First pics of Titans Return Astrotrain figure and Ravage.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by megatronski, Mar 19, 2016.

1. rosewater

rosewater Well-Known Member

Looks pretty much like Crasher to me!

2. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah....those little head dudes really need some paint on them.

Thanks for the pics griffin.

3. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

And, by extension, the head becomes the crotch... am I the only one that finds that a little disturbing?

4. Extrazero

Extrazero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    These have got to be the most expensive paint budgets in Hasbro history.

5. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, in G2 Bruticus pic you can see it in the background and it definitely looks like Crasher/Fracture.

Nah, that's totally Night Ranger:

[​IMG]

6. griffin-of-oz

griffin-of-oz Ozformers site-owner

News Credits:
    It was a custom toy that one of the fans brought to the meet, and thought it would be funny to add to the photo to see if anyone would notice it, and think it was another upcoming toy.

7. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Slap them upside the head for us, eh?

8. AutobotAlvaron

AutobotAlvaron Autobot

As I wrote earlier, I do like Astrotrain despite several glaring omissions of paint, and these additional pics only make me want him more.

Others have noted that his shuttle-mode looks upside-down and, though I didn't see it at first, I do now. The pic of him on the table on his shuttle-belly does make it look as though that could be a viable alternate shuttle-pose.

If the arms could fold-up onto the chest, even the new gun turret position would make sense; the only thing missing is a tail-fin. If the current dual-tailfin & Titan-seat w/canopy can't rotate that way, maybe a ShapeWays or 3P could make a tail-fin to fit into the slot in the middle of his chest. Add a sticker of cock-pit windows to the black bevel-edges next to the landing strut and voila, there's a better, non-flat, right-side-up Space Shuttle!!

Granted that the shuttle-bottom would be weird, but hey, at least it's an option. Maybe the mold was intended for further differentiation from Sentinel but had budgetary constraints cut them out.

Attached Files:

9. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure that's masterpiece road rage

10. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the more i keep seeing astrotrain pics the more i want it in hand. i cannot wait for this guy.

11. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    That Astrotrain is very nice indeed.

Not impressed with Ravage. The Ravage/ Stripes mold is so far the worst of the cassette bots we've seen.

12. Golden Phoenix

Golden Phoenix New Member

You'd have to do a fair bit of modding to Astrotrain to make this work. He'd need his head to lower into his chest.

The wings/turret area swivels up over his shoulders, rotates, and then folds around his chest for train mode and there isn't enough clearance for the headmaster to stay on.

You'd need to gut the chest, make enough space for the head to fold or slide down, and put in someway to push/pull his head out.

13. Probe

Probe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, with Astrotrain, there are two pillars almost the height of the head that can come out of the chest on either side of the head. So I think it can be done. But you will be cutting plastic.

14. Ragnar

Ragnar Fun with G1

Ebay:
    I want to be excited for these, but I'm just not. Astrotrain just gets too busy from head to toe. The pointy shoes don't do anything for me either. Fatty ravage looks like a iron-infused poop brick.

I need to stop buying TF figures just because they're of a particular character. I need to like the individual figure of that character as well as what it adds to my collection. At this point, neither of these add anything significant, so I plan to pass. However, I could always change my mind once more in-hand images start to surface.

15. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Guys, you can also give him the cowcatchers for feet if you just turn them around.

16. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    forget it....no one seems to realize this...or look at it long enough to figure it out.

it seems easier to just hate on it than realize it can be rectified...

17. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

I wish. Especially for characters like Hardhead and Skullcruncher, it feels like bigger is better. I'm so tired of getting such tiny deluxe figures.

Uh, well... no.

The only thing that is particularly missing in G1 Astrotrain is the thing that's missing in most G1 Transformers... articulation. It's a tiny figure with relatively simple engineering. The fundamentals of his G1 transformation still work, and are completely irrelevant to whether new joints could be added to the arms and legs. The arms could be made to extend or just designed to be longer in the first place; a waist joint would be easy to implement; better hips and longer thighs with articulated knees would all be feasible in a new figure the size of TR Astrotrain.

So yeah... if they'd followed the G1 model, they probably could have delivered a much more credible triple-changer.

I'm not crazy about the TR Astro shuttle mode, but it's serviceable. I like the robot mode. The spats aren't even that bad. But the 'train mode' is really barely a mode at all. I'll definitely pick this guy up, but I can't see him spending much time in that mode.

zmog

18. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I haven't followed this thread because when I first clicked on it, the first or second post I read was rage over 'hate', 'haters', something about disbelief over people not liking the feet... and really I have no room in my life any more for this angsty crap.

But I saw your name, and thought it was a safe bet for something reasoned and articulate- and there was.

To *hopefully* echo your point, I cannot comprehend why Hasbro designed this thing the way they did. The bot mode looks alright. Not fantastic, but alright. The "shuttle" mode is, whatever, alright. But what is that so-called 'train' mode?

I have to agree: had they more closely adhered to the original toy I think all 3 modes would have benefitted.
    Not for the sake of "slavishly recreating 'geewuhn'" nonsense, but for the sake of a better figure all the way around. I think it would have been easier and would have yielded better results.

I don't mind re-invention; all I ask is for something cool. But not something that has a fair amount of "WTH"?

And they still could have gotten a Sentinel out of it.

19. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

While I like this figure, it's hard to argue here. The G1 toy did a LOT right (probably part of why it's my favorite G1 triplechanger). It's odd that more figures haven't simply updated and refined that very solid (and elegantly simple) template.

Fingers crossed that someday a hypothetical MP Astrotrain will do exactly that. :) 

20. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Also known as Cheese House

News Credits:
    The feet are ok, but that boxy head just kills it for me. I will be sticking with the Classics one.

Ravage is just all sorts of bad.