Five Questions, Getting to know you better.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by thenatureboywoo, Aug 11, 2010.

1. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I always check out threads and you never really know all that much about other members. You know some things like a favorite figure and whatnot but never anything really in depth. So I came up with a five questions that should help us become more informed about other members.

1. What are your top 5 favorite Transformers lines? Please be specific as possible since there are some Japanese only lines.

2. Roughly how much do you spend in a week or month on Transformers. This question is optional since some folks don't like talking about finances and can be considered rude to others. Also do you have a maximum that you are willing to spend on any toy. For example, I won't spend more than $50 for any Transformer. Also, do you do the majority of your shopping online or in-store?

3. Do you have a favorite character? If so who, and roughly how many toys do you have of him/her? You can list them if you want.

4. Have you ever attended a Con wether it be a big one like BotCon and TFCon, or a smaller one like DairyCon? If so, how many? Or/also do you go to fan meet-ups?

5. Of all you years in this fandom, what is your favorite one moment? Wether it be getting a toy for a birthday, or at a con. Or was it meeting someone, or making a custom.

I know that there are more than five questions in there, since some of them are two parters and what-not. Thanks, looking forward to reading your answers.

2. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    1. G1, Animated, Beast wars, RID, Cybertron

2. enough to too much lol

3. Optimus prime I have 5 figures of him, 7 if you count primal and Leo prime

4. no but i would like to if it is ever close enough to me.

5. hmmm getting Bumblebee for my 12th birthday, although this years announcements of reissues of the Seacons and Predacons is damn close.

3. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1. What are your top 5 favorite Transformers lines? Please be specific as possible since there are some Japanese only lines.
    1. beast wars, alternators/bt, rotf, rid, movie lines and alternity
    2. Roughly how much do you spend in a week or month on Transformers. This question is optional since some folks don't like talking about finances and can be considered rude to others. Also do you have a maximum that you are willing to spend on any toy. For example, I won't spend more than $50 for any Transformer. Also, do you do the majority of your shopping online or in-store?
    2.i generally don't have a fixed amount but i try to take into account my day-to-day finances.......recently ive been spending more than normal though...so i would say 0-100/week-->that way my window of $$ is wide open.
    most ive spent on a fig was bt reije...the clear mirage.....and also the alternity figs...and the new mp grimlock
    3. Do you have a favorite character? If so who, and roughly how many toys do you have of him/her? You can list them if you want.
    3. i don't have a fav that i seek out...i have like many people numerous figs of the basics,,bee,prime,ss,meg. soundwave...dunno at all how many though...prob. more than i would think
    4. Have you ever attended a Con wether it be a big one like BotCon and TFCon, or a smaller one like DairyCon? If so, how many? Or/also do you go to fan meet-ups?
    4.no meetups for me or cons...i would like too though, eventually
    5. Of all you years in this fandom, what is your favorite one moment? Wether it be getting a toy for a birthday, or at a con. Or was it meeting someone, or making a custom.
    5.im just now getting into customs and its a great feeling when people comment on the ones ive done....
    very nostalgic and great memory, sitting in the den wathcing beast wars/beast machines with my mom she got into it and we would go shopping together andfind the toys..great bonding...
    also when i first saw the first movie trailor in theatres..i got all giddy...since i had been out of the transformers loop since beast machines.......damn you movie!!!!! if it werent for that movie, i would not have gotten back into the hobby

I know that there are more than five questions in there, since some of them are two parters and what-not. Thanks, looking forward to reading your answers.[/QUOTE]

4. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    1. What are your top 5 favorite Transformers lines?
    -Animated, Beast Wars, RotF, C.H.U.G., Robot Masters

2. Roughly how much do you spend in a week or month on Transformers.
    -Depends on what's available, really. I don't go for the uber-expensive add-on kits or whatnot, so between $50-150.

-Shockwave. Only need a few more pieces to complete the shrine (and I do NOT consider Shockblast as part of the 'team')

-No 'cons for me. Too expensive for what's pretty much posted online within hours anyway.

-Finding a box of all my old figures I thought I lost years ago. All intact and shiny.

5. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1.CHUG 2.ROTF 3.Cybertron 4.Movie 1 5.Cybertron

Tbh it really depends what toys are out at the moment, especially since distribution here is total crap. I usually wait for expensive toys to go down in price before I get them. I only buy the toys which aren't gonna be available online or if there is a good deal on them.

I like a lot of characters and not one specifically, but I think it may be Starscream. I have one of him in ever line I've collected. A/C, Movie 1, ROTF and CHUG

I'm only 15 and in Scotland so getting to Cons is kinda hard :/

Getting my 100th and only Animated figure. Shockwave, especially since he was on offer aswell !

6. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    I don't typically answer these kinds of things because I always have the suspision that no one reads them, they only post their answers. But since I'm still new-ish around here...why not?

1. Classics - I don't know how you can be either a modern fan or an OG fan and not love this line (and all its incarnations)
    RiD - This line brought me back in to collecting. The designs were amazing, simply beautiful
    Armada - This line taught me not to judge a book by its cover in terms of toys
    Cybertron - I think this is the best complete, line ever made. It has...everything.
    G1 - I was born in 1981. I'd go to jail if I didn't like these toys.

2. Per week isn't a good estimate for my spending. I think over the years I've averaged around 3k a year on toys. That's a hard estimate to make though. I do a lot of in store shopping, but I spend the most at BBTS.

3. Not really. Punch, Sunstreaker, and Smokescreen are probably the characters I enjoy most.

4. I go to BotCon every year now that I can afford it. I host gathering for TF fans in the DE/PA area every few months.

5. I think Botcon 2007 was my favorite TF moment. That year the wife got to come along and I met a lot of people who knew me from forums etc. I ended up with a whole host of new friends from that one weekend.

7. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    5. American G1
    4. ROTF
    3. Beast Wars Neo
    2. CHUG
    1. Animated

I try to stick to $10-20 a week. I used to spend $40 a week on lunch, but I don't do that anymore. And as I said in the question, I don't spend more than $50 on any one figure. If I started doing that, I wouldn't stop. :lol  I do 95% of my shopping in-store.

Inferno. As of now, I only have two. The Universe 2.0 and TFTM Movie TRU Exclusive. I had the G1 one I was a kid, but it's long gone.

Sadly, I have never been to a Con or meet-up. I really want to make TFCon a priority for next year.

There are so many, and I know I wrote the question, but I have two from when I was a kid.

1 - My brother let me go with him a day before my birthday to Children's Palace to pick out a toy. I picked out G1 Inferno. When we got home, he put it in his closet. Later that night he went out on a date. Well, I couldn't wait for my birthday, so I opned him up that night. When he came home, he was really upset. But I smile on that moment looking back.

2 - The second moment, was in the late 80's, and my and my mom were at a flea market. And I stumbled across a G1 Bumblebee. My mom got it for me. I was sooo happy. I couldn't stop playing with his rubsign. :) 

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  8. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    In any other setting, that'd be disgusting.
    :wink: 

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    1. American Animated, American Beast Wars, Movies, RID and I guess, I dunno, Generations? It's really more like a top four.

2. This is hard to answer. These past two weeks I spent A LOT after not buying TFs for weeks because there's no new ones out here.

3. I have several favourites, but among them are Animated Prime and BW Megatron. I have three toys of Prime: Deluxe Cybertronian with the Battle-begins Prime head repainted, Battle begins Prime repainted with the Cybertron mode head, and Voyager Prime who I've modded to have swivel things and knees that bend all teh way back. And three toys of Megatron: his Transmetal, the Japanese Transmetal, and Transmetal 2 dragon.

4. Nope. I've wanted to, though.

5. There are three I can't choose between. My first time seeing Beast Wars on TV, then years later finding out they were making a live-action Transformers movie, and then watching it for the first time in the theatre. Holy-shit I had no idea I'd ever see real Transformers.

10. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1. ROTF, Classics/Universe 2.0, Armada, Generations, HFTD

2. How much I spend on TFs really varies on what's out. When ROTF was in full force the number was rather high, but died down almost entirely during the first half of this year. With HFTD and Generations kicking up it's probably going to rise a bit, but as I'm being more selective with the plethora of repaints,it won't go too high. I buy in store almost exclusively, except for a few, including HA Skids for $10 on Amazon.

