First look at War For Cybertron Optimus toy (vehicle only)

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by S250, Jan 10, 2010.

1. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

This is gonna have an animated feel to it..I dunno. I will have to see how robot mode looks, thats what usually sells me.

2. *Soundwave*

*Soundwave* Derp

News Credits:
    I prefer it to be deluxe class. that way, if it is a full line, they can incorporate larger characters in so theyre actually near being to-scale with the rest. just because optimus is the leader, doesnt mean he needs to be ridiculously large compared to the rest. just my opinion.

3. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

Frankly, I'm amazed that so many of you are like OMG I VANT ZEES! DROOOOL over a really crappy ass picture.

I'm going to have to see a lot more pictures before I open my wallet and declare WFC to be the end all be all of Transformers. Hell, we don't even know if the game is going to blow or if we'll really even like the new storyline or not.

4. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    He looks cool and fun. Bought!

5. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Isn't the barely visible gray area the window/cab, why build another one on top of it?

The black in the pic below is the gray here:
    [​IMG]

6. SpencimusPrime

SpencimusPrime _

News Credits:
    You never cease to amaze, S250.

7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh my god, looking at that pic, the missing part seems to be much more than the roof, it looks like it's also a fake front and grill.

Disappointing really, just like TFA Blurr they take out a gigantic part of the vehicle just to make their jobs easier, probably gonna be a bad excuse for gimmick too like Blurr's hood chainsaw.

8. KAGE

KAGE cgibsonREX

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Yep, all that seems to be a fake piece similar to TFA Blurr's fake hood.

But really, can't blame Hasbro, game designers are apparently more cruel than Bay's team and made a vehicle that CAN'T turn into the robot, vehicle is too sleek to turn into such square-ish body, hell, even the details don't match.

10. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Ahh crap, sorry Shroob, I misunderstood your earlier post. But that sort of design to the truck's front would be nigh-on impossible to replicate on a toy at this scale.

It is highly probable that the game people designed these characters without much thought into them actually transforming, because the in-game models wouldn't actually have to transform (can be covered in an animation of parts flying and shifting).

11. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Yep, mean designers suck, hope Hasbro found a good solution to these problems, Maybe the GIANTIC fake part will turn into a cool weapon?

12. Vladakris

Vladakris Predacon

Im just hoping that this series wont bring them to earth, I cant tell you how sick I am of earth vehicles, earth this, earth that, I really have no desire for another series with earth, I want more of Cybertron, hopefully that will be the case in this series. I also hope the scale in this line will be accurate from shots Prime isnt that big compared to others, bulky though. So I hope they dont just sham leader class figures of Prime and Megatron. Though Megatron is my real interest as being my favorite character. Peaugh if you can get this in a week ill give you my first born child!

13. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    to be honest i realy need to see robot mode to have an opionon cause right now its a no i was expecting a darker red darker blue silver bumbers and no neon pink..... or that could be my screen still its as off puting as all spark blue

saying that if this is a deluxe then the rest of the line should be good cause that would mean we would actuly have a close to scale line

e.g.

deluxe optimusprime
    deluxe megatron
    deluxe starscream
    deluxe rachet

surpream omegasurpeam

this is what im hopeing
    i would put more exzamples but we honestly dont know enough besides whats in the trailer :D 

14. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    whats interesting is Hasbro told us they were "looking into" doing toys, and now a few weeks later we're getting prototypes. I'm suprised there has been nothing from Hasbro telling us this is, Based on the game, the game is starting a new line, or this is all related to the project we know is being worked on but hasn't been named. We'll know more Feb. 14th

15. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    What would be AWESOME is if this figure is just as articulated, if not more so, than Animated Cybertronian deluxe Optimus Prime. That was one of the most fun TF's to handle in 2008.

16. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know it looks like the grill might be there, that whole front piece looks like its sitting low. It might just need pulling up and a small piece attaching at the top.

17. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I like it but the colors are way too bright...I think it may be a photoshop of the gray proto. Top pic is mine, with more game accurate-ness

[​IMG] [​IMG]

18. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Is it just me or do the design look really simple? Kinda getting this FAB (Fast Action Battler) vibe. Mm... :rolleyes2 

19. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:

I've said this a couple of times, it l doesn't look accurate enough, the colours are very bright and it just has the look of a fab with all those cheap looking plastic pin hinges.

But I see that as a good thing, if they do a FAB that looks this nice then I imagine they'll be a pretty kickarse mainline version to come. ;) 

20. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    The same could be achieved by correcting the saturation of the original photo ;)