Fix AOE's Plot

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Dragonzzilla, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Would have been nice. Most of this was implied tho.

I would just mention that Megatron ' s spark was never damaged... Prime pulled his head off, leaving his body intact. If KSI got the head , they would have the body. None of the Cons bodies were destroyed where the spark couldn't be intact.

2. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd have more screen time for the Dinobots and give them something to actually face like a combiner and not have them in as steeds

3. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Not necessarily true, Prime rips his head then slams his axe thru Megatron's chest. Not saying the spark couldn't have survived it, but it was a definitive kill.

I just like think that since Megatron was resurrected by the Allspark, his presence extends beyond his spark now, and that so long as a piece of him remains, he can be reborn.

4. Dragonzzilla

Dragonzzilla Well-Known Member

Transformers can survive many injuries that would be fatal to a human, like having their face blown off. But it's inconsistent, yes... like many real life injuries. Some people just survive.

5. smkspy

Yeah, it's wildly inconsistent to point that there is really no standard. Megatron has to come back because he's Megatron, but Jazz gets ripped in half and it's lights out forever.

This is burden of movie logic. When the first movie was made, they never planned for a second. When the third movie was made, they never planned for a fourth. Really it happens with nearly every franchise. If Lucas knew he was going to able to make Empire while shooting ANH, would have killed off Obi-wan? My gut tells me no.

6. Dragonzzilla

Dragonzzilla Well-Known Member

I remember in IDW that bigger bots can bounce back from injuries easier than smaller bots can.

7. Finchfan000

Finchfan000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My only problem is the ending. So many questions...it almost felt lazy.
    First, before the ending, why have an epic transformation by the dinobots guarding the bridge and Tucci approaching with the seed....then show nothing else. They built up that scene as if there was going to be an epic fight on the bridge. There was nothing. I wanted to see Grimlock bash something with his club.

Now my 2 biggest questions:
    Question 1) So the dinobots are just going to live in China's forest until called upon? And the humans have no problem with that?

Question 2) Why didn't Optimus take Lockdown's ship. It probably has the coordinates to the creators along with lots of other goodies. Now humans can study it and get even more into trouble...or it can be hijacked by Galvatron.

8. Sideways77

Sideways77 useless lesbian

News Credits:
    I'll say stick with one plot. Trying to fuse the KSI/Lockdown/hunting Autobots plot with the random Galvatron/Seed plot didn't work for me.

9. smkspy

Yeah, they made a point twice about get to and protecting the bridage, then all of sudden it was all about the giant magnet.

Yeah, the ship is just sitting there with all of Lockdown's minions and guns. The movie just kind of ended, and Optimus Prime blasts off into space like he's Iron Man.

10. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We open to The Creators Cyberforming an area of Earth and sucking up the raw cybermatter. A group of Dinosaurs are caught in the Cyber-matter process resulting in the merging of two Pteradons as the Cyberforming process engulfs them.

We cut to 1 year after DOTM, in the artic as a group of alien robots crash land and scan several exposed cyberformed Dinosaur remains in an attempt to blend-in with what they believe is the natural inhabitancy of Earth as a large shadow hovers over-head. Grimlock looks up revealing Lockdown's spaceship as we cut to black.

We fade in to Present Day on the Yaeger Farm as we see Cade returning with an old truck. Annoyed at Cade spending his money on junk and wanting to be free of her life on the farm - Tessa begs her father to let her friend stay over the night and Cade reluctantly agrees - however is surprised when Tessa's friend is the race car driving Shane.

Cade and Tessa have an argument about Shane resulting in Cade retreating to his workshop to work on the 'old truck' - which is soon revealed to be Optimus Prime who transforms and is very battle worn and confused. Optimus uses his 'vision ability' (Demonstrated in the first movie) to show Cade what happened to him and we see the deaths of Ratchet, Dino and the Wreckers as Optimus is chased by Lockdown.

We cut to Harold Attinger meeting briefly with Lockdown to organise an attack on the Yaeger farm - believing that Optimus's prime signal has been tracked by the 'Energon trackers' (Seen in DOTM) Lockdown exposits that they met shortly after he captured the 'Dinobots' on Earth and that he has been recently hired by the creators to capture Optimus Prime and is working with the humans in exchange for a Cyberforming device.

After a brief conversation with Optimus, Cade and Tessa agree to hide him as 'Cemetery Wind' arrive at the farm along with Lockdown to capture Optimus. Shane reveals Optimus's location in exchange for 'cemetery wind' promising that Tessa will not be harmed - however Harold Attinger orders Lockdown to kill the humans.

