First Look At War For Cybertron: Kingdom Animation

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Black Convoy, Jun 23, 2021.

1. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Brother Lombax

Season 1 of BW was mostly filler, it mostly centered on the aliens plot. The writers themselves weren’t sure about a few things like if the planet the maximals and preds were on Earth from the start until later on in the season. BW’s best writing comes from seasons 2 and 3 where it is more story focused and relies less on filler.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

This. I think there is a consensus that Season 1 was weak and things didn't fall into place until the start of Season 2. I even think re-watching Season 1 is a chore. It's like eating your vegetables (season 1) before you eat the steak (season 2) and lobster (season 3).

And Cyberverse definitely has a charm and its own voice. It's silly but not grating. It doesn't take itself too seriously but it also raises the stake and creates tension in its plots. I thought Bumblebee and Windblade had great chemistry in the first season. I think there's also consensus that Cyberverse Season 1 was the weakest of the three seasons too. It's still a show aimed at kids and "the problem of the week" type plots. Beast Wars had much stronger character driven stories. Cyberverse has likable characters but its usually the plot or some other shenanigans that takes centerstage.

• Like Like x 3
  3. WolverineDragon

I’d still say season 1 had some pretty solid episodes like the one where Tigatron wanted to quit the beast wars, Possession, and The Spark which gave us the concept of the spark as we know it today. Plus the character interactions in season 1 were great like the scenes between Rattrap and Dinobot.

Season 1 isn’t as bad as some fans make it out to be. Sure the overarching story is weak but it did help to create lore and gave us some epic character driven stories.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible TFW2005 Supporter

S1 was also the first season of a children's show made to sell toys. It was sort of a Trojan horse for what came later, but if they didn't meet the mandate to make a show successful with kids to sell toys, we would never have gotten what came later.

• Like Like x 3
  5. WolverineDragon

True, mainframe wasn’t sure if BW would’ve been renewed for a second season. If that were the case then we would’ve gotten a lousy cliff hanger ending.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible TFW2005 Supporter

I'd also add that the episodes weren't really "filler" - they were episodes. Serialized story telling was still novel in American television in 1995. Most shows, especially kids shows, were doing stand alone episodes rather than season-long story arcs.

• Like Like x 3
  7. WolverineDragon

Season 1 still had an overarching story line concerning the aliens. But most of the episodes in season 1 didn’t advance the plot much, hence why I call it a mostly filler season.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Primus00

Primus00 Creator

Well regardless, its a big issue and huge controversy. Gundam Seed an anime in which those Canada voice actors did has been redubbed by certain voice actors. What do you think of that?

9. Primus00

Primus00 Creator

Indeed. Thats what makes Japan great.

10. NOBLExGAMER

NOBLExGAMER Scale Crazed CHUG Collector and #1 Twins Stan

News Credits:
    Everything went to shit after Monty died and Burnie sold the company.

And then there's the whole Funhaus and Achievement Hunter breakdowns.

So sad to see a community focused company sell out.

• Like Like x 2
  11. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    There's nothing to think about. It's like asking what I think about the sun rising and setting everyday. Yeah, it's great but I sometimes wish the sun wasn't quite so hot? Either way, I have no control over it and neither do you...so yeah, if you don't like it, go inside (or using this metaphor, don't watch it).

12. Primus00

Primus00 Creator

Well, if you're a longtime fan of those certain voice actors you might understand how I feel. I'm just not liking the current voice acting as of now.

13. BidoofdudeofOz

BidoofdudeofOz The Stench of Discovery

Clone Wars is an anthology series. You don’t lose anything by missing an episode, unless its the middle of an arc (which are never more than 4 episodes). The show is made for you to come back in at any time, none of the major characters change and all the episodes open with a little context babble anyway.

14. Shady boi

Shady boi Banned

Ebay:
    I AM NOT YOUR ENEMY because WE ARE NOT THE DECEPTICONS so TELL ME YOU FORGIVE ME!

• Like Like x 5
  15. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    I love certain voice actors too. But as a longtime fan, I've come to understand why you can't have Peter Cullen and Garry Chalk acting in the same show without going through some serious red tape.

It basically comes down to location if you're using guild union actors.

U.S. production made exclusively in the U.S. = U.S. pool of actors

Canada production made exclusively in Canada = Canada pool of actors

If a production crosses the border, then you can pull from both as long as you go through the red tape. This is how Garry Chalk can make cameo appearances in U.S. film productions if it films in Vancouver.

NON-union, however, doesn't have to worry about cross border issues and, thusly, broadens your pool. The con to this is that the pool is rather shallow on talent. But the BIGGEST con is not benefitting from professional voice directors. While we had some legendary voice actors in G1, they wouldn't be as well regarded today without Wally Burr.

• Like Like x 1
  16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    I could never tolerate any amount of Cyberverse, either early on or later when it "got good," because almost every character sounds like they're talking to a small child. That patronizing inflection just makes it so hard to connect with the characters, and the dialogue is completely flat. I don't see how anyone can praise its writing. It's not WFC-bad, but it's certainly not "good."

• Like Like x 1
  17. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Once again, the lack of a good voice director hurts the production. There's some pretty bad dialogue in G1, too, but Wally Burr makes it all sound entertaining by pushing the talent to do their best. That's definitely lacking in Cyberverse but the saving grace is that it exists in a time where the closest Transformers to compare it to is WFC and Prime Wars. Rescue Bots is there too but how many fans are actually watching that? As a result, Cyberverse climbed to the top of the stack so far thanks to the show not taking itself too seriously while also being very serious - basically finding the right balance ala Beast Wars and Animated. It's not Shakespeare but it's the breath of fresh air that you want after watching the dirge that is WFC.

18. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Last character I thought would be brought back for Kingdom.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Smokeyoreo18

Smokeyoreo18 Has to wait 274 days till he can watch RoTB

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Where did you find that?

20. Smokeyoreo18

Smokeyoreo18 Has to wait 274 days till he can watch RoTB

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Here’s the clip:

And here’s the video :

Mod edit: Screencaps

War For Cybertron Kingdom new Clip 01.jpg War For Cybertron Kingdom new Clip 02.jpg War For Cybertron Kingdom new Clip 03.jpg War For Cybertron Kingdom new Clip 04.jpg War For Cybertron Kingdom new Clip 05.jpg War For Cybertron Kingdom new Clip 06.jpg War For Cybertron Kingdom new Clip 07.jpg War For Cybertron Kingdom new Clip 08.jpg War For Cybertron Kingdom new Clip 09.jpg War For Cybertron Kingdom new Clip 10.jpg War For Cybertron Kingdom new Clip 11.jpg War For Cybertron Kingdom new Clip 12.jpg War For Cybertron Kingdom new Clip 13.jpg War For Cybertron Kingdom new Clip 14.jpg War For Cybertron Kingdom new Clip 15.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 10
    • News Credit News Credit x 1