First Strike

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Danny-Boy, Aug 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Whiskey Powered Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

Well, all things being the Matrix is a non-existant macguffin right now seeing as one half is in Prime's pocket and the other is shattered... unless Megatron returns from the Functionist Universe with the one from there.

2. AshleyCuadra

AshleyCuadra Tieria Prime

News Credits:
    Does anyone know where I can read first strike #6

3. Boatformer

Boatformer #HaulOfFame

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Comixology. Or your local comic store.

4. Lionheart

Lionheart Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IDW what are you doing?
    I don't mind the occasional events or a shared universe but the last thing I wanted was everyone joining forces to take out Unicron. I know it makes complete sense in-universe for everyone to assist Cybertron in taking out Robo-Satan, but this is a narrative I only want to see Cybertronians in. This is THEIR big bad and their time to shine, it's something that REALLY needs to be exclusively Transformers and something that the fans of the TF comics have been waiting for. Also what about the people who don't like the shared universe? Now they HAVE to read a crossover to witness fucking Unicron? One of the most iconic villains of the franchise and a character who is ultimately going to shake the damn mythos of IDW Transformers? Come on.

5. battlefudge

battlefudge Still in the biz...

I am pretty sure I missed something. Kreiger, or Visionary bad guy, disappeared? Or did he like lock them out of the core somehow? I do not understand.
    I don't want visionaries in this universe. It seems unlikely and dumb to me. Now had they brought in Battle Beasts... lol. But really they needed energon to power magic or something? Why not go to earth and get ore 13, which he would have known about?
    Also, where was Ironhide during the fight? Could have had some great Prime/Ironhide moments.

I am glad this is done. I won't be reading the visionary one. Wow I am really whiny in this post. One last gripe:
    Unicron is a terrible villian. He is too overpowerful, and therefore can only be beaten by something dumb, like the power of macguffin x, or a carebear stare (like Shockwave in Dark Cybertron), or the giant toggle switch of destiny.

Anyway. I liked Starscream...

6. Quirinus

Quirinus Member

I have to echo the general tone of disappointment here. For me, the series started out pretty strong (especially compared to Revolution) but then just kinda petered out over the last 2 issues. I'd joke that Scarlett and Colton had more panel time this issue than all of our 'bots combined but I'm not sure how far off that is. Add in the *mostly* out of left field Kreiger thing, plus a coda featuring one of my least favorite things in TF lore and it's all just one big stew of 'meh'.

7. Boatformer

Boatformer #HaulOfFame

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    To be fair, we don't know to what extent the other characters are going to be in Unicrevolution. I definitely share your concerns (it makes SENSE for the others to have to deal with Unicron, but I want the ones facing down Unicron to be Optimus, Windblade, Rodimus and Soundwave, not Optimus, Matt Trakker, Leoric and Rom), but it could be that they'll only tie in to the Unicron event like ROM and Micronauts did to First Strike - only cameos in the main series, but with tie-ins showing them dealing with the effects elsewhere.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Lionheart

Lionheart Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The latter sounds ideal because it means more money for IDW but doesn't exclude the TF- only comic readers or the people who just want to see the Transformers kick Unicrons ass. I'm really hoping this turns out to be the case.

9. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    So what I got from this is the introduction of magic to the Hasbroverse.

I like the idea of Magicians vs Transformers. I think of Transformers as the ultimate in tech, as they are living robots that can change their bodies; magic sounds like a good offensive against them.

It should be cool to see how things go. Whether we're dealing with abstract fantasy-making magic or just "different science" magic, I hope to see the former.

I don't really care for the rest of the tale though and I wish there could have been a better way to handle the above concept.

Oh, I'm sure Hasbro will try a GI Joe-MLP crossover.

Because Joe Colton is such a Real American Hero that he's ready to go to Equestria and massacre/molest as many innocent ponies as possible.

This statement is 0% sarcasm and 100% apprehension of the future.

• Like Like x 4
  10. ultramagnus1

ultramagnus1 Well-Known Member

Unicron has to go up primarily against the transformers. Okay he effects the entire universe but as others have said this is an iconic tf villain. I wasn't pushed on the neo knights getting involved in marvel and I don't want mask or GI Joe doing likewise.

Of course they will. Primus forbid its strictly TFS v the chaos bringer. But whatever happens a tf should deliver the killer blow and no one else. Because if its someone else I think a lot of fans will walk away and not come back. And frankly I might be one of them if ROM delivers the killer blow

11. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Whiskey Powered Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

Well despite how much people hated the film, there was that good Arthur C. Clarke quote from TLK that works in that way..

12. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    To clarify what happened to everyone who doesn’t quite understand, Kreiger/Merklynn used the Talisman to drain Cybertron’s Energon and used it to recreate a portion of Prysmos. Had he gotten to the core, he would have transformed the entire planet. And after the transformation, he teleported everyone to the surface.

So now, the newly created “New Prysmos” is sealed behind a force field(presumably magic) that the Transformers can’t get through.

An invasion is brewing right on their front doorstep, and they can’t do anything about it.

13. rikkomba

rikkomba Fishmonger Supreme of TFW2005

Fuck Visionaries.
    An aborted toyline supported by an aborted cartoon of only 13 aborted episodes.
    I would have WELCOMED the revelation that Storm Shadow is the Harbinger of My Little Pony's takeover of the universe.
    I would have LOVED to see Brainstorm and Whirl side with the ponies. Maybe Starscream could have joined the fray riding the dead body of Bumblebee.
    But Visionaries? I'd take Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors anytime, at least their lore had some roots.

• Like Like x 1
  14. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    I read it for free at my LCS yesterday and I feel ripped off

and fuck this whole abortion of a shared Universe as well. I will continue to vote with my wallet until Transformers are rid of this shared universe infested crap and IDW gets rid of Sitterson and Vissagio

15. Lucas35

Lucas35 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because you hate the shared universe so much, so far I have not seen a good reason for people to be so angry about this, since the reason can not be about them affecting the comics of Transformers, since they practically do not affect.

16. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It definitely feels a bit like some of the crossovers from the Big Two where the crossover just feeds the next crossover, but I think it still positions everything as a Transformers tale taking place in a broader universe.

17. shadow panther

News Credits:
    I loathe the shared Universe and I know for certain I am not in the minority. like I said I am voting with my wallet and will continue to do so until this shit show is over....and they fire Sitterson and Vissagio

18. Greebtron

Greebtron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Depressing thought that his children have allowed these organics to screw the planet over so damn bad, that Primus is calling Unicron and begging for a mercy killing :( 

• Like Like x 3
  19. shadow panther

News Credits:
    do you blame him?

• Like Like x 2
  20. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

I liked most of the event, but energon shortage, again? Eeeh, not fond of that.

Though at least we do have Scarlett fully embracing the with-Bot future. Hopefully this'll show a marked increase in coorperation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.