First Transformers Q&A with Hasbro - Monday, October 6th - SUBMIT QUESTIONS HERE!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Kickback, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    1. As 'Snarl' appears to be the new name of the G1 Dinobot formerly called Slag (as shown by the Robot Hero packaging), and Snarl is the name of another G1 Dinobot (the Stegosaurus), will there be a name-change if there is a new toy produced for the original G1 Snarl?

2. What, or who, determines what characters from other series appear in Animated?

3. Will other Classics toys be re-released in the Universe line like Deluxe Starscream will be?

2. uraydo

uraydo Well-Known Member

when look for artists, to either do box art or character design, what do you look for?

3. Xformermike

Xformermike LAZY

I'm an animator working in the industry but my true passion has always been toys, and toy making. Even with Transformers I preferred the toys over the shows, they are what really hooked me. When I was 13 I even used to send in transformers toy designs (they were pretty amateur.. because I was an amateur..;)  ) as ideas for hasbro to consider. A lady call Patty Moye (I might be spelling her last name wrong, it's been a while since I looked at the letters...) would reply to me and humor my child-like mind, she was a very nice person. Right now I'm actually scratch building a Diaclone based toy that will be completed shortly.. and I can see myself doing it over and over again and never getting bored of it.

Main point... Designing toys has always been my true passion and my dream has always been to work for hasbro specifically as a Transformers designer. As a seasoned character designer in animation I now have the drawing ability to go along with my real passion of toy design..

What steps can I take to become employed as a designer at your company? And what is the turnover rate in the Transformers team? Do you hire often for that team or is it fairly static?

Thanks; looking forward to your response.

~Mike Frenette.

4. mirarage

mirarage Agent of Primus

News Credits:
    1. What specific toys do you have coming for
    animated between now and movie2 next june?
    Example > their names, their sizes, what waves and when, pics.
    Info past wv5 has been scarce.

2. QC problem are a major issue.
    Are there plans to correct/repair problems like lockdown's hands, snarl's hips?
    Example > making replacement parts available.

5. Chthon

Chthon Active Member

News Credits:
    Question For HAsbro Q&A

I have always been somewhat envious of the 1980's G.I.Joe line for having such magnificent playsets, the 'USS Flagg' and 'Defiant Space Vehicle Launch Complex' in particular. These toys take up half a room and have many cool play features. Other lines, such as MASK ('Boulder Hill') and Masters Of The Universe ('Eternia') have also had such impressive playsets, whereas Transformers has never really had playsets of a comparable scale.

For clarification: my claim is twofold, namely that Transformers has never had (1) items of that scale, and (2) proper playsets. Fortress Maximus was a good try, as were smaller toys like Metroplex, Trypticon and the like, but place it next to the Defiant - which was in the same US$100 price range - and one cannot help to feel somewhat dominated, as a Transformers fan.

For years, the mantra (in fan conversations) has been that the current toy market can no longer support such gigantic toys, but very recently, the Star Wars line saw the release of a substantial new 'Millennium Falcon' playset. Given Transformers' continuing popularity, and the to-be-expected surge in attention to coincide with the second movie, is there a chance that we will see the release of a truly impressive Transformers playset? 'The Ark' or (a section of) Cybertron, or even a new 'Defiant'-like rendition of Omega Supreme would be interesting, to say the least.

6. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have only one question (apologies if this has been asked before).

Will we ever get to see TF Combiners anytime soon? ok that's all, thanks :) .

7. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Since we're revisiting the "Masters" gimmick in Universe now with Targetmaster Cyclonus (and hopefully other to follow - Powermaster Prime and Snapdragon would be nice :D ), is there any chance of looking at the other G1 gimmicks? Obviously Micromasters have been having their flag flown by Minicons since Armada, but would there be space in the Universe line for a nod to the Pretenders (specifically, Bludgeon please!)? Or possibly even combiners.

Cheers!
    Jon

8. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    1. What are Transformers Hybrids planned to be?
    2. Will the Fallen be getting a Universe 2.0 toy or his own faction in universe 2.0?
    3. When will we see an Animated Omega Supreme toy?
    4. Will we see new molds for the autobot triple changers in universe 2.0 or animated?
    5. Will animated toys have any combiners besides jetstorm and jetfire?

9. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Transformers Classics Baby!

1. Is there going to be a deluxe Classics Jazz figure as originally stated on the TF Universe website?

2. Will there be more deluxe/voyager/ultra class Classics Dinobots figures and which ones?

3. Will there be a deluxe/voyager/ultra class Classics Wheeljack?

4. Will there be a deluxe/voyager/ultra class Shockwave?

5. Will there be a deluxe/voyager/ultra class Tracks?

10. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

1. Any plans for a combiner for Universe such as the Stunticons? (the combiner thing is a popular question!)

2. When will Animated die out and are there any plans for a new Transformers cartoon show?

3. Will Blitzwing get a Universe toy?

4. What about the Insecticons for Universe?

5. Will Shockwave be used in Universe or a possible reissue?

11. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now that the franchise is strong as ever, is there any chance of bringing back some underrated characters such as Blast Off or Erector?

12. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Is frank welker in tf2 as...JUST KIDDING!!

Anyways in reality I got two questions
    1.Is there going to be a retool/repaint of grapple in universe?
    2.Will warpath get a deluxe in universe or animated?

13. MetroBoy

MetroBoy Keeper of the Cheese

1. Considering the recent wave of "Go-Bot" homages as eather store exclusives (Wal-Mart's Fracture) or convention exclusives (Fun Pub's Bug-Bite), will we be seeing more "refugees" from their universe trickling into any future Transformers product lines?

2. Sence we all love re-paints and slight re-molds, and with the recent cancellation of the Titanium series, does Hasbro have plans to ever use these molds again? Possibly for store exclusive re-decos, or to re-cast them in plastic instead of diecast? I think there is a lot of potential for them at the Deluxe class price point.

14. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    1) Are there any plans for Deluxe, Voyager or Leader class figures based on characters in "Reign of Starscream" (ie- Cosmos, Prowl, Cybertronian Ramjet)

2) Will there be any NEW movie molds released before "TF: Revenge of the Fallen" comes out?

15. toyman

toyman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, most of my questions have been asked already, but here is a couple that I have not seen:

1. Why the decision to go with the original paint scheme on the TRU ex Unicron? Most hardcore collectors already have an Armada Unicron and would have loved to have a release that was more movie accurate.

2. If a TRU ex Universe Supreme class wave 2 Energon Omega Supreme ever happens, could Hasbro take the opportunity to make him as G1 color accurate as possible?

3. I know in several of the Star Wars q'n'a sessions, the Star Wars team has stated that their official stance on re-releasing exclusive figures (ex. StarWarsShop Covert Ops Clone released later in the Saga Legends line) is to wait about a year after all of the supply is gone. Is this a Star Wars team rule or a Hasbro rule? Could the powers that be behind the Classics Thundercracker, Dirge and Thrust just let these three through for a general or store exclusive release just this one time so that all fans have a chance to own them? I know they do not want to hurt the integrity of their future Botcon sets, but I do not think they ever need to worry about their amazing box sets ever not selling out at the show. I know many Classics/Universe fans would be forever grateful!!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2008
  16. Tell_Story

Tell_Story Well-Known Member

I don't know if this question was asked yet. If so, just add it as a question that fans want to know. And I do believe this question is imperative!

Will we be getting Voyager Class Bonecrusher from the first movie?

Guys it looks like he's coming back. We didn't see him on the ship being dumped. Neither did we see Brawl/Devestator. All we saw was Megatron and Blackout on that ships. It sounds to me like everyone else it fair game. I would be surprised to see Bonecrusher and Brawl reformat into contruction vehicles.

17. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    1: Any plans for more Universe Dinobots?
    2: Will any more of the energon combiners be released in Universe?
    3: Will there be any Wreckers and Ultracons released past the 3 planned so far?
    4: Will there be any headmasters in Universe?
    5: Will there be any target masters other than Cyclonus released in Universe?

18. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    1. Will the remaining characters of Transformers: Animated who have yet to recieve toys (Scrapper, Mixmaster, Ironhide, Omega Supreme, Wasp) recieve toys?

2. Are there any more non-show Animated toys planned?

3. Will you try to continue the "everyone gets a toy" theme of season 1 and 2 for season 3 and on?

4. How many other characters are being added to Season 3 that we dont already know about?

5. WILL THERE BE A LEADER LUGNUT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

and a non-animated quiestion:

1. Since you guys love repaints/retools, are there any plans for Red Alert in the Universe 2.0 line? light bar instead of an engine, different color scheme, Sideswipe's Transformation... BAM Red Alert-will he be made to go with his good buddy Inferno?

thanks! =]

19. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    Since you already have Prowl and Silverstreak in Universe Classics 2.0, are there plans to do Smokescreen, as well? He would be an easy repaint. Thanks!

20. Transfan2

Transfan2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My 5 Questions are:

Q-#1: Paint Applications are usually limited in a certain price class/size. I am wondering this as my question: "When you release a Transformer, Which Paint Apps do you keep in order for it to look as close as possible to one on the package?"

Q-#2: What inspired you to make the neat Animated Leader Class Megatron? (I am a Megatron fan so it's neat in my opinion.)

Q-#3: Since it seems like Classics Megatron (Blaster) can't be released anymore, will any future releases in Universe line feature him in a Tank-Like Vehicle Mode like Legends Megatron release?

Q-#4: How do you make sure that you keep molds in good shape when you repaint them a lot like Classics Seeker Mold for example?

Q-#5: How do you help out the Transformers Club?

-TF2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.