First ROTF Constructicon toy images?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by S250, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    And each of those looks horrible. And as I pointed out, the size of the head shown on that figure would be even smaller in relative size than those images if it were used on a robot that was made of 5 or more vehicles of similar size.

Besides, do you really think that a smaller head is going to be what makes this thing look big (on screen at least)?

2. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    The head looks bad ass

3. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    I don't mind it because they said it would be comprised of green, red, yellow and such. I look at it like G1 and G2 colors and that's fine by me.

I can't wait to see more

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Good point, but at the same time I think this guys head is still way too small to be considered the gestalt-mode head. That and this bot will be one of the shoulders/upper arms, maybe even part of the torso, while the cement truck-bot will be the upper torso and the head. The mixing barrel is supposedly contained with in his chest and some kind of weapon (makes me think of Animated Mixmaster tbh).

5. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i like the Alt. mode, and it does seem to have too many hinges to just have 2 forms-though im curious to see how this all comes out.

and while i think that might be the head, it would make more sense to me if that was the robot modes head, and that another, much smaller bot turned into his head and maybe also trailed down the back to help hold him together and give him an awesome spine-sorta like Abomination's from The Incredible Hulk-though he's also a character with a huge body and small head

6. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Does it see into me clearly? or darkly?

News Credits:
    Negate yourself much?

And absolutely, gloves, arms, a chest plate and helmet that appear out of no where makes sense.

7. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    This just makes me want to see devastator even more. I wonder how big the final really will be. Meh and movie colors are whatever so long as they still release a variant in the solid green, I'll be happy. =D

A fan film has already proven how much G1 devs would be fail on screen, so I look forward to seeing how this one turns out. And I'm digging that head especially so far.

8. aussieprime

aussieprime Well-Known Member

My 2 cents

Ive had a skim through all the posts, but here are some of my thoughts.....hope they make sence;

The first and second pic (on the mattress wid the red car and bike, i forget there names) is an arm (prob right side) of Devastator.

The forth pic wid one half the bucket up and the other half down....looks to me that they might be this guys legs and the buckets are his feet. The darker grey bits next to his head clips down to his torso and the light grey becomes the (chicken) legs and the ends of the buckets are very flat and looks like be can be balanced on.
    Then some how the tracks become his arms.

9. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Not to get into this, but the use of "proven" in the above context is so wildly out of line, that it bears pointing out.

How can an amateur fan film "prove" what would or would not work in a $100 million Hollywood blockbuster FX movie? Are you falling into that old trap of assuming that a "G1" Devastator, Megatron, Soundwave (or whoever) would have to look exactly like his 1984 animation model, animation shorthand and all?

If so, that shows a remarkable lack of imagination.

zmog

10. Akumaxv

Akumaxv Well-Known Member

Okay, I love G1 as much as the next guy, and I may despise the majority of the designs for the movie, but there is no way in hell I would want to see a lime green and purple Devastator on in a live action flick. That would just look ridiculous. As ridiculous as Soundwave shrinking down from a 30' robot to a tape deck, or Megs as a handgun.

Really, some things from G1 should stay in G1.

Whatever part of Devastator this think forms, I think it looks cool. Awesome vehicle mode, the colors are actually good, and without seeing it transformed properly, it's tough to make a call on the robot mode.

11. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Wondered this myself - I think those treads have more than we're seeing.

12. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You really think so? Why not paint it the same color as actual construction vehicles?

Oh what am I thinking? Why do I take the opinion of a "Brave and the Bold" fan seriously?

13. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    I don't really care how they paint Devastator. I'm just excited to get a gesalt AND a headmaster at the same time. That's pretty damn awesome.

14. girafeswordsman

girafeswordsman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What color have you seen a real steam shovel as?

Actually, disregard my post. I too have a love for Brave and the Bold.

15. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    I lost track of reading all the posts at some point, but I have two comments.

1. I've never seen a small fleet of bright green and purple construction vehicles.

2. The head looks simply evil. I like.

That is all. As you were.

16. Delphan Rane

Delphan Rane TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Since were talking about real-world colors vs. G1 green and purple, wouldn't be more realistic to use CAT vehicles, and have all the gestalts be yellow...

17. cbff

cbff Destroyer of Botcon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    ^Wins thread. However, it would make me think about that yellow and black KO of the G1 Devastator figure when looking at it though.

18. Irony

Irony fangirl

Oh my. Oh my! My Star Wars loving spark. 11-38 is the lucky number of George Lucas! I really wonder why it shows up on a Constructicon. But it makes me feel GOOD.

(I'm talking about this picture. )

19. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Really? Cause i swear that I saw a giant Cube on screen that not only shrank itself down, but it also lost enough mass to be carried by a teenager. So the tech does exist in the movieverse and the general public didn't cry BS when they saw it. Who knows, maybe a Green & Purple Devastator could look cool with a budget behind it.

20. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    The cube was a Magic MacGuffin, though, like the Matrix or something. Those sorts of items, due to their mystical, unexplained nature, will be more readily accepted by the audience to do incredible things.