First Movie Optimus Prime Robot Mode Images - Confirmed authentic by Paramount

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Primal84, Aug 15, 2006.

1. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

You're saying that the design is wrong, aren't you?

2. chocula78

chocula78 Satellite Systems Engr TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    fake, totally fan made, but they are nice interpretations

3. GalvaTRION

GalvaTRION Not one step back.

I'm saying I don't like it.

4. flamepanther

So, Spidey = right, Hulk = right, Optimus = not right, not right = wrong, therefore Optimus = wrong.

5. GalvaTRION

In my opinion, yeah.

6. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    QFT. This is exactly what I was thinking.

7. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    OMG! I've got THE FANBOY GIDDIES!

8. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

Okay, your tone requires an answer...

Now you're just twisting it. It does matter who ends up voicing the lines, much more than who the role was written for.

You are trying to mask their decision of going far from G1 behind a weak acceptance of a weak G1 resemblance, that's what I'm going against. I like Prime's model, I don't mind Bumblebee being a Camaro, I love Starscream being an F-22, but that doesn't mean I'll stick my head in the sand and say this is G1 enough, because it ISN'T. That's why I'm defending some GWUNners points. I think they are too radical, yes, but I think you're quite obtuse when you say "this is G1 for you, be happy and shut up!". You have twisted facts and listed all that's favorable to your point, and simply denied or overlooked facts that don't agree with you. I suggest you take some time from the computer and come back when you have chilled out and watched Armada again.

9. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

That's why I quoted "wrong". I hate people that run for semantics when they completely understand what opinions are and pretend not to just to stir the discussion. It's a lousy, lousy trick.

10. GalvaTRION

Quoted for truth.

11. EagleEyeJoe

EagleEyeJoe Well-Known Member

And this is the point where the in-biting comes in and the thread devolves into a slap fight between kindergarteners.

Saddly, I read all 21 pages of this thread... of which 17 or so is actually a pretty good discussion. I do have a tip for those not liking what they are seeing: stop looking.

Why? Obviously now this movie will not be what you want. There is nothing you can do about it. Continuing to complain about it will only upset yourselves more and irritate the hell out of those of us who think they'll like it or those who will maintain a wait and see approach. You're not going to like it, your discussion exists only to irritate people... hence... IMHO - find something else to discuss and leave movie topics alone.

12. flamepanther

No, I'm not twisting it. We're discussing what the BASIS of this movie is. The Optimus Prime of this movie was BASED directly on G1 Optimus Prime and no other version. Had Cullen failed to get the part, whoever played the role would still be playing a character based directly on Cullen's portrayal of Optimus Prime. Chistopher Reeve obviously didn't play Superman in Superman Returns, but there's no mistaking which specific version of Superman he's based on.
    And you've completely failed to demonstrate that it doesn't resemble G1 more strongly than RiD or Armada did or how it resembles any other series more closely than it resembles G1, i.e. that my "weak acceptance" is wrong. Those versions were still based on G1 themselves, and this movie looks to have many more parallels to G1 than any of those did. An argument is not weak when it has more support than the opposing argument.
    Because they're so weak that they need you to defend them? If you think the new designs are good, there's no need and no point in arguing someone else's position. I don't like having words put in my mouth, so why should you speak for people you don't really agree with? I wouldn't presume to act like that. My arguments are my own honest beliefs, reached through considering everything that I know, not something forced for the sake of an agenda.
    This is exactly what I mean about having words put in my mouth. Where did I say that? I didn't say it was G1. I said it was based on G1. It is, in fact, based mostly on G1, in exactly the way that Blade Runner is based mostly on Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep. Blade Runner is not Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, in fact it is an extremely radical departure, but the fact remains that DADoES is the main basis of the film Blade Runner. The difference between "is" and "based on" is a very simple, very important concept that some people seem to be failing to grasp for some reason. No matter how you want to look at it, G1 TransFormers--not Armada, not Beast Wars, not Galaxy Force, and certainly not anything entirely outside of TransFormers--is the primary inspiration for this movie. "Obtuse" is saying that this movie has no resemblance to G1, when it very clearly does.
    I could say the EXACT same of you. Welcome to debate on the Internet. At the least, I've been able to refer to more facts than you have.
    And I warn you from personal experience that this kind of comment will get you a serious warning from the moderators most of the time.

13. davetherave

davetherave Banned

Just heard from one of my m8s that some movie boff on radio 1 today said the spielberg funded the citreon adds, to test how pluasable a transforming robot would be. Could jus be pub talk but it sounds feasable.

Anyways theirs nothing wrong with being a fanboy, after all I love G1 but hate the execution of most of the toys, but I understand the concept behind them and how they wanted them to look. At the end of the day, a thread is about dicussion and theirs no point if everyone says yeah thats great, yeah thats great.

If it wasn't for threads of people slating Beast Wars like I used too I would of never bothered to see why people liked them so much, I hate the toys but think the animated series, was quite tight and had more to offer than anyt othe TF series.

Aren't we all fanboys in some respect, as we are all fans of TFs. Or are fanboys just people who are selective about what is produced. We won't buy any rubbish, just cuase it's labled transformers doesn't mean it's good. I've been to a couple of TF reasearch meetings and people drooled over TF watches, it was a joke. I mean if u buy a watch buy a proper watch and if u buy a TF buy a proper TF. I want Rolex watrches and Takara TFs, not rolex TFs and Takara watches.

14. flamepanther

Interesting if true.
    I love you.

:lol  But seriously, discussion is what I come here for, and I never hold a personal grudge against the people I butt heads with. Next time around I might be on their side of the issue.

15. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    If thats real that looks awesome...the biggest thing I want to see kept from the original characters are the heads and from what I see, That Prime head kicks ass.

16. davetherave

davetherave Banned

I see what ur saying their, but even if this isn't real, like bumblebee's pic I see parts of a car but can't work out how they go together. It might be a very ingenious transformation, but how will that convert to a toy, after all this is gonna be a big budget toy commercial. And thgis exploding transfrmation like the way the title goes in the trailer, is another worrying fualt for me, as one it's not gonna look like G1 [yes anothe g1er whine] and 2 even though very complicated to work out and render, it is an easy way out of working how the bot would change and will definently not covert to toy well. I fthey make toys that don't transform whats the point, I'm probally over reacting here, but it's something else to complain about - I am a pestamist - I wish I could be an optamist.

17. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Probably right about this being "mid-transformation". Here's a photoshopped version of your sketched revisions. The large piece at the top of the image probably even rotates around to become the "bicep".

[​IMG]

Helps it look not so skeletal. I wasn't sure what to do with that blue part on his forearm. It may rotate and face down the length of the forearm or up to fill in the gap on the upper arm. Who knows? Fun to try and figure out, though.

Has anyone heard if this is indeed genuine?

18. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Hilarious Shortpacked

In the contex of this thread I think this April 5th Shortpacked fits :lol .

I think Bingo must've been reached 10 times over :lol 

19. davetherave

davetherave Banned

Another point I disagre with, it looks to slim in the face, not just becuase it not close enuff to primes original look but becuase it's asthetics are rubbish, and from reports we've heard from before, saying his head is taller and slimmer, backs up the fact that this is a close resemblance of the finished article.

20. flamepanther

That looks hot. Good job!

I think the mystery part probably goes up along the gap in his upper arm.