First Time Purchasing from Robot Kingdom

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rhinox23, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Rhinox23

Rhinox23 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    There are few items on RK that I'm interested in purchasing. I've always noticed that their prices tend to be lower but I thought that the shipping was much higher. However, I took one item through the checkout process and the cheaper shipping method "registered air mail parcel" was very inexpensive. I realize that this method is much slower (2-4 weeks shipping time), but is there any other down side?

I've never bought from them before and I wanted to see what some of your experiences have been like. Previously, I've only ordered from the standard BBTS or TFSource. I'm interested in purchasing some in stock items and preorders and wanted to get your take on the differences when buying from RK. Any input will be greatly appreciated!

2. Alejandro27

Alejandro27 Well-Known Member

I've purchased from them and the items came in perfect condition they bubble wrap your items very well. The only downside is what you pointed out already the shipping can take anywhere from 2-4 weeks. It took me about 3 weeks from when I got the tracking notice to arriving at my door step.

3. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup, main downside is slower shipping. You can still track via USPS either way. I've ordered some old United/Henkei stuff from them a couple times this year, though I've gotten impatient and just use EMS now.

4. Rhinox23

Rhinox23 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thanks for all of the feedback! I think I'll give them a try on the figures that are much cheaper that I don't mind waiting for.

5. mfic99us

mfic99us Stunticon

Ebay:
    Great service was my experience. And though the price is certainly a factor, you definitely get what you pay for with EMS. Roughly 1-2 days for me to get items.

6. autotronprime

autotronprime I like to make cool things!

News Credits:
    As long as there are no issues with your items you will be fine. If you get a QC issue though, in my experience, you will end up just eating the cost. RK will only ship you replacement parts with a new order, tell you you have to pay return shipping for the defective item, and shipping back to you. This is why I stopped using them. A $50 figure can easily turn into $100 figure fairly quickly this way.

7. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    I use them for all my Hasbro purchases. I've never had a problem with the, but I've heard a few bad stories regarding returns.

As for shipping, it must be from where you're located. Part of the advantage for me is that their shipping to Australia is much lower then most other stores.

8. flatline72

flatline72 Banned

News Credits:
    they used to be a cheaper cost source for transformers...now their cost and shipping fees make it a source that is not really beneficial cost wise to use.....like the noted above issues if you get a TF with QC problems....having the seller 1/2 the world away is not going to be a good thing at all.

9. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    That's the situation for a lot of us with every purchase. Not a single good online retailer is located in Australia, for example. Usually its not a problem, but Robotkingdom has a bit of a reputation for simply shrugging their shoulders if the figure is damaged out of box.

Still, as I said, I've bought every single Generations figure from them and have had no problems, plus (for me) its much cheaper then any other store and you get them sometimes months before the rest of the world.

10. flatline72

flatline72 Banned

News Credits:
    true. but my comment was also truthful. RK used to have much cheaper prices on TF's...lately they are more than BBTS and other online retailers if you are looking to purchase a whole case of a wave of TF's.....and when that is combined with their much higher fees for shipping...not worth it,

HLJ charged me $8 to SAL a box with two takara sandstorms to my address in AZ.

RK wanted $45.

so yeah....no thanks for RK anymore.