Fixing Shockwave

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by CaptainZombieLL, May 17, 2017.

1. CaptainZombieLL

CaptainZombieLL Random Humongous Phaggot

If the reason Shockwave is the way he is now, all no emotion logic fueled machine couldn't a mnemosurgeon like Chromedome reverse it? If they can reverse the domestication process this shouldn't be that much different right?

2. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    You are absolutely right. Any reason why that would be impossible is just there to artificially create drama.

3. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Should technically be possible, with a skilled enough surgeon. Chromedome was confident he'd have been able to recover Dominus' personality in spite of everything that'd been done to him.

There's still the matter of consent, though. Unlike Dominus, Shockwave is still in control of his own mental faculties. I feel he'd have to be receptive to the process in the first place.

4. CaptainZombieLL

Yes but he's a victim of brainwashing which really means he hasn't been in control of himself since before it happened not truly.

5. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    This is where things get gray. Shockwave wasn't brainwashed, not in the way we typically associate the word. Keep in mind, post Shadowplay, Shockwave didn't fall in complete lock-step with the rest of the governing council. They didn't completely change his personality, they only cut out a part of it: his charisma.

The council, in their hubris thought it was Shockwave's bombastic personality that causwd him to butt heads with the rest of his senatorial peers. Everything else that made Shockwave who he is was left intact. But as we saw, without charisma, the dominant portion of his persona that emerged was logic.

Senator Shockwave was immensely charming, but don't forget he was no golden saint. We know he harbored Outliers. But to what end? During his time on the senate, he supported a number of shady policies from Nova Prime's era, either cold construction or expansion, I forget which. I don't have the issues in front of me, I'm sorry.

I don't think its super unlikely that had Shockwave not undergone shadowplay, he still wouldn't have fallen in the Decepticons, or gotten mired in amoral activites. But he would have undoubtedly been far more charming about it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. CaptainZombieLL

They not only took away his charisma but also his emotions, and what was shady about cold construction? Besides the whole bleeding the Matrix thing I mean.

7. AnomusPrime

AnomusPrime Very sane, not crazy at all

Shockwave was opposed to expansion because he knew energon shortage will eventually become a problem. That is one of his main angles throughout. Even when he got his emotions shut down by shadow play (which made his reasoning totally went off road), he still wanted to solve the problem. He made a deal with Megatron to work on his own program in exchange to joining his cause, which eventually resulted in his seeding the ores to various worlds where the Primes supposedly went.

Which seeded many of the current development. Ore 13 is still at the center of earth events, and the Primes are coming back...

Come to think of it, Shockwave was like the mastermind of this universe.

8. CaptainZombieLL

And with how many ores are still unexplained there are endless possibilities for plotlines for example what if one of them solves the issues with combiners?

9. AnomusPrime

AnomusPrime Very sane, not crazy at all

Might be! Who knows?

10. LordGigaIce

LordGigaIce A Chair!

Well he's dead now. So...probably going to say it'll take more than Chromedome poking around his head to fix him.

• Like Like x 1
  11. CaptainZombieLL

Yeah 'tis a shame but maybe in a different continuity