First Photos From Machinima Combiner Wars Cartoon & New Details

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Mechafire, Jun 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Hey, i'm cool with AB, Rook, Offroad and Blastshot. Theyre forming my new combiner with BC Prime or Hyperdrive as i like to call him.

Evidently there is, or we wouldnt be typing these comments ;) 

2. Lord Dcast

Lord Dcast Dr Lockdown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I'm sick of all this G1 purism. The CHUG line is an update line dedicated to taking from ALL Transformers series, not just G1. Changing up the characters is no big deal, as it's not the G1 character we're getting but a new version. Sure, sometimes a few things won't resonate well, but seeing all these people who hate on these new characters just because they're different annoys me.

3. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    And I'm sick of the hipster anti-G1 elitism.

4. Lord Dcast

Lord Dcast Dr Lockdown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I'm not anti-G1. The MP line is where the accuracy lies, not in this cartoon or the CHUG line.

5. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    You don't get to decide where it is. Hasbro and Takara will decide, independently of each other, based on wherever they determine their money is coming from. For Takara, that is clearly from the older fans who grew up with G1. For Hasbro, it's more of a mixed thing.

But Classics began as a line updating classic G1 characters, not as this multi-platform utopia Generations has become. And if the largest part of their output still seems to be G1-centric, or you feel is leaning more and more that direction, that is not an accident. It's because that's what they see selling for them.

I agree with you that Generations doesn't need to be G1. But I disagree with you that it can't.

6. scrapmetaru

scrapmetaru Well-Known Member

Now this should be on a plaque. It'd be my sig if it wasn't definitely too big.

7. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    me too

8. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    It's so silly, because almost everything that isn't directly connected to G1 already (like Beast Wars or Car Robots), IS an update to G1.

Armada is an update of G1. Animated is an update of G1. Prime is an update of G1. The Bay movies are an update of G1. The IDW comics are an update of G1. G1 is the original idea and those others are a slightly altered take on that original idea. So I don't get the blind hate of the original concept that the G1 haters' favorite takes strip-mined all their ideas from.

9. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like both. C'mon guys.

10. Lord Dcast

Lord Dcast Dr Lockdown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    G1 is the base, but you can't be afraid to change things.

And yes, Masterpiece IS where the accuracy lies. Whether its G1, Masterforce or Beast Wars, it is a line based on extreme accuracy.

And while Classics was designed to update G1 characters, the current generations line is strictly for all series. Things change. We can't stay tied to G1 forever.

In fact, if it were up to me I'd have a new series that doesn't involve any existing characters whatsoever to bring fresh ideas to the series.

11. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I don't really care either way about '80s-era G1, but any dislike I do have for it is entirely the result of middle-aged people going on about how all "my" versions of Transformers are terrible not because of the actual quality of the designs or characterisation or narrative, but because of the fact that they're different to in the '80s.

12. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I'm not. And I agree. But you can't blame people for having a visual preference for something or for the tug of nostalgia on them.

You also can't blame ANY segment of fans here, G1 or otherwise, for the direction or aesthetic Hasbro chooses to pursue. None of us here have any say in that; it's completely Hasbro's call based on what they think is going to make them the most money.

13. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Exactly this. I find it completely ridiculous when Prime or Animated fans talk about Geewun, theres few things that have added less and copy/pasted more to the franchise then those cartoons.
    I for one however am sick and tired of those updates always being of the 84 characters, The Transformers franchise is to rich to limit ourselves like that.

I'd certainly welcome that. One of the reasons i like NuRID is because it started out very much like that.
    But i must ask: do you really want the Generations toys to have no G1 accurate toys ?
    The TR updates for the G1 Headmasters for example, do you hate that sort of thing ?
    I agree Generations can be about updates for all previous toylines and about new designs and characters.
    But it still is that, the focus is just on G1 updates right now.
    The Dark Cybertron subline was all about different designs and that will happen again.
    What i dont understand is people wanting different just so it wouldnt be G1.
    Well i could understand that if it was about say... Seekers. But common, Weirdwolf is hardly Geewun. He's as new to the eyes of a young TF fan as Quillfire for example.

14. Lord Dcast

Lord Dcast Dr Lockdown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    While updates of G1 are fine, I'm just saying that I'm also fine with new characters. And yes, a line without G1 characters would actually be quite good.

15. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm with you there. I have little to no interest in the '84 (and '85) characters, outside of a couple.

16. Lord Dcast

Lord Dcast Dr Lockdown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    See my previous comment. We've got too many 84/85 characters being updated again and again.

If you're going to make toys, maybe make new characters or go with obscure ones. Titans Return is a good start, getting away from the typical cast, but we need to go further. Perhaps they could show Beast Wars some more love aside from the MPs and reissues.

Or why not just make new characters entirely? Star Wars has proven that kids want to buy the newer guys more than the old ones. Maybe its time for some new stories to be told.

Still, on this topic, I'm looking forward to this specifically BECAUSE it has a new character. I understand Windblade's not perfect, but at least she isn't Optimus or Bumblebee for the umpteenth time.

17. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's fine. But aside from what you or I want, I can see why they do it. Because obviously, that is where their money is coming from. Money is why they do anything, so if they do that, money is the reason. Not because anyone here has any pull with them.

If there was as large a market for that as you wish there was, they'd already be doing it.

I don't know how you think Star Wars proves that. When they came out with the Black line, was it a bunch of new characters? No. It was Luke and Leia and Han and Chewie and Vader and Greedo and R2-D2 with newer characters sprinkled in. And thanks to the way that story is set up, most of the newer characters have some relation to the older characters anyway. And none of them are from a separate continuity, the way TF is set up. Pretty much everything they do now has some tie to the original trilogy.

18. G1Dan

G1Dan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is there a preview for this soon? Sure I read something about that somewhere

19. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I feel very much the same. I actually like G1, but when I see people complaining about Hasbro trying do something different, and getting entitled, I start feeling resentment to that part of the franchise. I know not every G1 fan is like that, but there are far too many of them.

Although, all the arguing in this thread spawned from Alpha Bravo, who I personally don't care for. He was completely out of place in the Aerialbots, and made Quick-Slinger hard to obtain for some.

20. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    suppose to be today and one a week for a month

in about 5 weeks time the regular series is suppose to start

however I am worried that these prequel eps will be ,,,,,,,,,,,not exactly what we are hoping or expecting, I am worried its just going to be something like still pictures or something and not actual animation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.