3. It' a tie between Armada Starscream (Armada was my first series) and Optimus Prime of pretty much any incarnation. I usually do try to get any new mold Optimus that comes out, the notable exception being the first TFTM Voyager.

4. No TF Cons, but I do go to NYCC.

5. Definitely seeing Transformers for the first time in theaters. It really reignited my interest in the franchise and to date is one of my favorite movies to watch. I saw it three more times in theaters after that first viewing.

11. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    1: Beast Wars, Beast Machines, and Animated
    2: Little, these days I pick what I like. Sometimes I might go months without a new figure.
    3: The great Optimus Primal: Seven figures total.
    4: Nope
    5: Favorite moment? Getting Transmetal 2 Spittor back in 1999 for my birthday.

12. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:

CHUG is definitely my favorite. Cybertron, Armada, Beast Wars, and G1 follow.

It all depends. I might spend over 200 a month on TFs, but then the next few months I won't spend anything at all. I don't have a maximum, but I do like to exercise a little common sense when I shop...and I'm willing to admit that when it comes to posts on the Junkion Trade that have no price or use the word "negotiate", I will low ball. I love shopping in-store, but I do most of my buying online.

I don't have a favorite character, but there are ones I am partial too. Optimus, of course: I think I have about 18 different versions of him. Omega Supreme: I've got the original and a KO Energon. Fort Max: I've only got one, the Brave Max.

I've never been to a con, but I'm starting to get the itch to do so. I'm working on organizing my first fan meet-up.

I made a custom Swoop out of a Cybertron Brimstone, a KO Zoids figure that I found at a Dollar Tree, a KO Machine Robo figure, and a Matrix toy. When I got done with him I was quite impressed with myself. Initiate Smug Mode.

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    1. RID, Cybertron, Animated, HftD, & Generations.

2. This varies wildly. In the past seven months I've literally only bought four Transformers. Two of which were from the local Dollar General.

3. Grimlock and Skywarp are probably my two favorite characters, though a couple others come close. I have three Skywarp figures and only one Grimlock figure, so far.

4. Haven't been to one yet, though I'd love to go to Botcon some year.

5.Hmmm...probably when I made my Overlord kitbash, though there have been plenty of great moments over the past four years.

14. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

1. Universe/Classics, Beast Wars, Generations, Animated, ROTF

2. Anywhere between $10-50.

3. The only consistent favorite I have is Swindle.

4. I've been to many cons, but not a TF exclusive con.

5. Getting back into Transformers when I saw ROTF Voyager Bludgeon on the shelf.

15. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I seen that thread. I tried getting some interest a little further over here in western Pa with no luck. I know there was a couple members interested. Who knows, maybe 4 is enough.

16. simplygriff

simplygriff Elitist Dick

News Credits:
    I agree with Counterpunch? in that I feel a lot of people don't really read these other than the OP but they're fun to think about. :D 

G1
    Beast Wars Neo
    Car Robots/R.I.D. I have them mixed.
    TF: Animated
    C.H.U.G., I hate that term but it really is the best way to state it.

I buy a lot online because retail wise I pretty much just hit Target on a regular basis. My spending has gotten kind of out of control lately. It's definitely in the hundreds a month. :eek: 

Soundwave by far. Too many to list. I'll try to remember to update this with a pic of my "shrine". G1 Jazz is a very close second.

Been to 3 BotCon's. Nothing could top the first I went to in 2001 but 2010 was an amazing trip. Been to 1 meetup with TFW peeps, hit the reginoal toy Shows when I can.

Favorite moment is gonna be sappy but, when I got a boxed Fort Max as a wedding gift from my wife. It was completely unexpected and has so much sentimental meaning it's unreal...

-G

17. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1. Generations
    2. Universe
    3. RotF
    4. Classics
    5. Animated

Ugh, I'm not sure I want to know. I should make a monthly budget...however, there are some months that are totally dry, and others that are not. I keep it relatively reasonable by only getting retail figures that I really want (impulse buys are permitted at Deluxe and smaller) and getting expensive Transformers seldom, and only when I'm unlikely to find it anywhere for cheaper.

City Commander I justified as a birthday present to myself (I also paid about half the going rate thanks to sheer luck), but FP Bruticus and 2010 Predaking and Rodimus...those were just naked desire. Though really I haven't paid for any of those quite yet.

