Flame Toys Products: Kuro Kara Kuri, Furai Model, Furai Action *NO Tangential Fembot Topics*

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by williammmw, Jul 22, 2020.

1. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They are making a less expensive line. The Optimus Primal will be The first figure and he looks cool. The pic is at the beginning of this thread.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sephiroth169

Sephiroth169 Well-Known Member

Yes...hahahaha. I think the same Way.
    I do not know if I should cry or laugh in Insanity about their Prices. Sometimed I think, these Prices Tags are some Kind of....Joke.

I would even call them "Lunatic"
    Charging 500$ for a 20cm IDW Megatron
    is beyond Insanity.
    Yes they do a Cheaper Line.

BUT:

- What is cheap in their sick Opinion?
    > maybe still charging 250$-300$ for an
    Optimus Primal or Leo Convoy is still Insane!

- I want IDW Megatron for example
    > If they do not add him to the Cheaper Line,
    It is useless to hook Up another Line, if they do not Produce the Figures that people want in their Collection.

What if some People are not Interested
    in these "Cheaper" Figures? I am not Interested in Primal. Only in Megatron.

I think some People think similar to this.
    New Line is useless if they do not add previous Characters to it.

IT IS possible > remove the Metal Wire
    Frame from Megatron and add him to the new Line for half of the Price. Problem solved > more Sales > more Customers

I admit Leo Convoy and Primal look awesome, but they are not Worth 200$-300$
    Flame Toys needs to realize this.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  3. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The metal content is not the reason for the high prices. Low production numbers are. Flame Toys isn't Hasbro or TakaraTomy or even Bandai. The market isn't there for them to produce their wares in high enough numbers to leverage economics of scale.

The toys would cost the same (roughly) if they were made entirely out of plastic. The added weight of diecast metal only adds to perceived value, to sweeten the pot, because nobody's going to buy at $400 featherweight figure. If it weighs 5 pounds then at least it feels like something you could feasibly spend $400 on.

Do they? They've generally had no issues selling out on the Kuro Kara Kuri line. And not even like, months down the line from people waiting for clearance sales. The presales sell through.

The cheaper model kits are actually the harder sell for them, because they're priced slightly higher than competing model kit brands, plus the busywork of assembling a model kit turns some potential customers away.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    She never showed. :( 

*throws phone in the river and walks home sullen in the rain*

• Like Like x 2
  5. pluto

pluto Banned

I for one was really looking forward to some good faith efforts by flame toys to produce equal opp thirst robots, but a lack of visible taint six pack on jazz has left me disappointed once more :,(

• Like Like x 6
  6. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    I cannot afford K3 and luckily for me I'm not really into the OTT designs that go with the line (I prefer the Furai stuff) however they are produced on small runs and they look amazing! Every single reviewer I've watched reviewing one of them extol the quality of build, materials, hardware, paint etc etc. Yes they are very expensive but the quality you get for that money is second to none. I'm sure we'd all like them to be cheaper and they might be a bit overpriced but I don't really consider them a rip off, just out of my price range.

• Like Like x 3
  7. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 6
  8. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    Don't give up hope yet Windblade fans, hang in there and hopefully we see something promising and / or reassuring.

Flame Toys gains nothing by listening to a vocal and impotent minority except distrust among loyal consumers and supporters who will hesitate to buy from them in the future if they can be so easily bullied. If they choose to release her they'll make a small fortune, gain lots of respect and plenty of people who probably didn't even know about her will probably buy one just to give them positive support for not backing down.

They should then make Ban the official overseer of all future Flame Toys fembots. :3

• Like Like x 2
  9. Scyla

Scyla Well-Known Member

The Tarn legs and feet still look terrible on the Fallen. Do we know if the flame effects will be removable?

Jazz looks dope, so does Victory Leo.

10. yvk2000

yvk2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes and this showcase really cements that. No new model kits and the latest two Furai model reveals have been moved forward to the Furai action subline, now with diecast. Meanwhile the tripleK line is on fire with a new Jazz and a Seeker, updates on IDW Rodimus and Victory Leo as well as signs of wip on the Fallen and the God Armor project.

It seems there just aren't enough Transformers fans willing to spend the time and money to go model kit building, on top of which still having to go and paint them (if they want them to look like the promotional photos).

• Like Like x 4
  11. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
  12. Sunstormlives

Sunstormlives Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So much want coming for the TripleK line. I'm sure my wallet isn't ready for The Fallen, Hot Rod, Jazz and a Seeker.

I've got all their releases upto now and Megatron on pre-order already, so the only two i'm not interested in so far are Victory Leo and the recolour of Star Saber.

13. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Victory Saber seems incredibly back heavy...I wonder how well will be able to stand.
    Jazz aside from the doors on his arms looks really cool.
    The teased Starscream... interesting, but timing is a bit unfortunate (at least for me) if it ends up being released near the new MP one.

14. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

Haha, I think there are gonna be more reveals right? If the first day was kkk, then furai, then kkk, tomorrow should be furai! If there are more, but I think so

Edit: I think the actual display is this weekend so a good chance there will be some models there

• Like Like x 2
  15. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

Everyone's talking about Windblade while I'm just sitting here waiting for Hound like

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  16. Recon734

Recon734 Mnemosurgeon

News Credits:
    No prototype of the Jetpower armour? I wonder if they're still trying to get the design to work, that concept art is different again to the last two reveals.

• Like Like x 1
  17. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    No Windblade yet again, eh? .....
    *Prays it doesn't go the Hound route*

Victory Saber: Gonna be honest, it looks TOO busy for my taste. Maybe the black Star Saber could make it work for me, but by the time pics of that show up it will be long gone. That and with what bullcrap my life is bringing up soon, I don't think I can afford $400

The Fallen: he looks so good! It's such a shame that Iron Factory's rendition hooked me already!

Seeker/Jazz: .....meh?

Bugbite: interesting. I'll grab it if Hasbro doesn't pull through with the Gen Selects version.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

AHA! I totally forgot about Hound! that pic was so long ago! I sort of assumed it got scrapped, since the pics came out before the Beast Wars guys right?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sness

Sness Autobot Supreme Commander

News Credits:
    So what do we even have coming in the Furai Model line still this year. Just Red Bee and Bug Bite, right? Maybe Rodimus? (assuming he doesn't just get moved to Action)

20. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    Pretty much, plus the clear IDW Prime. I'm a bit conflicted about the implication of this news, I do hope we get all the Action moulds in Model and vice versa. Id like to be able to pick and chose based on my deco preferences, I like this Primal's deco and might bite on the Action figure, but I wasn't a fan of weathering on their IDW Prime and am glad I was able to get the kit and paint that up as I pleased.

• Like Like x 1