Flame Toys Furai/Kuro Kara Kuri Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Maximus Danz, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Omega23

Omega23 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Oh nice! Including the shattered glass and alternates? To be honest it was the "limited accessory" thing that stopped me from going all in. If there weren't special editions then I would have lived with aftermarket rates, but $200+ over retail for the "lesser" version is just too much for a figure only a couple years old at most.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Boknight

Boknight Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The extra accessories are hit and miss. E.g. Tarn’s mask and speakers are not worth the extra USD100 that eBay wants for it. But Prime’s Turbo Axe is really good. Just order directly from D4 - they ship to Australia. Otherwise just get the normal version and you aren’t missing anything major.

The challenge now is to get a mint special edition Drift for a good price. But I got a good deal with a collector who’s exiting his collection and got the limited releases from him.

3. Omega23

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Yeah the speakers lol. But the rest seem good and as I mention in the review it's just bloody cheeky to ask $400 for a premium collectable but then still not be getting the best possible version. But I understand they just want an incentive to force direct purchase and make retail margins.

Great to hear that you found a good supplier. What's your experience with buying these pre-owned? My concern would be that there's broken bits as there is just so much that can be damaged on these, and so much detail that it might take you ages to find damage (as neurotic as that sounds). So I'm worried that there's damage that I don't know about... OK this is starting to sound very much like a ME problem :) 

4. Boknight

News Credits:
    In my opinion, Flame’s giving a collectors good choice. 1) Even if you get the normal version you aren’t missing out on much. 2) But if you think that you can’t live without the extra accessories then just pay the premium but there obviously a gap when you try to chase down a previously released figure - that’s when the 3) reissue come in. If you run the 3 hurdles in your mind and still can’t accept that then just choose not to be completist when collecting the line.

On buying 2nd hand : never deal with someone you don’t trust or have doubts about. I’m lucky in that the guy selling these to me was v careful with his collection and I was happy to pay a bit extra to him for that. I got Tarn first then got the others later so I already sort of knew what to expect. So far no issues and things are great. But if you are gonna worry about every single part then best just get MISB at the mark-ups.

5. Omega23

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I feel a bit foolish asking, but if anyone has the premium Prime with the large axe for sale please let me know. I am leaning towards a reseller that has available but would rather buy from a fellow collector.

6. CheggyChonkers

CheggyChonkers Heroic Master of Buying Toys

YouTube (Legacy):
    Have there been any updates on Kuro Kara Kuri Jazz? He's probably the only one I'll get from that line.

7. Omega23

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Hey all - picked up Optimus Prime this week. Technically from a retailer but I don't think they're an official Flame Toys dealers. Unfortunately after opening the chest cab once or twice carefully his left window came off in my hands...

I can't see that it clips on any way, and it looks to be snapped where the circle is below.

Anyone else's done this?

I've reached out to Flame Toys, but it doesn't look like this is a simple piece to replace so I'm worried their support is going to be less than amazing. My Tarn also had a snapped piece on the gun, but it could be easily super glued back together so that's what they suggested. Not great for such expensive figures :( 

Screen Shot 2021-05-25 at 8.00.31 pm.png

• Like Like x 1
  8. Omega23

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Good news is they replied quite quickly. The bad news is they said "here's how you can glue it back together, cause we don't have any spares"...

Their recommendation was to buy figures when they're first released. Great advice there.

Not exactly confidence inspiring for figures at this price.

• Like Like x 1
  9. FruitBuyer

FruitBuyer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sorry to hear that about your Prime, I had a similar issue with my Tarn's stand. They said they couldn't send replacement parts because it was out of warranty or something. Which does suck.

Unfortunately Flame Toys are pretty slow with the K3 releases, especially as their process seems to be releasing multiple Furai Models in between K3 releases.

I personally think the next K3 release will be the Jet Armour upgrade for Prime but that's my personal feeling with absolutely nothing to go off.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Omega23

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Hmmm it's not great that they don't have Prime spares there's no excuse with the stand as I think they're all the same right? How long after purchase did it break?

11. Boknight

News Credits:
    Have you tried reaching out to whoever you bought it from to see if they are willing to refund / replace your figure?

Not every company can be Fanstoys and given the complexity of the 3K line it is also unrealistic to expect them to keep parts for broken figures for long periods after the release.

12. Omega23

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Yep chasing the retailer. They’re shirking responsibility but thankfully we have pretty solid consumer protection here, it’s just a lengthy process.

Lesson learned though, I picked up in person and the seller seemed really decent throughout so I opted not to pay the non-F&F fee. Too trusting :( 

I get your point about holding spares. Given that it must have had an issue from the factory what should happen is I return to the retailer and Flame Toys rectifies it with them via repair or credit etc.

I’d live with a factory repair... it’s dodgy for a brand new $400 figure and means I’d never really touch it for fear of it breaking again. But they haven’t even offered that.

13. wetwithwaterwings

wetwithwaterwings Well-Known Member

To the folks calling this line K3 or 3K instead of KKK, y'all are the real MVP's.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    Better tell those calling it the latter to correct themselves so that problem is eliminated!

15. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall The original Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

News Credits:
    I've been calling them KuKaKu this whole time.

16. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    I usually just call the line KuroKuri.

Isn't Rodimus dropping soon? I'm having that model kit itch again and BBTS won't drop my Grevious Kit

17. Megatron118

News Credits:
    Shattered Glass Drift was supposed to be released first but I still haven’t had mine come in yet

18. Maximus Danz

News Credits:
    Honestly, their release schedule has been a mess.

Red Bumblebee was supposed to come out last July...

19. Megatron118

News Credits:
    Don’t have to tell me twice. Me and others are still desperately waiting for 3K Megatron from USAGS, which was supposed to release in April..

• Like Like x 1
  20. Maximus Danz

News Credits:
    Thats just ridiculous.

Covid isn't even an excuse anymore, they need to get their shit together.