I was a "$50 or less" guy once, but I decided that I want a few MPs and combiners to class up my collection. In general, TFs aren't very expensive for what you get. I also have a space issue, so a smaller number of really amazing pieces is desirable to me.

I don't really have time to hunt, so if I want to make sure to get something, it's online for me.

Starscream. I like G1 and Animated equally, and I also think the movie version is wicked. I like Armada SS but I only really know what I've read about him on the Wiki.

I own Universe Starscream, Movie Starscream in G1 colors, Animated Sunstorm (what, he's a clone of Starscream), RotF Voyager Starscream, and Leader Starscream.

When I can afford it I'll cheerfully add MP Starscream. Can't wait till he can wield Legends Megatron. (Who's the REAL leader, one must wonder?)

Oddly, I don't really care overly much for the "Seekers = same body as Starscream" concept. Except in Animated where they made it awesome.

No, sadly.

When my girlfriend, best friend, roommate, Edbomber, and even a few other people spun an intricate web of lies in order to surprise me with Faith Leader for my birthday. 0_0

18. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, why not.

#1. Animated. Hard-pressed to think of a bad figure in the entire line.
    #2. G1. The toys didn't age well, but it's the foundation of the whole franchise, so how could it not be in my top 5?
    #3. Cybertron. Every time I think of a figure from that line, I think of how much I like it, so it must be a great line.
    #4. Alternators. I appeciate the level of detail and effort that went into this line.
    #5. CHUG. I seem to recall fans telling Hasbro this is what we wanted at least ten years ago. It's nice to know they listen. Eventually.

During the early 2010 drought, it probably averaged out to a couple bucks a week, if that. Lately I've probably been averaging around $15 a week, but I hope that trends down soon, back into the $5-$10 range. I plan to spend $70 or however much he is on MP Grimlock when I find him, since I don't expect to ever see him on sale or clearance. And I do almost all of my shopping in-store. I'll only buy online if it can't be found in a store.

As a kid, my favorite character was Prowl. I had a thing for police cars. Starscream and the Stunticons were up there too. I owned them all, and still do, though Prowl and Starscream are horribly broken from being taken everywhere with me. These days, Punch/Counterpunch is pretty high on the list, but really, it's like trying to choose a favorite child. I love them all, for different reasons.

I have been to Botcon 2002, OTFCC 2003 & 2004, and Botcon 2008, plus numerous comic book conventions, usually Motor City in Detroit and Mid-Ohio in Columbus. And, fingers crossed, I'll be going to a local fan meet-up October 2.

Hard to say, but I'm going to go with sitting down in the movie theater opening night to watch the 2007 Movie for the first time, followed closely by seeing the box office returns the next week and knowing that my beloved franchise was a hit with a whole lot of people.

19. reptileman

reptileman Well-Known Member

1.G1,HFTD,C.H.U.G.,Animated,Energon

2.I will say about 100 bucks on transformers and maybe a couple star wars figures.I don't have a maximum.I do my shopping in-stores and have only bought online for Leader Brawl,Jetfire,Megatron,Fansproject Munitioner,Fansproject Explorer,Rotf Lockdown,Strike Mission Sideswipe,Deluxe Ratchet,Brawn, and WFC Optimus Prime and Bumblebee.

3.My Favorite Character is Shockwave but I don't have any toys of him.I also like trypticon but I just don't have one.

4.Im going to cybcon this month but I have never been to a con before.

5.I will say getting Leader Brawl and Leader Screamer was exciting.Also I had fun getting WFC toys from BBTS.It's still in the making but I can't wait to finish my ROTF Wheeljack.

20. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    1. Classics/Universe/Generations, Movie, Animated, Beast Wars, Masterpiece
    2. I don't really have a budget, I just buy them as they come.
    3. Probably Prime, because if I had to buy at least one figure from every line it'd be him. But I only have 5 versions of him.
    4. No, but I'd love to someday. I'm the only TF fan I personally know around here...
    5. I guess the beginning, when I got my first taste of plastic crack again after years of hiatus (Beast Wars ended). Also related, probably seeing the '07 movie. I remember walking out of the theater feeling like I'd been on some sort of thrill ride.