First Transformers Q&A with Hasbro - Monday, October 6th - SUBMIT QUESTIONS HERE!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Kickback, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    If you have questions regarding ANYTHING about this thread, please direct them to the following link:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...bi-monthly-transformers-q-details-within.html

Please use this thread only to submit your questions to go off to Hasbro! Thank you!

The Rules
    - A total of 5 questions will be selected to send to Hasbro
    - All 5 questions are NOT guaranteed to be answered due to volume, thus the questions will be listed in order of priority/popularity/importance
    - Transformers Revenge of the Fallen questions will NOT be answered at this time. (this includes general movie, movie-toy, product-line, release dates, scheduling, etc., anything related to the movie)

****We will remove posts that ask questions regarding specifics to the movie****

- The staff of TFW2005 will determine a method of which questions to send in at a later date.
    - Hasbro reserves the right to decline answering any questions that may divulge proprietary information related to future products and/or brand initiatives.

Submit your questions in this thread - but please do not discuss the questions in this thread.

2. Dinotron

Dinotron AA2010 13-15 AUG BE THERE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1. are there any headmaster toys planned for animated?
    2. are there any more dinobots planned for animated?
    3. why do you make me spend so much of my money?...... i have a family to feed!

3. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    Will Alternators molds be incorporated into the Universe 2.0 line?

Have there been thoughts of a GI Joe vehicles - Transformers crossover line?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2008
  4. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Considering the unpopularity of killing Optimus Prime off in the original toyline, has Hasbro ruled out all possibility of having an Ultra Magnus, Rodimus, or even a completely original leader for a future toyline/story? Even if Optimus was present in some compacity, perhaps as a legendary figure, or even a mentor in the vein of Bruce Wayne in Batman Beyond?

5. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

1) When in September is Universe wave 3 due out?
    2) Any chance of the other 2 Dinobots in Animated (Snarl/whatever name he gets and Sludge)?
    3) Any chance of a Universe Wheeljack?
    4) Will the US get the Universe Ratchet around the time as Japan?
    5) WIll we see the Insecticons (Shrapnel, Bombshell and Kickback) in Animated any time soon?

6. girafeswordsman

girafeswordsman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What is the earliest we can expect Animated Season 3 in the States and will its toyline run along side the movie line?

7. soundwave86

soundwave86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Will the new upcoming tf's have better cleaner paintjobs?

How many new tf's will have 3 modes?

Will there be any insecticons in the universe line?

8. spawnofunicron

spawnofunicron Well-Known Member

will the rest of the combaticon's from the classics 2.0 line will they be made.

9. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    1. What is the current status of the Classics Deluxe Starscream mold? When I ask this, I ask in terms of how much more mileage Hasbro can get out of it before it's no good, and for that matter if there's ways of extending its life for as long as possible (after all, that mold is the equivalent of the Star Wars Clone Trooper figures in repaintability)

2. Is there a reason for those retoolings that Raven XL7 noticed on the upcoming reissue of Starscream's mold? (As in, are there accessories not shown in the picture?)

10. Turnip

Turnip Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1. Will the Universe line see other voyager/ultra versions of Prime or Megatron?

2. With the 1984-86 bots and bots from Beast Wars and Armada being represented in the Universe line will characters from other lines (i.e. various late G1 gimmicks, RiD, Beast Machines) get new toys?

3. How well has the Universe line lived up to expectations so far?

11. Soundout

Soundout Lost in G1

News Credits:
    Can we get a Leader Class Lugnut?

12. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    1. How much longer (estimate) will the Animated line continue?

2. What constitutes which molds get repaints (or retools)?

3. Will we get Animated Robot Heroes ever (even if they're released under the Universe banner ala the Legends)?

DN

13. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    1. What is the status, if any, of Hasbro obtaining the "Trailbreaker" trademark?
    2. If the "Trailbreaker" trademark cannot be obtained, why hasn't a substitute name been issued for the character? Examples would be Tankor for Octane, Hardshell for Bombshell, Rodimus for Hot Rod, etc or even a brand new name like Stockade, Offroaditron, and Big Black Bot.
    3. I personally loved the more realistic and mature colors used on Japanese MP-3 Starscream and 2007 Movie Starscream. Is it reasonable to expect seeing more realistically colored molds for Starscream and possibly the other jets?
    4. Are there any plans to make a Universe 2.0 version of G1 Gears and G1 Windcharger?
    5. As a yes or no question, are there any current plans to redo Beast Wars or Beast Machines characters like what was done with BlackArachnia (Animated), Wasp (Animated), and Cheetor (25th Anniversary)? To clarify: any plans for redos of say Rhinox, Optimus Primal, BW Megatron, BW Scorponok, Rattrap, Tigatron, Airazor, Terrorsaur, or any others?

14. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    How many different items might there possibley be for the new movie line coming?

15. StopMotionJR

StopMotionJR Banned

News Credits:
    Dear Hasbro Design Team,

My question is about the quality of the current figures.

For the figures in the Animated and Universe line the sizes of the toys are way way off a reasonable Size for the price of the figure, and the paint is getting very dull and leaving a lot of "gray area's"(literally, you didn't even bother to paint Silverbolt). Were paying more money for less of a toy. A lot of us transformers fans are getting the feeling that hasbro is just trying to tickle out all the money as they possibly can from our wallets. I would like to know, if hasbro has any intentions as too bumping up the quality of there figures. To be more specific, more paint,( Finish the figure, Movie Megatron was literally only painted on one side! Complete the figure, more detail.)and reasonable sizes. (if the character is normally big, lets make him big than.) Given this is a little nit-picky, but these figures, are getting worse in these two category's from what I see.

These are some of the best molds I've ever seen from hasbro, but those two are some of the huge problems I see here. I do not appreciate being ripped off, and would ask if you could make a change.

Huge fan,
    Patrick Cuddy

16. TriBlurr

TriBlurr Who am I?

News Credits:
    1. Approximatly how many of the new characters in Animated season 3 can we expect to recieve toys.

17. lord_chain

lord_chain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    1. aside from alternity, will we see a return of the alternators line with some re releases as well as new characters?
    2. Females? Arcee finally would be nice, in animated, universe and alternators that isn't a repaint of some male character that's painted pink, but perhaps a few others as well.
    3. can we get a leader class lugnut and grimlock. i love voyager grimlock and all but a leader class of him would be so sweet!

18. Super Dude

Super Dude Active Member

are there other masterpiece figures currently in the works? and if so would it be possible to clue us in on what these may be?

19. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

Are there any plans for repaints of Classics Ramjet? Obviously Thrust and Dirge aren't happening, but what about new characters?

20. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have three questions for submission:

1. Is Inferno the only new Universe Voyager mold that we will be getting before the TF2 line hits, or will there be more in store?
    2. Any plans to do new-mold updated versions of Beast Machines characters for Universe that aren't Robot Heroes?
    3. What is the deal with the rumored repainted Superion Maximus and Bruticus Maximus giftsets-- can you confirm that they are coming, and if you can, can you tell us what store they'll be exclusive to assuming they don't get a wide release?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.