her on bbts at all

• Like Like x 1
  18. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pft. They're called wedge heels, and they're a real thing. Got a cute pair of wedges myself!

• Like Like x 11
  19. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Just trying my best.

News Credits:
    "Sad and miserable"

you're crying over a model kit's shoes

• Like Like x 3
  20. Autobot Hound

Autobot Hound Combaticon

News Credits:
    I think she looks a LOT better. She looked fetishized and infantile to me before, now she at least looks like she could kick some aft, as a Transformers warrior ought to be able to. I was steering clear of the first model but I'm actually tempted by this one, to my surprise.

• Like Like x 5