First Movie Optimus Prime Robot Mode Images - Confirmed authentic by Paramount

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Primal84, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Agreed. You guys can bitch all day long, but in the end, you're fighting a losing battle. No matter what people say, the movie will be what it will be, there's no changing it now. If you don't like it, then why even join threads like these except to be criticized by those of us who like the new direction that this movie is heading towards? It was said originally that the movie would be more G1-based, guess what, it’s no longer following that plan. Bay, Spielberg, and Hasbro decided that this is better to bring story to the general public. That’s life, things change. If you don't like it, that’s fine, you're entitled to your opinion, but don't come in here and start a fight, cause that’s all you will get. And to everyone, even those I agree with, watch the flaming, there’s no reason to get in trouble over something as stupid as this.

2. highball22

highball22 Banned

FOR THE NAYSAYERS:

What do you want?!?! It seems like some of you would be happy if you just saw Masterpiece Prime featured on screen! The toys would not look good on the screen. The new pic looks far better to grasp in the REAL world.

I am so glad you guys don't have your grubby mitts on this movie cause it would look like pure trash. You want some walkin' talkin toys to act out the same EXACT plot we've seen A THOUSAND TIMES.

This movie is in the best hands possible.........that being: NOT YOURS.

Like someone posted earlier- 'if you don't like it....don't look at it' Tadaaa! It's really that simple. Try it, you might like it.

3. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The head image is probably like the arm, in mid-transformation. Note the blue "shell-shaped" piece behind the grey "ear". If it rotates up, it will cover the "ear disk" making the entire helmet blue. The slimmness may also be because the blue top of the helmet hasn't come to rest in it's final position. It could also have been moved to confuse a bit so to not "give away" the final look. Just some thoughts.

4. davetherave

davetherave Banned

I f you don't like to discuss what u see, don't, comment on what people are discussing. Do u even have an opinion. Som many people jump in and say why are people whinning, at the end of the day no trees are dieng here, it's digital, so let people have their discussion and keep ur Unimaginative brain out, and just get what ur given. Threads are for people who want to voice their opinion. Ther only people who are getting offended are people without opinions like you. It's just a bit of fun, so don't try and turn it into something nasty. I don'tl ike the way it looks, and I am interested to see why people like the way it looks, I have no beef with anyone and I respect their opinions, but I am allowed to question them like they are allowed to question my opinion. You have made no points and are mearly commenting on the fact that people are debating the look of something.

5. davetherave

davetherave Banned

Yeah of course, but it's interesting to see who likes how this is progressing and who doesn't. At the end of the day if u just wanted to see the pic, why bother reading the thread and leaving an opinion. We are allowed opinions at the end of the day, and we are allowed to dream, and criticise, this isn't some dictatorship, this is a democracy, isn't it.

6. Rattrap587

Rattrap587 Maximal Ground Operations

Ebay:
    WOW!!! Me likes!

7. Bendimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I don't have a problem with this at all; go right ahead if that’s what you want to do. I would just think that you'd get tired of getting yelled at after awhile.
    You should try this theory out by sending Kickback a Goatse PM and see what happens :lol 

8. highball22

highball22 Banned

I LOVE IT!

I like knowing what everybody else has to say, also. That's why I lurk and get a pulse on the fandom.

There are people who like it- with valid/ realistic views.

There are people who don't like it- with valid/ realistic views.

Then there are a few SPECIAL people who hate it- with totally irrational thoughts (or lack thereof) as to why. These are the ones I'm speaking to. Are YOU one of those people DAVETHERAVE? If not, then maybe I wasn't talking to you......or was I?

9. davetherave

davetherave Banned

No ones yelling at me their just passionate about their opinions. And my opinion has changed not much but slightly by other peoples comments. As much as I am a G1 narrow minded fanboy, I love to hear other peoples opinions, and I f i feel they are valid, I will take them on board. I love arguing. This will probaly be the most fun thing about the movie.

10. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Drat, outsmarted by a Lorry, I am disgraced

Could be a concept, could be a fake, not what i was expecting but it still kicks massive amounts of Ultimate lvl ass.

11. davetherave

davetherave Banned

I jus wanted to bak me up or maybe I wasn't backing me up. At the end of the day, weather someones opinion is valid or not ain't the point. As long as no one is directly slagging someone it's all good, I feel I have learnt a bit, maybe those u refer to possibly including me will change their opinion and learn abit more. I'd be interested to hear ur opinion, more on what u think of this rather than how others are expressing themselves. I too think some arguments are stupid, but u and others probally think that of mines.

12. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

They're making a high quality Megas XLR movie? Awesome!

j/k. Looks good, other than the flames, still don't like those.

13. davetherave

davetherave Banned

Another theory is that what we have seen are jus, t oget feedbak, why in this manner is questionable, but please veryone be vocal just in case. Theirs alot of pasion behind this which = alot of money. Why they would jus wanna do what they think TFs should look like wiv out consulting us, beggers belief. I would of thought it would of been a good idea, to post some basic concepts to all the main sites and do a poll, then we find out the winning stylisation once the movie comes out.

14. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Gee... I posted here last night (second post in the thread) and then didn't check it for close to 24 hours....

What do I find upon my "return":

- A thread 23 pages long @ 10 posts per page.
    - Most of it is praise... WTF?! On a movie thread?
    - The first 17 pages had less than 10 posts from people who disliked the design. All those posts were voicing opinions and not whining. UN-BE-LIE-VA-BLE! :D 
    - During the last 6 pages, it all went to hell. I'm surprised the mods haven't issued a single warning though.

I have to say it again: if these are real, I like 'em.

