First review HK Edition Rodimus Convoy MP-09 Protoman style

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by Protoman, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Gammatron 64

Gammatron 64 Well-Known Member

Protoman is awesome, but anyone expecting a non-biased review from him doesn't realize just how much he loves Rodimus. I'm glad he likes it.

It's true, MP Rodimus is gorgeous. One of the best looking Transformers I have ever seen. He looks so damn good. But I have a hard time justifying $200 on a figure that's inevitably going to break. Hopefully we'll get another release that fixes this problems or the backlash is so huge he goes down in price. I would like to have him on my shelf... but not for $200.

It kinda boggles my mind how Rodimus and Grimlock are smaller than Prime and Megatron, have less die cast, but cost more. Rodimus is more than double the price I paid for Megatron.

I was going to try and get the Takara version for the trailer, but now I'm just gonna wait for the Hasbro one if Takara doesn't make a better release. I always wanted a toy that went from Hot Rod to Rodimus, but eh... I'm not sure if I want one that's more expensive than any other TF I've ever bought, and will shatter if I so much as breathe on it.

It would definitely be interesting to see Protoman go on the next podcast to hear his take on the Rodimus... situation.

2. SLAYERBOT13

SLAYERBOT13 MASTER OF DESTRUCTION

I want that ultra rare 80's cancelled rodimus and the galvatron botcon reissue

3. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All the figures are bigger in robot mode, almost all lol :tongue: ..
    Hasblo may suggest a price but TRU will have the final say on the price like they did with Grimlock and will probably sell him for the same $70+ grimlock price im sure.

4. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Yeah, so like, keep saying "hasblo" anyways.

Makes you look cool.

5. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    I don't mind that Hasbro is releasing the figure by itself. The winnabego(however it's spelt) is cool, but I've always thought that the base mode was flat out lame.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the Hasbro release. I'm guessing he'll be $60, since he isn't as bulky as Grimlock, doesn't have as much chrome, and has no light up feature.

6. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    wow why so serious ? Hasbro is good at times and they blow at times. Releasing just the hot rod portion of this toy blows for those of us that want the full figure released. I want the full figure because im a fan of both characters. So yeah i well call them hasblo at this time because of that lol. You act as if im insulting you personally lol

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    No, I'm just calling out something dumb.

If you want a MP Rodimus with the trailer, you have that option. If you don't want the trailer, hasbro's giving you that option. Some people don't care about the trailer, so they'll be really happy hasbro's letting them save money on their release.

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I normally don't enjoy video reviews, but I know how much Protoman really likes Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime. I have to say that this is one of the video "reviews" [gushes? :D ] that I've seen in a long time. It's so very cool to see someone enjoy something so much :) 

Congrats on getting this, Protoman :thumb 

(Thanks for showing some of your rarer versions of the character too. I literally lol'ed when you brought all of the Hot Rods out at the start :lol )

9. Protoman

Protoman The Legendary One Veteran

News Credits:
    Hey for you Quad, ANYTHING!

10. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thank you for the gushing, but I must go against your wishes, sir.

Not only will I transform it, I will PLAY with it. That's right. I buy these things not only for display, but to play with also.

And yes, that includes Rodimus Prime's space Winnebago mode. I'll mod it if I have to, but I damn well will enjoy it.

If I pay, I play. Damn straight.

11. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    it's like watching protoman protgasming all over my computer screen....my gawd!

it is even more impressive in 3D!

12. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Glad that you're enjoying doing the review Protoman.

Yr enthusiasm is contagious! ;) 

13. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

14. Gammatron 64

Because honestly, how many of us are freakin' race car drivers?! Unless any of you guys are astronauts, I don't think you're gonna top that.

I'm almost curious to see what his Hot Rod collection looks like, but I'm almost a little scared of what I might see.

You should save up a couple million dollars and buy an actual dome zero, put on a spoiler and paint it like Hot Rod.

15. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

He's a nice figure and all,but from all the other members that have been putting their two cents worth about their gripes and QC problems,I don't see how this figure is worth the money paid for him.For me Rodimus looks to be one of the weakest of the Masterpiece line.

16. Protoman

News Credits:
    It's not crazy expensive, but it would be a little difficult to find and in good condition. I am pretty sure I would spend more money on a new BMW ($70,000) then a decent running Dome Zero. One day... one day.

17. Gabie

Gabie Member

Ebay:
    Does anyone NOT have the spoiler-trailer problem?

Mine is awesome except for the loose visor that falls down from time to time. If there was a way to tighten that up (can the nail polish/krazy glue fix work there) then my MP-9 would be perfect.

18. Gammatron 64

Really? That's surprising. I thought it was a just a concept car that was only produced in extremely small numbers. I guess they're not at all in high demand, because the only time you ever hear it mentioned is when someone brings up that Hot Rod was based on it, which is a relatively obscure fact.

Of course, I was just joking, but if there's anybody who actually gets one and turns it into Hot Rod, it'll be you. That would be absurdly awesome. I've seen people who have taken DeLoreans and made them into replicas of the time machine from Back to the Future, and that's probably a lot harder, so it's definitely doable.

Then all you would need is a real life space winnebago... >=)

19. Protoman

News Credits:
    Haha Egoraptor, I love you man

[​IMG]

20. TwinSpin

TwinSpin Hot Coffeebot

That's a lot of Hot Rodomi -- but, Protoman, don't you have the tiny transformable SD Takara Rodimus? If not you should. It's awesome :)