First Transformers Q&A with Hasbro - Monday, October 6th - SUBMIT QUESTIONS HERE!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Kickback, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yami4ct

yami4ct Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1.With the new universe toys, instead of doing straight repaints, you seem to be trying to work in small retools or new heads to make the toy a more worthwhile purchase, will this trend continue?

2. How do you guys feel about the fan-made upgrade kits such as City Commander? Do you feel these fall under the same umbrella as the KO's you've recently been trying to eliminated?

2. Galvatro

Galvatro You'll do MY bidding... or taste MY wraith! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I have 2 questions to submit, but both are related to the same topic-

When will we see an Animated Omega Supreme?

If there will be an Omega Supreme toy, what size class will he be, or can he be in a size bigger than current Supreme class (he is a big guy!)?

Galvatro

3. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1. Was universe Ironhide originally developed as a movie toy? He kind of feels that way.

2. Any chance of Universe Headmaster updates?

3. Why all the allspark blue on Ironhide? Did the factory just have too much left over?

4. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

Will there be any more non-g1 characters in the universe line?

How long to you plan to keep universe and animated going?

5. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When will we get the rest of the 84 cast in the G1 Robot Heroes line?
    Any more Season 3 characters for the G1 Robot Heroe line like Springer, Kup, Cyclonus?
    Will we see any bigger G1 Robot Heroes figures like the Galactus from Super Hero Squad?
    Will you make the rest of the Dinobots for the G1 Robot Heroes?
    Will you make the Cybertronian mode toys of Prowl, BB, Ratchet and Bulkhead?
    Will the Animated Constructicon characters get toys?
    Any plans for Animated Robot Heroes?
    Any plans for another Animated Video Game?
    Any plans for Animated Trading cards or a design book?

6. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

Seeing that Hasbro owns Wizards of the Coast, is it possible we could ever get a pen and paper Transformers RPG?

Could we ever expect a full-length feature straight to DVD release movie for TFA?

7. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasbro, is at all possible to work with the City Commander folks, I think I speak for all of us when I say we'd buy it at a $50-$60 price point at the drop of a hat!

8. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    1. Any plans to release in the near future a Classics Trypticon, that is either an all-new mold or a redeco of an existing one?
    2. Are new minicons planned for the Universe line?

9. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    will we get any new fembot molds in Universe?

10. Goldimus Prime

Goldimus Prime Veteran

I'm really excited about beast wars coming back in the Universe line!

1. Could you indicate approximately how many more Beast Wars/Beast Machines era characters you're planning to release? Can you reveal what characters they may be?

2. Do you have any plans to release any characters previously seen in the various transformers media that haven't seen proper release in any mainstream toylines. (I.E. Rack n' Ruin, the Last Autobot, etc.)

3. Another favorite of mine has always been the Pretenders, depsite their awkward inner robots. I'm certain that given advances in toy production and creativity of staff that you could create fabulous effigys of these weird and wonderful bots (and their exosuits). Has this been given any consideration?

Thanks!

11. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    1. Can you please make a Stegosaurus and Apatosaurus Dinobots for Animated?
    2. Can you please make Insecticons for Animated?
    3. Why not use Tech Specs anymore? All the info is basically on the back of the package. It would be nice to have something to "Clip and Save".
    4. Any plans for an Animated Optimus Prime toy that comes with a trailer?
    5. Any plans for Transformers to be in an "Entertainment Only" venture like GI Joe: Resolute? By that I mean an IP that is designed as a TV show first and not necessarily created to sell a toyline?

12. TriBlurr

TriBlurr Who am I?

News Credits:
    With both Cheetor and Dinobot appearing in the new Universe line. Any chances on some Predacons showing up?

13. grimmlock

grimmlock Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Dear Hasbro,

1) What characters can we expect to see in 09 for the universe line? if this can't be answered can we atleast get classics jazz, Brawn, Arcee (new toy mold), and actual triple changing springer and blitzwing.
    2) Will the alternators line come back?
    3) can we get an update on transformers animated season 3

14. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    *Whew!* Just made it!

1. Instead of focusing on a big tank for the proposed Universe 2.0's Bludgeon, why not instead stay closer to the Pretender toy's origins and make a super-articulated Pretender shell that features a removable Samurai helmet, a Sword, an accompanying sword sheath, and a skull head with a movable jaw. His entire torso can split open to reveal a small minicon-sized robot that can then turn into a small tank.
    ^ This same design format could then be applied to any future Pretenders for Universe 2.0, making then unique from the other toys and focus more on the Pretender aspect (action figures that house small transformers) than the direct Transformer aspect, like it originally was in the 1980's.

2. What are the chances of repainting Universe 2.0 Beast Wars Dinobot into Beast Wars Grimlock, but with a re-tooled head that is the exact same head of Universe 2.0 Dinobot, except it features a faceplate(a.k.a. mouth guard) to be faithful to Beast Wars Grimlock's distinctive look?

3. Will we see Generation One characters in Universe 2.0 that are more than just triple changers? For example, Sixshot or Quickswitch?

4. For the sake of similarly scaled vehicle modes, could we see a Universe 2.0 Ultra-Class Broadside that transforms from a C-130 Hercules to a Submarine and then into a robot, instead of a small F/A-18 Hornet transforming into a massive CVN-68 Nimitz class aircraft carrier? (Since one's big enough for the other to take off from and land on).

15. StarFire_MK2

StarFire_MK2 'Till All are One!

Ebay:
    1) Are there any new Masterpiece toys planned after the latest repaint of MP03?

2) Are there any plans to sell the trailer to Masterpiece Optimus Prime as a 'stand-alone' toy? Many of us bought MP01 when it was first released, and cannot justify buying MP04 just for the trailer.

3) Would you consider re-releasing MP02 with a transformable trailer which would combine to create a G1-like Ultra Magnus? I know MP02 wasn't a high selling item, but many fans (such as myself) would have purchased such a version of MP02. It would likely have boosted sales significantly.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  16. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Ancient and knackered

Dear Hasbro,

Why does the UK arm of your company consistently fail to promote Transformers in this country? Why, for example, would they licence your latest cartoon show to a channel with such a potentially small audience, rather than one of the terrestrial channels that would have a better chance of providing your company with the target audiences you're aiming for? Why do they refuse to advertise the brand on any television channel at all whatsoever? Why, for the last nigh-on 25 years, have Hasbro UK treated Transformers like something the cat dragged in, chewed up, and spat out?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  17. Bluestreaker

Bluestreaker Rodimus Pie!!!

News Credits:
    Oooh! I thought of another good one!

We all understand the reasons behind the "short stacks" on the various US re-issues of G1 Optimus Prime, and US releases of Masterpiece Prime - that the "long stacks" violate US safety standards. Yet on movie Leader-class Prime, the stacks are long, but made of soft non-breakable plastic.

Why not use this softer plastic on Masterpiece/re-issue Primes, keeping the stacks long, but making them pliable enough so as not to present a choking or "poking" hazard?

18. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1...

News Credits:
    role play helmets

Any more role playing helmets coming? Animated Bumblebee or (even better) Soundwave?

19. rikkuluverx2

rikkuluverx2 scout

News Credits:
    Hasbro, what was the purpose of universe galvatron's extra legs? :]

-rikkuluverx2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.