After seeing the modified pics assuming the originals depict Optimus in mid-transformation, I like it even more.

Some things I felt the urge to comment upon:

I respectfully disagree.

Spider-man received a lot of changes from the original concept. Not all of them were improvements IMHO and some of them did alter the original Peter Parker's personality and traits. I think that's the reason I haven't been able to enjoy Spider-man and Spider-man 2 like I enjoyed X-Men, X2, X3 and Batman Begins.

I can list at least 10 things I hated about Spider-man and Spider-man 2, but I won't to avoid derailing the thread further.

IMHO, it's impossible to conclude from these pics that the movie TFs will be THAT vulnerable.

And besides, if I remember my G1 correctly, in an episode Megatron was defeated by a human using soap/foam/extinguisher fluid or something similar, so there's a precedent. ;) 

Seriously doubt it'll look good on the big screen.

I agree. But the "exploding parts" transformation is just a rumor AFAIK.

Why do people hold the Spider-man movies in such high place is beyond me. Give me X-Men, X2, X3 or Batman Begins any day of the week. Spider-man and Spider-man 2, by those standards (X-Men, X2, X3, etc.) wasn't that good.

Heck! I enjoyed Fantastic Four more.

Based on what I've already posted about the Spider-man movies, I think this last sentence basically screams: change them, because it'll make the movie better! :)  J/K of course.

I fail to see how this doesn't look like Optimus Prime at all.... it's clearly an Optimus Prime, ergo, it looks like him at least some.

Mmmmm.... how does this looks like Go-Bots?

-airfox

15. highball22

highball22 Banned

Since you invited me to, I will.

I think its great because its NOT more of the same. It's different. More realistic.

I think that some of the joints being exposed allows for greater range of movement. As well as a sense of advanced technology. The way some of the more intricate toys are designed would not capture the realism of a true-to-life robot.

And so what if it looks like a vulnerable spot to us. It's alien tech. What says its not tougher than we'd think? Just like the human body, we have vulnerable spots even when we have protective armor. If we were fully armored up we'd have no mobility or range of motion. Same as with These bots.

My 2 pennies.

16. Devastator001

Devastator001 Prepare for Devastation TFW2005 Supporter

I am really looking forward to the movie. Those pics really piqued my curiosity.

17. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

Again, is he a COE truck?

Precisely because of resemblance. Again, is this new Optimus a COE truck? Anyone can be Superman, even Nicholas Cage, but it takes much more to impersonate Christopher Reeve.

If by "you failed" you mean "I didn't read your post because I don't agree with you", then ok. You, on the other hand, indeed have failed to respond to many topics I refered to.

No, because people are too quick to dismiss good points when they don't agree with them.

Yes, there is. You are saying the models and the movie are based on G1. I'm saying they're beautiful, but loosely based on any Transformers series, quite different from what Don said at first. You prefer not to see the reasoning of this point - that one can argue that it's not G1 and still think it will be a great movie. I'm sorry.

Of course, and now you can't change your mind. I like to defend different points of view because it helps me ponder more about my own opinion. I think it's not G1, but I don't have to hate the movie because of that. So I [dis]agree both with the nay-sayers and the nay-nay-sayers. It's a risky situation, because from time to time I find people who want to shove their opinions down other people's throat, and I don't let it happen.

And I asked you to check out The Lawnmower Man. It's a classic example of adaptation gone wrong. There's "is", there's "based" and there's "inspired". They way you put it - despite it not being a COE, it relates more to G1 Prime than Armada/G2/Hero Prime - sounds flawed and forced upon. And this is just one example of what you said. By being flawed and forced upon, your argument sounds like "shut up, I'm right!". It's not words put in your mouth. Read your post again.

Precisely, "inspiration". It contradicts your first phrase quoted here - let's use semantics, shall we? -, and makes "my" point. You are ignoring that Don said it would be "mainly based on G1", and you and many people are using the old "It was never meant to be G1" as an argument, which is a blatant lie used exclusively to dismiss GWUNers points. I am just exposing that lie.

And twist and ignore many more. I do have to say that if you want to sustain that "It was never meant to be G1" and "this movie Prime relates more to G1 Prime than G2 or Armada", you must do better than that.

I can see where your experience comes from. On the other hand, I intended to end this discussion quite a while ago. Can we do it now?

18. davetherave

davetherave Banned

Yeah I can see your reasoning, as old medival armour offered good protection but was a mobility problem. I suppose the main reason I have for the lack of armour look, is mainly the look. I detest it, ever since I saw that leaked bumblebee pic. It's also true that it's probally not the finished article, but until we see that this is all we have to debate and ponder about. But from a design point of view if the bare foundations aren't sturdy it's not worth building upon.

When it comes to design I do know what I'm talking about, but at the same time what I say doesn't mean I'm right. I mean look how mastrpice starscream has evolved. But Masterpiece starscream is what I think the stylisation should be like, it's realistioc, has great articulation and looks good. We all love it, although people have their gripes about the mould, but it generally is asthetically appealing, more so than what we've seen of leaked pics, surely everyone must agree on that, no?

19. Bendimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Fair enough. And for the record, you one of the few G1-ers that’s not way over the top. You're alright in my book :thumb 

20. highball22

highball22 Banned

I agree that SS is one of the more realistic TF's out there but even THAT wouldn't translate well to the screen. Looking at the elbows- not much on universal movement without having to turn the entire bicep area. Same with the knee joint. How many good realistic poses can you make with the limited range of such a design.

I just appreciate what the new pics show because it allows for a more fluid motion. Possibly something like actually being able to fold their arms like in the toon and comics.