Lockdown throws a grenade which kills Shane as Tessa and Cade escape in Optimus. Tessa blames her dad and the Autobots for Shane's death. They are soon introduced to the rest of the Autobots, who have been in stasis to prevent detection - as Optimus awakens them using the Matrix (Similar to him awakening Sentinel in DOTM)

The Autobots consisting of Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Drift, Hound and Optimus soon join forces with Cade and the reluctant Tessa in order to discover the humans. However, as they head towards KSI they are attacked by Lockdown and his wolves.

Optimus is captured in the ensuing battle and Tessa decides to leave. Cade decides to join the Autobots in mounting a rescue attempt to save Prime and gains the 'Star Saber' a legendary weapon that Lockdown acquired from his travels. Lockdown meanwhile delivers the terraforming device to Attinger who places it in the lower vaults of KSI for testing.

The Autobots manage to free Optimus as Cade discovers the Dinobots and remarks about them being Dinosaurs. Optimus believes them to just be beasts, however Cade breaks the jail cell with the 'Star Saber' allowing them to be freed.

The Dinobots pledge allegiance to Cade who freed them and state they will be his guardians in the fight against a large threat - which they believe is coming soon. The Dinobots start ransacking the ship forcing Lockdown to 'eject' the jail cell of the ship to prevent them destroying the whole ship, resulting in the Autobots crashing outside a fictional city resembling Hong Kong or Japan.

Cade receives a message from Tessa's phone - however it is revealed to be Attinger who has kidnapped Tessa - requiring Cade to come alone to the KSI building's roof. Arriving at the roof Cade confronts Attinger, who has a knife at Tessa's throat. Attinger states that Cade has ruined all his work into creating Transformers and cites that his prized project - the 'Galvatron' project has been delayed.

Meanwhile Lockdown's ship hovers above the fictional city and begins attacking with 'fire balls' levelling areas of the city in order to draw the Autobots out. The Autobots arrives at the city as Optimus and Lockdown engage in a final battle - with Optimus stating that its his battle as the other Autobots help evacuate the humans.

Cade offers to trade himself for Tessa - stating that she's just a little girl. Attinger however begins counting down. Grimlock smashes through the buildings lower floor breathing fire up at Attinger which allows Tessa to knock the knife out of his hand as it falls off the building.

Optimus gains the upper hand in the fight with Lockdown as the two battle. Lockdown is impaled in the chest as Optimus says that he fought strongly. Lockdown states that he is simply a bounty hunter and that his actions are just - revealing that he was hired by the Creators in order to bring Optimus to them alive as the required his assistance against a threat bigger than their petty Autobot and Decepticon war.

In an attempt to distract Optimus - Lockdown, decides to break off his alliance with the humans activating the terraforming device.The Cyberforming begins as the KSI building is Cyberformed, with the Dinobots and Autobots narrowly escaping as the blast spreads outwards then up through the KSI building.

On the roof of the building Attinger pulls a gun threatening Tessa however Cade notices the Cyberforming process and decides to jump off the roof with Tessa as the two are saved by Strafe. Attinger raises his gun to fire as the Cyberforming process engulfs him - presumably killing him. The resulting Cyberforming devastation results in the KSI building and several surrounding buildings being completely Cyberformed.

As the Autobots and humans survey the city, Optimus notes that Lockdown's body was not recovered (hinting that he may still be alive and return in the future) Optimus and the Autobots are met with a mixed response by the now homeless evacuee's - resulting in the Autobots deciding to leave in search of the Creators taking Lockdown's ship, noting it has an on-board tracking device.

Tessa and Cade make amends and the two lament the death of Shane. The Dinobots elect to stay in protection of Cade as we hear a news broadcast about the need for a proper defence against the onslaught of Transformers attacks.

We cut to a KSI research lab as the camera passes off a Megatron head whose eyes flash red briefly as we see several Doctors are working on a body that is not visible- stating its a miracle that he is still alive. The camera pans around as we reveal a partially Cyborg/Cyberformed Harold Attinger - his appearance now resembling Dr.Arkeville as he smiles menacingly.

-Cut to black-

In an post credits scene we see a strange alien planet - the home world of the creators - as we see a scientist-like creator (revealed to be a Quintesson) look up at Lockdown's ship (containing the Autobots) as it approaches the planet, behind him are a wall of Allspark cubes.

