First Movie Optimus Prime Robot Mode Images - Confirmed authentic by Paramount

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Primal84, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The design of the arm and head for prime is very similar in style to the photo we saw of the bumblebee model a while back. I'm a fan of this new style TF. I mean really, do we want to see TFs that loof like their limbs are made out of legos? As for this "exploding metal" hooha we've been hearing so much about since the trailer came out, I really don't think that is what the transformations are going to look like. I mean for heaven's sake, how else are you going to transform 12 letters "TRANSFORMERS" into 3 numbers " 7 4 7" without some sort of craziness.

2. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Wasn't it said at some point that the transformations would still consist of moving "blocks" around to become robot parts, just that the blocks would be much smaller than we're used to? Exploding panels that fly around in crazy ways doesn't sound like that. The big chunks of armor on Prime's arm don't look like tiny exploding bits either.

3. Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X Well-Known Member

You know I'll admit I'm not a big fan of the Transformers insides being exposed, but even with that fact known I'm not sure how it can be criticized as far as not making sense. The Autobots and Decepticons could easily be made from something like adamantium so there wouldn't be any need for excess it would be indestructible anyway. :) 

4. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

I love how the idea of giant alien robots seems completely plausible, but the fact that they have exposed joints leads to cries of "ZOMG EXPOSED JOINTS ARE TEH UNREALISTIC!!!!!11 TRANSFORMERS WILL BE THE SUXXORSBAYMUSTDIE!!!!1"

5. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    EXACTLY.

6. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I am glad to hear that Venezuela got the poster too. Don't worry magnus I think sooner or later you guys in Argentina will get promos too.

In Peru the trailer was shown during Pirates of caribean 2, I couldn't see it yet because I was hoping to see it when I went tos ee Superman returns :D 

Hope this movie will be shown on July 4 in our countries too.

7. Sky Shark

Sky Shark Well-Known Member

If that's how they look like in the movie for real I will be a very happy Transformer fan. The more time that passes after seing the paint job on that truck Optimus will be like the more I like it. The flames might actually look better on him in his robot mode than in his alt mode, that is if he has flames in the movie. I wonder why the eyes were blacked out though.

8. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Drat, outsmarted by a Lorry, I am disgraced

Ok my only beef with this design is the apparent lack of "Optimus style" chest, but maybe thats just a premature complaint.

9. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Considering that we haven't really seen his chest to begin with, yeah, that seems premature. If he does have an "Optimus style" chest, other people are going to start bitching about false COE truck fronts.

10. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    you cant even see the chest

*chalks it up as "premature complaint*

11. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Ancient and knackered

Or even premature extrapolation.

Er...

/coat

12. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Me too! 'Cause if it isn't, I'm going to have to travel to the US just to see the movie on 7-4-7. I know it sounds insane, but I'll do it!

Heck! I did it for both Episode I and Attack of the Clones. Revenge of the Sith OTOH premiered on the same date here than in the US, so I didn't need to travel.

(Does it sound a little less crazy if I say I also used those travels to buy toys and have a vacation?) :D 

-airfox

13. Fortress_Wise

Fortress_Wise Head of Dalyst

It might be still be early for a state of the art render, but i don't think that looks good enough to be from the actual movie. Perhaps a game render?

14. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

As insane as it is for you to travel to Kentucky next month for a toy convention? :p 

Yup Airfox you're certifiable ;) 

*I do hope you can tell I'm just pulling your leg* :D 

15. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

RA:

Okay. Now, follow along here. Let us suppose that sapient, alien, transforming robots exist in our Transformers universe. Disregard for a moment the questions of whether such creatures are plausible or even possible, given the limits of AI. We have to do this anyway, or there will be no talking about Transformers fiction at all.

Very well. Now let us assume that these robots are built from titanium, unobtainium, trithyllium, durabyllium, adamantium, vibratium, Gundanium, Luna-Titanium, mithril, eog, Topps baseball card gum, or any material real or fantastic with impossibly high strength and hardness. Let us further suppose that said robots have exposed, rod, pin & actuator joints to their limbs. Now, let Bumblebee take hold of Optimus' arm, startling his leader,
    who reflexively moves his arm, causing the adamantium rods and actuators to close over Bee's adamantium fingers. CRUNCH. Painful, is it not?

All right. Now assume that on Cybertron there are many other machines, and given the fact that improvement in one field of technology often leads to improvements in others, let us safely assume that some Cybertronian tools and non-sentient machines are fabricated from strong metals like the TFs are. Now consider Wreck-Gar and Nancy, enjoying a stroll through his junkyard, exposed joints clicking away. He leans over to give her a friendly pat on the bottom, slips, and falls in a pile of discarded mithril gears, which get caught in his mithril knee joints when he tries to scramble out. KERRRRRUNCH. Ow. Call Nurse Ratchet, Nancy.

See, this isn't an issue of suspending disbelief in one area and not in another, arbitrarily, nor is it TRUKK MUNKY style ranting. This is a case of taking various premises and using common logic to make determinations from them. Logic: it's the ultimate weapon.

16. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    :lol 

Weeee.... 8th convention in a row! :lol 

I'm still hoping the movie gets the world-premiere treatment. That way I can keep my plans for an European vacation next year.

-airfox

17. DavidLoPan

DavidLoPan Well-Known Member

Found these on another forum as well. Take them for whatever.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Apologies if this has been posted.

18. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    forgot one :) 

[​IMG]

looks AWESOME and tough as hell, not the skeleton former others say it is.

oops nevermind it just wasnt loading for me

19. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Pity that Megatron is missing his upper body and armcannon.:(  But I LOVE that Bumblebee, VERY complex but still logistical, and it looks quite good. I just hope that the face looks better in motion, though. It just doesn't look good here.

20. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah who would've thought that an internet rumor/rumor in general could be false:D