First ROTF Constructicon toy images?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by S250, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The color isn't really supposed to be "better", it's supposed to be more realistic, which it is. I've honestly never seen this particular piece of equipment in any shade of green, let alone lime green. I'll be surprised if we don't see the CC's repainted into their more traditional colors at some point. The first releases are going to be in their real world coloring. I can't remember how many of them will be green, but I know a couple of them will, as their alt-modes are really the only one's you would ever actually see painted green. Most of them are going to be yellow.

2. DieMaus

DieMaus is blawesome

News Credits:
    Yeah, I've got to say, I'm almost more interested in the colour scheme of Movie Dev than I am in the actual robot design at this point. I'm familiar enough with the first film's aesthetic to be able to have a rough imagining of what a movie-style combiner might look like, but it's the whole multicolour aspect that I'm having difficulty visualising.

Really can't wait for the full CGI promotional renders on this one, that's for sure...

3. razorchrist

razorchrist Sniper

I won't be surprised in the least if the Devastator figures get repainted in traditional G1 green colors. They might wait a year to do it, but it'll happen.

4. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Maybe they'll wait till the next movie?

5. alien

alien Command

now i believe that why Hasbro mention constructicon didn't have bot mode in individual... Holy Shit!

6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Eh, I can't really think of any that did very well no... well, actually I heard Simpson did pretty good and so did South Park (if we're counting Simpsons might as well throw in SP) and I heard that Yu-Gi-Oh did pretty decent (but that's like crack to kids nowadays).

As far as the comparison... I have to agree... there really is no comparison between the G1 movie and the live action one. It's like apples and oranges you know. And that's not to say that I don't love the original (flaws and all), but that I'm enjoying this movieverse a lot more as far as giving us 'something realistic'. If I want my G1 fix I can pop in my 20th DVD and all of the series DVDs I've got, read any of my old school and new G1 trades and mess around with my Classics/Universe 2.0 figures.

Exactly, fans of both should be very pleased I think.

Man, put me down for the original and then the inevitable repaint of Magnus and Scourge!

7. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Hasbro didn't say that. That rumor was born from miscommunication.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yep, and to be honest, I don't think Hasbro has said anything about the CC's yet.

Edit: I'm almost 100% sure that this guy will have his own bot-mode now. Looking back at this post by S250: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...bout-rotf-devastator-toys-22.html#post2476675 : the excavator (this guys alt-mode) is the right shoulder, while the Mack cement mixer is the head. So that points to the head on this guy actually being his own head, and not the CC's combined form.

9. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    it looks cool

10. Xformermike

Xformermike LAZY

looks like he only has a combiner mode and a contruction mode displayed at this point... looks cool in vehicle mode..... he sure as hell better have individual robot modes too.

....If he doesn't I'll be really disappointed... It's cheap, and lame and just like something Michael Bay would think is awesome.

Yeah... so here's hoping for individual robot modes.... otherwise I barf all over this concept.

11. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    Your right, they havent.

12. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    You did see the shots where there was a head, right? That's pretty solid proof that the figure has some sort of robot mode. The only way that that head could be the head of the Gestalt is if there were only 1 more vehicle for the pelvis and legs. It's just too small for a robot comprised of 5 (or more) vehicles of similar mass. Love or hate the aesthetic of the designs, they still follow basic proportions and unless they're naming it Beetlejuice, there's no way that's the head.

13. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

seriously though, using a relatively small head is a common way used to make things look huge, eg:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What about possible names for this figure! Hightower? Landquake? Scavenger? Roadblock?

15. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    going on the fantastically appropriate names so far such as 'dirtboss' for a forklift, my guess is that this constructicon will be called something equally appropriate.. skywarp maybe, or hotrod

16. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I'd rather see Animated Constructicons.

17. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    What's the red car of?

18. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    Not sure about this one.

19. cypherXR

cypherXR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm honestly surprised to see people not busting a vein because this particular piece of Devastator isn't green. Like many others, I'll reserve my judgment for when I see a more complete version.

20. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Though I'm sure the full version will be cool, a green-and-purple G1 homage would be awesome, and I imagine that something like that will inevitably end up as a store exclusive.