First Photos From Machinima Combiner Wars Cartoon & New Details

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Mechafire, Jun 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Where are you seeing animation???

2. Thorhammer

Thorhammer Well-Known Member

I know it was pointed out she had a large role in the comics, but I thought I'd point out (someone might have beaten me to it) she was released as a figure in the CW series, as a part of the "Combiner Hunters" set. Or is that not considered part of Combiner Wars for some reason?

3. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Yea I just looked again it definitely has details that evoke combiner wars Starscream. Which is what it's supposed to be and that makes me happy if they make our hasbro toys "show accurate" I can see ppl now selling their takara sets to be in line with the show. Ya know for as long as the show will last lol (not long I imagine)

Dude you said it best man. This is exactly right and I think complaining about something we had a part in is stupid. Not to.mention she does have characterization for sure. So not sure why haters are saying she doesnt.

please explain it's been a while since I watched Resolute and not sure I ever finished it or not.

And a collar ;) 

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    You're assuming everyone took part in voting for her, and that everyone voted for the aspects she ended up with. The only thing I voted for that made it was her gender.

It's not stupid for people to complain about something they don't like. And she may have some characterization, but clearly not enough. I couldn't tell you the first thing about her except maybe naive? But she actually isn't anymore so there's not much going on that you can immediately draw upon. Most main focus TFs you can rather easily get a read on their personality, but Windblade is very much a mundane character.

Writing off all criticism as "hate" and "boring" (???) is pretty weak when the criticism is somewhat founded. I don't despise Windblade by any stretch, but would I like to see nearly anyone else get the focus she's getting? Probably, yeah. I was never sold on her, her design is fairly unremarkable, and AFAIK she's equally as forgettable in RID. Her standing as the first ever "fan-built" TF should've been a footnote to her being as much of a stand-out character as she's being flaunted as, not the only reason she's even around.

Am I somehow wrong for thinking this?

5. Collectibot

Collectibot SWITCHed.

News Credits:
    No. You're actually pretty darn straight with those words.

6. l0te

l0te Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Right on the money. And the only thing fans voted on were her physical appearance and one personality trait. You could have voted for every winning trait and still not like the character she wound up as. I'm pretty sure no one voted for a forgettable doormat, and yet here we are, drowning in milktoast as she gets a pair of miniseries, cartoon appearances, an ongoing, the first adult-oriented TF animation centered around her, three+ toys, two SDCC exclusives, and a partridge in a pear tree.

7. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Even if her other versions leave much to be desired I still don't find reason to believe that this Windblade will be the same as them since this will be done by a different writing staff because for all we know this Windblade can end up being the best written one out of all of them.

8. bumblebeej8

bumblebeej8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You're being optimistic? Nooooooo we can't have that here. None of that.

In all seriousness, yeah, I hope you're right.

9. axiant

axiant Autobot paper pusher!

:lol :lolol  At least it's not ROTDS looking Drift :lolol 

P.S. They better have Prowlie or Aeriabots :tongue: 

10. MpCollector81

MpCollector81 Banned

Looks good to me.

11. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    I would never say anyone is wrong for having a opinion about anything, specifically not you, and I didn't say anyone was "boring" (although you could be referring to the post I quoted). I don't know why you would say, that I SAID, i would write off any and ALL criticism. I like criticism to some degree because it can open your eyes to things you may not havr know. I just liked the comment that I quoted because it brings up good points to the argument. You bring up few good points as well but what you think I was saying is incorrect. I think on time you'll see that I'm not a hater and willing to listen to otger points of views. I'm not narrow minded or one sided and change isn't a bad thing always. To reiterate I DEFINITELY don't think you or anyone else is wrong for thinking Windblade is ovrr used or anything else I merely was agreeing with a well written post (imo)

