First Look at Transformers Movie Jazz

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Super_Megatron, Sep 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

Well I have to admit, it looks much better then the other crappy designs we had so far. But it still doesn't say Transformers on it.
    The one good thing about it, that we FINALLY see some recognizeable car parts on it.
    Overall, a little bit more improved design doesn't get the job done. I still think Michael Bay screwed it up.

2. cefuroxx

cefuroxx Well-Known Member

Absolutely, this is garbage. The sad thing is that it's the best looking of the movie bunch........

3. AntiGod

AntiGod Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why is this picture so exclusive?

4. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    The "Best Jazz design to date"even better than G1,and the claw hands ROCK.Will
    be getting the figure of him first. Can't wait for June 2nd,2007.

5. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

Ebay:
    It was my thought this might be toy boxart attempts or something... but "another" IDW leak? Which was the first/second/etc?

6. Wiggyof09

Wiggyof09 Well-Known Member

It doesn;t look as exposed as some of the others have. And as was said, you can actually tell that the robot transformed from a car. Not sure I like the claws though. It does kind of work. So far I'm ok with most of the autobots, except theh eads. Still hate all the decepticons though.

7. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Not a big fan of the claws, I just see no reason for em. And I still say that the face, along with the BB one we keep seeing, is the 'battle mode' masked face. If he had a mouth it would look a LOT like the original G1 toy (and I know that as fact as I'm looking right at it). The dual pistols is cool though, and it's nice to know they're keeping the 'tire as their heels' thing going as this is 3/3 on the autobots to use that concept.

And I'm still wonderin if he'll talk in ryhmes, at least once, like he did in his old G1 days. >_>

8. Optimal-T

Optimal-T Metroplex's Sidekick

I don't really know what to make of this.

9. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not too shabby. I think the talons are more fitting for bad guys, but whatever.

10. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

Ebay:
    "Jazz say find friend today"? Eew, no.

But so long as he doesn't talk in 133+ or gansta, I can live with it.

11. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like it better than all of the rest but that's not hard to say. Maybe it's just that I've disliked all of the other movie designs before this one but I can't help but think that this Jazz looks like it could work as a Transformer. (to me) It has bulk and style and car kibble. Has anyone else noticed that the smaller the bot is suppose to be, (Jazz is the smallest Autobot) the more they look like thier original counterparts. And the larger they are, they look less like a traditional TF.

Now he needs a good voice. (I vote Will Smith)

12. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Wohoo! Me likes what me sees!...Defenetly something new...Umm...PLEASE bring on the designs for Ratchet and Ironhide.......
    Sofar not really digging BB's & Prime's head design, but what the heck...Jazz has a robotech-ish design alright...and I WANT TOYS DAMMIT!!

13. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

joy

14. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Awesome design. I can't wait to see the rest of the bots and cons.

15. spyderbytez

spyderbytez ALTERNATOR FANATIC TFW2005 Supporter

Cool.. But how da hell does that thing turn into a convertible soltice??

16. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Well, it's definently the best looking of the movie bunch, in my opinion anyways.

That being said... although I do enjoy much of the movie designs for their own marrits... I have to agree with alot of the people that are saying that they think of other robots (from anime or movies) before they think of Transformers. This is actually the first design to make me go: "Hey, that's a pretty spiffy looking TF!" with all the others I usually go: "Nice alien robot. Who's that supposed to be again?"

Guess I should get my thoughts on these characters in order so far. Giving all the guys we've seen so far in a scale of 1 to 10:

Blackout: 10. Easily one of the coolest Decepticon designs that I've seen so far... I don't even mind alot of the alien asthetics on this guy because he's an all new character designed for this movie. Not to mention he just looks and feels evil...

Bumblebee: 7.5. I like what we've seen so far. But I don't like the exploading car parts look of him... the panels have shifted around in such a manner that you can't even tell what the hell he's supposed to TF into and, to me, that's a bad thing because it takes too much of a step away from what TFs are like... even Blackout doesn't do that... you still know he's a mother f-ing helicopter... My only other complaint about Bumblebee is his face. I just don't dig the "exhaust port" mouth piece he's got going... well, maybe that's just his battle face like the others and he has a regular mouth somewhere? However, perhaps my biggest complaint about Bumblebee is that almost nothing has been kept to remind me of the original character with the exception of the color (yellow and black) and the two little horns on his head... which makes him feel more like a generic sports car Autobot that could have been called Sunstreaker, Hot Shot, Rodimus or anything else if they fealt like it... Bumblebee just feels too generic to me...

Jazz: 9.5. Reasons stated above... no need to repeat myself... only thing I'll add is that I enjoy how he's the first movie design (for the Autobots) that has distinguishable vehicular parts and a decent looking bulk for being a robot. He actually looks like he can take a hit or two without cracking. The only real negative for me is that I don't like the three fingered claw look... I can deal with the narrow "beak mask", but the fingers should all be there even if they're claws. I do kind of get a Robocop vibe from him though... especially with that visor and the style of his twin pistols. Oh yeah, twin pistols rock!!!!

Megatron: 4. Alright... let me first say that I like this design, but not as who it's intended to be. If they had called it just about anyone else... I'd be cool, but it just doesn't say Megatron to me. It looks more like a T-1000 mated with a Guyver... however, it does give me alot of vibes from BM Megatron... so I can forgive some of it...

Optimus Prime: 9. He was my favorite design of the Autobots until I saw Jazz. Aside from Jazz, Prime seems to be one of the few characters that has retained much of who he is. Also, he has one hell of a BFG! My biggest complaint here is that he seems way to slim to be Prime. Prime should have been one of the bulkiest Autobots and most heavily armored... however, he's got the same problem as Bumblebee when it comes to exploading car parts... still, he looks good and fits into a Prime asthetic. Oh, and did I mention the BFG!?

Starscream: 5. Another one that I really like the design, but don't like it for who it's intended. The one thing I like about Screamer over Megs though is that I can actually tell by looking at him that he turns into some kind of jet. I dig the finger missile launchers (even though they'll probably be smaller in the movie) and I really, really like the pilot helmet face. However, none of that screams Starscream to me... Jetstorm maybe, but not Starscream. Oh, and someone please get rid of those chicken walker legs? Without those damned legs I'd really be a hell of alot more into this design... still wouldn't make a good Screamer to me, but hey.

17. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This Jazz has the hands meant to SLAP YOU. Lovin' him. :D 

18. optimus1

optimus1 Well-Known Member

Besides the odd Wheel appearing or windscreen showing
    they just look like Giant Fu@#king robots as you cannot see any reference to what vehicle it is supposed to transform into.
    But i like it.
    As it is new and fresh and like many other fans( even those who dislike all the bots shown to us) ,I will be purchasing a figure or 2 and will spend $17 on a movie ticket
    Edit :make that $34 as my 7 year old nephew loves Transformers due to his Uncle
    and he will also want the toys ---wallet empty again

19. darthsutius

darthsutius Minor Sith Lord

News Credits:
    Cool enough.

20. BamBam25

BamBam25 Well-Known Member

Cool.

I'd say I like this design the most. It's definitely one of the more accurate designs, and Jazz's facial features are better than that Johnny-5 look of Bumblebee's. But has anyone read the script? Supposedly.....

SPOILER.....

Supposedly Jazz dies at the hands of Megatron. It was a pretty poor, really shitty script, and supposedly they altered some things. I hope they change that though. You just don't kill off Jazz.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.