Five Page Preview of Hearts of Steel #1 at IDW's Site

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by BeastWars 4ever, Jul 3, 2006.

1. the redwolf

the redwolf Member

there alt modes cunfuse me why did they turn in to animals there not really in disguise with those beast modes they dont even seem orgainic.

2. Viper_486

Viper_486 Cobraaa!

This looks *fantastic*
    Now I want to see a 6" Titanium Shockwave as an Ironclad...

3. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

I like this comic's take on TFs.

4. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Because there weren't vehicles during the ice ages.

-airfox

5. Nitroquake

Nitroquake Well-Known Member

Just notice Snarl and Slag at the top right of the battle. I wonder what there vehicle forms will be?

6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, Grimlock is there too (just below slag actually in T-Rex mode)... and I think I can make out swoop fighting another pterodactyl that looks like it might be Screamer (it's all read and Terrorsaur obviously isn't there).

Ironhide seems to be green and TFs into an Ankylosauras. I can't quit make out what Optimus TFs into, but for a minute I thought it might be Big Convoy... however, it looks like, perhaps, he's some kind of brontosauras... whatever the general species is called.

What really interests me more than the whole 1800's TF thing (don't get me wrong... that's awesome too) is the whole "G1 Beast Wars" that we get treated to in the begining pages. They're really cool and I'd like to see it expanded upon in the future. Looks to me like they all woke up after crash (not just the Dinobots and Shockwave) and that they're war caused the iceage that killed the Dinosaurs.

7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Well, keep in mind that the Maximal organic technology wasn't even an idea yet. The precursor to this would be the pretender tech... which wouldn't be invented for quite some time itself. So the fact that they don't look organic is because they can't really mimic organic life properly. And frankly... these look really good.

8. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Yeah! Me too. Looks amazing... too bad that it'll be for a few pages, but I guess it could be covered in another Evolutions story.

Great idea! A nuclear fallout resulting from the prehistoric war between Bots and Cons resulted in Earth being covered in dust and that triggered the Ice Age that killed the dinosaurs. The nuclear blast site could be the same place where some scientist believe the meteorite crashed.

-airfox

9. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, me and Dark Magnus were talking about this at work the other day. Hopefully we'll see it covered in another Evolutions story.

I hadn't really thought that far ahead with the idea, but yeah, the idea that an Decpeticon super weapon (or hell, something that Grimlock does) created something similar to nuclear fallout is an awesome idea.

10. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looking good, I cannot wait to see more, and put me down for wanting to see 6 inch Titaniums made of these guys!

11. zotmogronn

zotmogronn TIGER JAWS OF DEATH.

I'd like to see something like this,except that the human race is completely exterminated.
    And the art reminds me of G-2. :D  ​

12. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hi

Ya, the problem I have with it is that the "pre" modern Earth modes look too much like those random Transformers stuck in the background in the Marvel comics and such.

And I like the designs for the secondary modes but the rivets are a little too out there for me, I mean they looked like earth cars back in the day but who said they had screws and such.

I mean they are not made or Earthen materials so why would they be 100% earth compatible.

13. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

One thumb up

14. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Industrial revolution age machinery had lots of exposed rivets and whatnot, so why wouldn't the transformers if they were trying to blend in with contemporary technology?

15. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    lack of snakes? :( 

16. Liokaiser_bf

Liokaiser_bf Kaiju-bot

So getting this book. (just hope I got the cash)