Customs: Fishing for more ideas.

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Drpee, May 24, 2009.

1. Drpee

Drpee Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sorry to keep bothering you with threads like this but i just picked up a movie longarm off a boot sale and i remembered that i also have a movie landmine gathering dust in my back bedroom. I have no desire to keep either so i was thinking of painting them up but what do you guys think i should do with them? I was thinking of maybe turning landmine into a movie hound and modding the head a bit but im not sure. Longarm im completely clueless on what to do to him though.

2. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
  3. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

TFTM Huffer? TFTM Pipes?

TFTM Swindle? TFTM Beachcomber?

Completely new character?

4. Drpee

Drpee Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmm huffer sounds neat for longarm, he sorta has that short and squatty physique to him which would be perfect for huffer and its quite original too. I like huffer's paint scheme too, and being a tow-truck longarm's alt mode fits the character well. I'll definately consider that idea! Thanks man!

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Fan character FTW!

6. maninthebox94

maninthebox94 Banned

I would do longarm in a black/red, keep the silver silver, do the outside in black, trimmed in red, give him a decepticon insignia, maybe some flames, or oooh!, give him some cybertronian markings, some battle damage, and make all his silver, mirror silver, maybe some burn marks, some brown for some mud above is wheels. That sounds cool, i might do that with mine when i get him. :) 

7. Drpee

Drpee Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is that a character or just something you thought up? I love anything with flames but im not really interested in making fan characters.

8. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

Actually, if you search on www.tfarchive.com i have a huffer done using movie longarm there. It hasn't been updated to reflect the new smokestacks i made or the new paint, but close enough. I think it's called WIP: Movie Huffer.

EDIT: Found it at http://www.tfarchive.com/community/showthread.php?t=43646
    I really need to update that thread...

9. blacklion29

blacklion29 Merlion Gestalt

Ebay:
    Landmine to hound is a given, longarm to hoist is also cool. you could also try seibertron.com for inspiration. the "more than meets the eye" book is a good resource for transformers characters. try to research bro. btw, i think if you already have an idea, you should stick to it, and if you were inspired by someone else's kitbash, adopt it and try to improve it. just my two cents.

10. Drpee

Drpee Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:

I like it!

Thanks man.

Ive been looking up hoist and i think he would also be fun to make, now i need to choose between him or huffer. Decisions decisions...