first printing Marvel Transformers comics.

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by DrunasisPrime, Feb 12, 2006.

1. DrunasisPrime

DrunasisPrime Banned

my girlfriend was just given the first printings of the original marvel Transformers comics #1, 2, and 3. These are in mint condition, the pages are still white (not aged yellow) they look brand new.

I was just curious how much they are worth. would they be worth more to comic collectors or to a transformer collector?

I saw someone stelling Transformers #1 which was in the same condition as the one she has for $300 so I don't know.

2. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

If you seen a $300 #1 it must of been professionally graded or some ****** thinking they could get that out of a non- graded one. Try wizard comics magazine or ebay to see prices or discription of others like yours to see what you have got. Cool to see the pages are still white

3. DrunasisPrime

DrunasisPrime Banned

the $300 I actually did see on Ebay and I believe it was graded.

The only transformer comics I ever had were the Gen 2 marvel ones and of course the dreamwave ones.

But i'll try looking online to see exactly what they're worth.

thanks.

4. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I have a complete mint 1-80 run of the US Marvel TF series, and I doubt THAT'S worth $300. Hell, if #1 was worth that, I'd have sold it by now to help finance my wedding...

5. DrunasisPrime

DrunasisPrime Banned

6. OptimusPrime86

OptimusPrime86 The Nooch

welllll, after sneaking a peak in Wizard, it says the value is $15 in mint condition.
    need i say that i take wizard with a grain of salt?

after checking around ebay, there are one or 2 selling for a few bucks. i've seen them being sold for $5 at comic shows...

hope this helps

7. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

That 9.6 copy wont sell for $300 unless someone that doesnt know what they're doing buys it. Realistically a 9.6 copy of #1 wont fetch more than $30-40 bucks I would guess.

8. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

I think you 'misunderestimate' the insanity that CGC is known to cause. I think the seller's mistake is setting a high BIN (especially at that price). If he were to start it a few bucks, people might bid it up to, oh, say this price.

9. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

wow...
    I wouldnt have guessed a 1984 book with a 9.6 rating would fetch that sort of price. A 9.8 yeah, but a 9.6, just wow...

10. Denyer

Denyer Shooty Dog Thing

If you want to sell, my advice would be to wait until after the new movie...