First Look At War For Cybertron: Kingdom Animation

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Black Convoy, Jun 23, 2021.

1. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

So both Prime and Primal will have awful derpy voices.

At least they're consistent in the badness.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Rojixus

Rojixus I AM NOT YOUR ENEMY!

[​IMG]

Just as with Attack on Titan, this series is so terrible that I have transcended anger and am now only watching so I can ridicule it.

• Like Like x 9
  3. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

Don't misunderstand-- I'm not defending the performance of the voice actors. They're genuinely bad, but someone decided they were adequate for the role. And that person is just as bad at their job. "Shit cake" is indeed a pretty good description of WFC so far.

• Like Like x 13
  4. TFfangeek

TFfangeek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay, so everyone has discussed how horrendous it is seeing Optimus Primal have large lips, but are we going to ignore that in addition to Ultra Magnus coming back, Nemesis Prime might have a more prominent role then the single screen shot he had in the Earthrise series?

• Like Like x 2
  5. ScorponokIsHere

ScorponokIsHere He is Arrived Indeed

Beast Wars being done just as roughshod as G1 cartoons have been for years is true equality.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Cosmoglide

Cosmoglide NA W4Y W3 60

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Jake Foushee is fine as Optimus on Cyberverse. In season 3, I'd go so far as to say he's pretty good. He's atrocious on WFC and I lay that absolutely at the feet of the directors and F.J. Desanto who was also EP on the somehow even more terrible Machinima series. Someone listened to these voice performances and said "oh yea, this is good stuff". Oftentimes, the actors barely know what's happening in the grander scheme of the project. That's why it's the director's job to make sure they're delivering what is needed. A good director can finesse an amazing performance out of a terrible actor (this is actually something Quentin Tarantino excels at, among others). When you see an amazing performance from a 7 yr old in a movie, that's the director guiding someone with less experience to deliver what they need in front of the camera. I've been to a few voice actor panels at cons and they often credit their voice directors with helping them deliver good performances. Sure a talented voice actor might be able to get there in fewer takes, but an inexperienced one can still get the job done.

The directors on WFC have ZERO directing experience before these shows and not much other experience before even that, according to their IMDB listings. The way the characters talk in WFC is a conscious choice that someone at the top made and that is 90 percent of the problem with the voice work in the first 2 seasons. the Machinima shows had a similarly stilted voice direction, so I will once again point to the common element across all of it, which is DeSanto. The voice acting is awful, but clearly it's what he's wanting because nothing is changing.

• Like Like x 13
  7. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Brother Lombax

It sounds like Jake is doing Primal’s voice. So you have two derby voices from the same actor.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cheez Doodle23

Cheez Doodle23 Plastic Crack Club Member

News Credits:
    I'll check this out but, it does not look promising. It's bad when I like the animation from the original show over this, not to mention the voices. I wish Netflix and Hasbro would take what was done for Voltron and what they are doing for He-Man and apply it to Transformers.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cerberus

Cerberus Shockwave loyalist TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Show model not following toys unlike the previous season did...
    The voices, seriously what was that...
    And...oh well i'll wait to see it all before i can put a objective overall judgment on this, but just from the trailer...heeesh

• Like Like x 3
  10. fishpop

fishpop Squishy

Ebay:
    I'll still watch Kingdom but that Primal voice is pretty bad...

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  11. GeoSociety

GeoSociety Lowering the Bar

It truly is the best medicine for whenever trilogies go south beyond the point of no redemption, is to start treating it as a comedy or an unironic parody instead of a tragedy.

download.gif

• Like Like x 6
  12. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Cybertronian Kitty

News Credits:
    "We are fwum your future!"

Omg i knew they were going to stomp on the BW fans but this is worse than what they did to G1. :D :D :D  Seems like the writers aren't thrilled that they had to put the beasts in their show and may be actively trying to show that :p :p :p 

• Like Like x 1
  13. Galvatron1998

Galvatron1998 Maximal

News Credits:
    This needs to be F.J. DeSanto's final contribution to Transformers. Everything he's had a hand in producing has been crap and I feel he genuinely believes he's producing quality content. I long for the days of Larry DiTillio, Bob Forward, Marty Isenberg, Bob Skir - heck, I'd even take Jeff Kline at this point.

• Like Like x 11
  14. OZsket

OZsket Well-Known Member

See there still hiring tramps to do their voice acting cos it’s cheap. Optimus primal and rhinox both look hideous. Rhinox looks obese instead of chunky but powerful and primals face is gross and weird looking. Why does the designs from a show in the 90s look more normal to me.

15. OZsket

OZsket Well-Known Member

Are they still just going to use their siege designs?

16. theEmpressive

theEmpressive Til all are One!

Why? Why do they have to talk so slow?! It\'s the most distracting part of the whole series, even worse than the story. It legitimately confuses me.

17. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

Optimus Primal: "Wememba the Gwat Wa, Wattwap. If the Pwedacons get enough enejon, thaw'll stawt it again."

• Like Like x 17
  18. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde シン・ブリュンヒルド

News Credits:
    :lolol :lolol :lolol :lolol 

19. DarkAxalonSyde

DarkAxalonSyde Advocate for orignality in Transformers.

You know, there was a small part of me that, against all odds, held out a tiny bit of hope that they'd get the original voice actors back. I was actually thinking, even dreading, that if they did that, I'd have to watch the show, even though I know they'd just butcher the characters. Thankfully, they haven't done that and so I have no reason to watch this mess. Well, except maybe for the follow up to the hilarity of "We ArE nOt ThE dEcEpTiCoNs!1!1".

• Like Like x 2
  20. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Right? I haven't seen any of He-man beyond the previews, but those previews are full of energy.

The toys are fantastic.
    I do not connect the toys with these shows in my brain at all; in that regard I'm just like the creative team for this horrid trilogy.

Repost, but a glorious repost.

Yes.
    Because the show is terrible and there are a million dangling threads; Nemesis Prime among them.
    Pretty sure that means Cheetor will not transform during the show.
    If he does, I imagine it will be off screen.

• Like Like x 9