First Star Trek XI Teaser Poster Online

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shin-Gouki, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Emperor Megatron

Emperor Megatron Something goes here

If Enterprise was Sci-Fi it would have been considered a success (if it managed to pull in the numbers it got on UPN).

I do not like the idea of another prequel. While this movie does not have Berman or Braga involved in anyway, I believe Trek should go forward. If that means jumping forward 80 years to do it then by all means do it.

2. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I'm with Jux here. Trek can't hold up with prequels. You can't go "forward" without a staff of continuity geeks looking over the writer's shoulders. Too much has been written into the future of the future that you can't let everything go as it will.

A Riker series would be killer, or maybe even a long term Gamma Quadrant Federation expedition. Not a Voyager long term stuck in the boondocks plot, more of the TOS feeling of strange new worlds and the like. Go out, meet the aliens of the week, maybe have the Dominion collapse with Odo influencing the Great Link. You'd have DS9 as a base of operations, or maybe even have a series of Federation colonies on the far side of the wormhole...

*goes off a pondering*

3. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I'd like to see something set about 20 years after Nemesis, with the Enterprise as an outdated jalopy, relegated to patrolling the edge of Federation territory. Something would always be breaking. The crew would be damn good at their jobs, just not really the kind of people that Starfleet considers to be exemplary officers. Like Kirk's Enterprise, they'd be prone to running across weird shit.

Probably wouldn't fit with the shiny new future that Star Trek has always tried to portray, but it'd be different.

4. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

I wish they'd get this prequel fascination out of their frickin' heads at Paramount. 5+ years of this shit.

5. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    I love DS9 for its darkness and its (for trek) daring storylines. I also liked the very strong supporting cast of guest actors, especially Andrew J. Robinson as Garak.

I was always unhappy about the fact they swept the Dominion War, undoubtably the most devastating event in the history of the Federation, under the rug. Nemesis acts as though the war never happened, aside from an offhand comment about the Remans being cannon fodder.

Same goes for Insurrection, which was set during the Dominion War, but the Enterprise is puttering around on diplomatic missions with AN ALLY OF THE DOMINION.

Seriously, starting with Insurrection, the TNG movies exist in their own parrallel universe.

6. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

Actually, it's 20+ years. They were talking about a "Starfleet Academy" movie after Star Trek 4.

7. Mister D

As a conservative, I don't buy the shiny happy humanism that Trek peddles. I would love to see a series set 100 years after the glory days of TNG, to see what a century of "paradise" does to the spirit of humanity.

8. Mister D

Only if it was made for a lot less money as well.

I think it more likely that they may try an Ultimates-style reboot, creating a new continuity. If not for the difficulty of recasting Kirk, Spock and McCoy, I'd be curious to see it tried.

9. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

I definitely would support a Trek series where the Federation sense of "enlightenment" was useless in the face of a conflict with really nasty bad-ass aliens. I know they did that on some level with DS9, but I always had the feeling throughout the series that they'd prevail. No suspension of disbelief. Make them get their hands a little dirty while getting kicked around from time to time.

10. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Interesting to say the least.

And I thought Nemesis was great, IMO.

11. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Spock: Fascinating..

12. beatnik poe

beatnik poe Veteran

The smart series descision would actually be to have a series that follows the Beverly Crusher
    (or a doctor) character as captain of a medical ship that would be a mix of SCi-fi, medical drama and CSI intricacy in looking at the composition of alien life forms.

A series based on the adventures of a medical ship could be exciting. Medical ships are often on the front lines of many wars and as medical professionals in space you can imagine the amazing and wide array of life forms theyd see and encounter.

"Our mission is to boldy go where no man has gone before, to discover new life and new civilizations and dissect them!"

The hot thing in TV right now is medical or crime drama. It's feasable to mix that in with a Trek series that while in outer space, discovers the alien differences of it's inner space.

Handled well it could be a fascinating show to watch.