--------------------

Small notes;
    - Galvatron and the Human Transformers storyline would be set-up for TF5 in a mix of G1 and Animated elements
    - Harold Attinger becoming a 'Dr Arkeville' like character would help eventually drive him crazy - due to his hatred of Transformers and slowly becoming a Transformer-like being himself, becoming Galvatron's puppet in TF5
    - The Autobots battling the creators would be set-up as a future storyline
    - The wall of Allspark cubes would be used to explain that the Quintessons have been creating Cybertron-like planets for years for Unicron to feed on, setting up a potential 'new Cybertron' or Unicron storyline for TF6
    - The Dinobots being the humans new protectors would mean that they'd get more focus in the next film, it could also be helpful in marketing purposes for TF5

11. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

:lol 

12. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    I would have included this for a start.

Otherwise it was the latter part of the film that felt weakest. I would have had all of the Autobots remain scattered, damaged and running from humanity for a long chunk of the movie, with them searching/desperately waiting for Optimus' return. I liked that sense of desperation and hopelessness that Prime was rocking at the start.

I'd have also had Lockdown working independently from the humans; having the same sort of apathetic approach but not in a contractual agreement with them (how did that even come about with Attinger's xenophobia anyway?!).

Then I'd have axed the Galvatron shtick. It wasted time, set him up as a villain that magically came back to life and then did nothing but set up a big renovation of Hong Kong. The idea of Megs' resurrection and the human-made bots could've slowly been dragged out into TF5, but it felt rushed as it stands.

Then the "seed". The Mcguffin fight/hunt was just a rehash of the Allspark/Matrix/Space-bridge pillars plot from the last 3. It did nothing and just disappeared at the end. Totally unneeded with a better plot really.

So yeah...

• Have Hobobots narrowly trying to survive on Earth, with no way of escaping the planet.
    • Bring in the Optimus & Cade part of the movie.
    • Introduce Lockdown quietly tracking the 'Bots for a while until they've mostly ended the threat of the CIA, then have him pounce - acting much the way he did.
    • Cue big fight on ship after the rescue, as it's in air/atmosphere/crashing back to Earth.
    • Ship hits ocean WITH BIG EXPLOSION.
    • Autobots presumed dead by paranoid humanity....with one of the shuttles missing from the sunken wreckage.
    • Bots are back in space, then set off after the creators ala Optimus at the end.

• Post credits: KSI working on the recovered Cybertronian parts from the CIA's kills during the movie.

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Really trim down the ending.

The whole movie before they go to China is solid as hell.

14. Sablebot

Sablebot Autobot Media Scientist

Mr. Chaos' writing

Mr. Chaos,

I LOVE your scene between Lockdown & Prime-I visualized it as if I was watching it on the big screen-Bay, Kruger, and Di Bonaventura could learn alot from you.

The only thing I disagree with you on is Sam & Mikaela-I recall it being established that Mikeala broke up with Sam in DOTM. I also think Sam & Carly kept on dating, went on to live a quiet married life together and kept a low profile. Personally, I didn't miss Sam or Carly and welcomed Mark Wahlberg. Couldn't stand T.J. Miller.

I felt the Autobots were outnumbered and outgunned in the movie - in my head I filled in a possible way to reunite Lennox, Epps, and Fast Eddie with Bee & Optimus-therefore giving Hound and the Dinobits some extra help in the China Battle.

Looking forward to reading more of what you come up with.

15. JokerFC

JokerFC Gaelic Hardcase

Ebay:
    Awesome.

The only thing I would add is the whereabouts of Sam, Sideswipe, Dino, Roadbuster & Topspin. If they were all killed by Attinger then so be it but I need to know about it.

16. VPTwarrior

VPTwarrior Warrior

Ebay:
    The action probibly was good, if we could see it, any shots of action were focused on the humans and you could only see the action in the corners of the screen for some stupid reason.

17. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Head of Illuminati Chapter 517

News Credits:
    My version of DOTM is the same as it was ORIGINALLY written: Mikaela is in it, no Carly. We only got Carly because Megan Fox and Michael Bay fell out.

18. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Rust Bucket

News Credits:
    Bay haters and Bay lovers always fighting and greatful people have to clean up the mess.

19. smkspy

Wat?

20. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Head of Illuminati Chapter 517

News Credits:

Huh? No one is fighting here... we are calmly discussing what we enjoyed about the movie and what we would have added to improve it. Every film can be improved and no single film is universally loved.