First ROTF Constructicon toy images?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by S250, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Akumaxv

Akumaxv Well-Known Member

You're one 100% correct. I thought that looked ridiculous, and one of the worst aspects of the film (amongst others).

The reasoning behind the whole movie-verse aesthetics is one giant contradiction. They needed to make things realistic so they had to look like this, yet they have mass shifting giant cubes, a robot head that transforms into a super slim cell phone (one of the other more ridiculous transformations in the film) and even the designers admitted that the transformations were inconsistent, so then what was the point of making the bots look like they did? Realism? Really?

However, I don't think a lime green and purple robot would look good unless it was in a cartoon. Just like a robot that transforms into a handgun that needs to be carried around doesn't really scream threatening tyrant, and who uses tape decks anymore?

Some things should stay in the 80's, and even if Devastator looks like some mess of a monkey, I'm actually glad they choose to do realistic colors, and I think the vehicle mode is fantastic.

2. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

Not really. Compared to the attention to detail, scale, and materials used in a figure like voyager Ironhide, it doesn't look like Hasbro's even trying on this toy crane. I don't think it's unrealistic to expect Hasbro to maintain a level of integrity in the same toyline, instead of letting some figures look like they came from an 8 year old toyline that wasn't based on realistic alt modes.

3. bobby_C

bobby_C Well-Known Member

Since the very first thing the movie does is establish the Allspark as a near-divine artifact on par with 2001's black monolith, able to create life and all, its subsequence mass-shifting is mere confirmation it can do all sorts of weird shit because for all intents it's a supernatural relic. The transformers themselves are just the cube's creations, and as such constrained by more "real" capabilities. They're just cybertronian people, whereas the cube may very well be the manifestation of Cybertron's god.

4. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

Because apart from the stupid shrinking cube and Frenzy's awful cellphone transformation, all of the other transformations were believable. That is to say, you couldn't tell they were cheating unless someone told you. Having an aesthetic that allowed for that — robots that appear to be comprised completely of the car parts that they transform from and whose robot modes maintain a sense of scale with their alt modes — is what allows the viewer to believe. To suggest that the aesthetic was unecessary would be to suggest that it'd be ok if all of the transformations were as crap as Frenzy's cellphone transformation. And I think we can all agree that Frenzy's head transforming into that tiny cellphone looked stupid as hell.

5. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    I like the construction thing, it looks pretty good. I will not buy it if it is in the expensive range though. If its deluxe, then I'll buy.

6. GridironProject

GridironProject Active Member

i can't wait to see finalized photos of devy.

7. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    Sorry, but I got the entire movie line and I still don't know what you're talking about. This Constructicon fits perfectly with the other movie figures. What more do you want? Working hydraulic hoses? I honestly can't see what more they could add other than worn out metallic paint with fake dirt splashes.

8. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    I think the radiation Sector Seven were referring to is the "Cube radiation" from the All Spark, essentially, the All Spark's life-giving power. Simmons and Banachek referred to the Cube's radiation during the demonstration of transforming Glen's cell phone.

9. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This, people. That's the reason the Allspark has mass shifting and the bots don't. To be honest, as much as I like certain bots like Soundwave having a tapedeck altmode, I like the no mass-shifting rule better. Just my opinion, of course.

bobby_C, good job explaining what happens in space. There is a common misconception in space you will either freeze or blow up. In fact, it's possible for a human to make small, unprotected jumps through space. Of course, you would have to hold your breath, which is the main problem in space: once you leave your pressurised vessel and get into space, the change in pressure will put strain on your lungs, which could result in the person unable to hold his breath any longer (I'm not sure about injuries, but I think if you have lungs full of oxygen, space vacuum has a VERY negative effect on that). If you were to jump into space with as less oxygen inside of your lungs as possible, you would be able to get somewhere in an emergency case.

I know this because I have an uncle working for NASA and HE TELL ME! :lol 

Nah, I think you can find information about this somewhere. I did read somewhere NASA or other spaceprograms have the facts to back this up (supposedly it has happened to astronaut before).

10. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Well, it is actually pretty close in color to the actual construction vehicle.

And that just completely invalidates anything you might say in the argument. I mean, cool if you don't like the show, but to suggest that some one's 'opinion' is flawed because they're a fan of said show is just downright juvenile at best.

Well, except for the fact that they're not using CAT vehicles and they are using some of the largest Construction vehicles in the world. And since they are all built on site and only rented to construction company's by their manufacturer... none of them would have the same color (though some are bound to share similarities in color).

Alright, I don't know how many different threads this needs to be pointed out in, but... the Allspark Cube was a Magical McGuffin and is even stated in the beginning as being 'God like' and 'having the ability to create life from nothing'. Therefore the audience is already set up to suspend their disbelieve for what is nothing more then a magical plot device with 'divine powers'. The Transformers aren't magical plot devices... they're creations of the Allspark and living beings. Thus they need to be treated with as much realism as possible so that the audience may relate to them as, what boils down to, Cybertronian People.

Oh, very nice factoid you posted there. Learn something new everyday. :) 

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  11. ntsan

ntsan Well-Known Member

Look like you need to study space 101 :lol 

12. bobby_C

bobby_C Well-Known Member

I blame hollywood, they're not good at getting space right.

13. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

...what the hell happened to this thread?!

14. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    :hijacked: 

15. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

In that case, then either the Cube is also giving off nuclear radiation, or they're using Geiger counters specifically engineered to this "Cube radiation", because they were just using regular-looking Geiger counters to measure the radiation, as I recall.

16. Optimus Matt

Optimus Matt Well-Known Member

look whats stuck in the wheel. its a bulldozer[​IMG]. if this thing was a transformer it would kick ass.

17. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    LOL :lol 

18. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Cybertron Metroplex.

19. blackhawk

blackhawk Well-Known Member

I didn't read the whole of this thread, so i don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, but i think it's a good bet that what you're seeing in this pic:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attachment.php?do=fullview&attachmentid=12839

is Devastator's head in the middle, the staircase parts are his shoulders, the shovel arms his arms, and the shovels are his hands. If you think about it, him dragging those shovels along the ground would certainly look "gorilla-like" which is pretty much the only thing we know about his combined form. I think the track parts probably connect to (slot inside?) the cement mixer bot, which supposedly makes up the torso.

20. wheeljack359

wheeljack359 Master Technician

Ebay:
    all the transformations in the first movie ( and probably the 2nd) looked like shit! not one realistic formation in the group take a 14 ft car that transforms into a 22 ft robot that doesn't look like a skeleton. yeah the designers tried real hard! how about a car hood that folds up in bot mode but no creases in car mode at all. Wonderful realism! my cat could have made these designs better in the realm of more believable. To say any transformation in the movie looked anything other than a morphism. Is either a lie or an admission of sub-intelligence.