I only voted for her gender as well and I'm all for new characters and more spotlight on older non used characters, like Inferno or Red Alert never get much attention for example. What I liked about the post i quoted is that Hasbro did tell us this would be a consistent character and I think supporting them giving us ANY say in the toyline is important. Yes everyone is entitled to their own opinion I don't disagree there but "sometimes" it feels like their opinion is based off the majority of other people's opinions. Or they are just stubborn for the sake of being stubnorn & wont listen to reason because they had to back up what they originally said. Instead of making their own opinion based off facts from actually watching reading more about her to make an honest informed decision. What I mean is when I said it's stupid to hate just for the sake of hating, it was reference to one particular person here that couldn't back himself up with thr correct facts

Hope this clears some things up bud, I'll probably go back and re read what I quoted to make sure I didn't miss something because otherwise I'm not sure why I got this reply. Cheers!

12. axiant

axiant Autobot paper pusher!

Well I'm with Split on the not hating Windblade but I really just don't care for her. Then again, I don't get all this enthusiasm Hasbro/fans have for creating new characters when we have all these 84-86 and beyond bots/cons that didn't or hardly ever got characterization!!

I mean, for goodness sake, Bumblebee has practically been overused next to only Optimus (who btw, doesn't always get much characterization besides "Fatherly superior/leader" angle) when he's not the only bot who can fill in the scout/kid friendly role. Not to mention the other fembots from G1 or the other flying bots

I'm excited by the prospect of seeing combiners onscreen so I'm at least expecting that the other combiners we know will at least get an appearance or mentioned. But if it turns out to be a Transformers starring all these new characters or the Windblade and Starscream show (for adult fans supposedly!), I'm quitting. I don't care for it. Call me a G1 er if you like. I don't care anymore.

13. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    It warms my heart when someone can get what I'm thinking across far better than I can. Well, except I would have posted that Matt Moylan strip about the different kind of TF fans, where the artist has a profile about their fan character and damn near every descriptor fits Windblade.

14. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Man, back when they first announced the Fan-Built Bot, I thought we'd be lucky to see it cameo in one of the comics, or at most get their own Spotlight issue. Never would I have expected them to be immediately turned into the next Bumblebee...

15. Dev1160

Dev1160 A.K.A. DevastaTTor

If the writing is good, this could be awesome!

16. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde born-again First Churcher

News Credits:
    For what it's worth, I think the art-style (from these images) looks very nice overall. I'm curious to see what it looks like in motion. Even though my expectations are low, I still plan to give this a watch. If it turns out to be better than expected, It'll be a pleasent surprise, if not, then nothing of value will be lost.

Its unfortunate that the so-called "first Transformers media marketed towards adults" is being wasted on a character who's quickly becoming oversaturated and I'm getting real sick of hearing and talking about her. Its painfully obvious that Hasbro and IDW really want this character to be popular and well-liked, since their trying everything they can to make it so. If it weren't for her "Cityspeaker" role, she'd have no use to Starscream at all in the plot of IDW. They created the concept of a "Cityspeaker" just so she'd have some kind of importance, and an excuse to keep her around. Even when the plot seemingly has nothing to do with "Titan whispering", Windblade is still made the main character. Not a team of Combiners, which would have made a lot more sense, Windblade. Also, the team had a chance to create an original character for this story, and they go with a pink / purple version of Windblade with an altered head. Wow.

If this was how Drift was treated by Hasbro and IDW, the (over)reaction from people would have made a bit more sense, and would have been more understandable.

17. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Wild guess here, but I'm thinking maybe "Maxima" is Windblade's predecessor, who gets killed by Menasor in 5 seconds to set up Windy's hero journey.

18. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Im betting she dies one way or another

19. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Seems to fit the cliché scrappy little emo-girl tragic heroine persona Scott has been determined to give her from the beginning. Complete with the ill disguised scifi version of a Victorian novel background.

Oh, you mean Maxima.
    Same logic :lol 

20. GotBot

GotBot Titan class

I am actually really jacked for this. I am even cool with some Windblade focus. Wonder if we will actually get this streamed in Canada?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.