First Look at Transformers Movie Jazz

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Super_Megatron, Sep 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

I'm loving this design. Easily the best so far.

2. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm just not bothered about this film anymore... I mean this thread got to 30 pages in length before I decided to check out the pictures.

I actually think the film will be OK... I'm just don't feel like I have a vested interest in it now that we've seen what the Transformers actually look like and now that some of the plot points have come to light.

... And to think that this time last year I was so excited about it!

Steve.

3. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

I sometimes wonder if there would be 30 page discussions, and if there would even be a dedicated Transformers movie forum, if this was the leaked image of Movie Jazz:

[​IMG]

Or would we just see it and say, "yep, looks right. Nothing more to see here folks".

4. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Speaking as the local Arbiter of Aesthetic Taste:

Jarodimus has been sanctioned as possessing recognizable Aesthetic Taste, and his views are to be respected.

Thanks for your enthusiasm,
    Vangelus
    Local AAT

5. thunderbat16

thunderbat16 scout sniper

holy shit they did something right now we're talking hopfully they do pretty good on this movie after all

6. Rattrap587

Rattrap587 Maximal Ground Operations

Ebay:
    Strange but I liked. If Bumblebee had a similar face would be great.

7. Subotnik

Subotnik Please Stand By.

He has a pig face for a chest.

8. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He'd started scanning a beast altmode before he realized everyone else was going vehicular.

9. ease

ease HIPHOPTIMUS PRIME

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    GREAT OBSERVATION! The MOVIE MEGATRON design looks almost the exact same as the ESCAFLOWNE BOT! What- are the same designers doin TRANSFORMERS THE MOVIE? DAMN SHAME!

10. JusticeSabre

JusticeSabre FLUKE the SYSTEM.

Ebay:
    ...a realistic film about sentient robots from a metallic planet in a distant galaxy that come to Earth and disguise themselves as cars and trucks?

GTFOOHWTBS.

It could have been done quite nicely.
    Bay and his team are just stubborn pricks without a creative bone in their body.

11. Wreckie

Wreckie Holder of the Discomatrix

Ebay:
    You're making a lot of sense. You have to leave. :p 

12. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

He looks ok..could do without the claws though.

13. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

Ok, I don't know what GTFOOHWTBS is, but general audiences have already accepted they're seeing a film about robots from space disguised as Earth vehicles when they walk into the theater, because it says TRANSFORMERS above the door. That doesn't give the film license to go hog wild on the fantasy dial. You have to make audiences believe what they are seeing is real, which is particularly difficult because the film takes place in our world, our time. Unlike G1, this isn't a cartoon for five year olds; it's a film for adults (no, not that kind of adult film). That means neon-colored guns and mass-shifting metal robots have to be checked at the door.

14. Quantum_Penguin

Quantum_Penguin Well-Known Member

I don't think that's entirely fair. Certainly movie Jazz shares Escaflowne's "no straight lines" asthetic but, aside from the fluted shape of the calves, the two designs don't share any corresponding surface details. In fact, there are a lot of anime robots that have similar designs. However, I still agree with you in so far as their having imitated a pre-existing design asthetic rather than create their own.

Furthermore, I agree about him looking like a GM as his having that visor shape with no mouth made my initial response to the design: "hey, it's a GM". Again, they changed the character's archetypical features just enough to resemble an icon from another franchise. Hopefully, if Prime's faceplate can now open to reveal a mouth then Jazz's can too, and he'll at least not look like a GM some of the time.

15. KnightSaberAmi

KnightSaberAmi Nyan Nyan

Now that looks alot better than termite Megs and a non-armored Prime

16. spiderbo.

spiderbo. New Member

A good departure from the norm. It just diversifies the world of transformers. I am really looking forward to this movie.

17. evebird

evebird Waiting for Omega

They got the color right at least.

Hate the claws. Not on Jazz. Puh-leeze. Claws are for tearing shit apart. Jazz is all about style and finesse.

I'm not a fan of the overall artistic style for these robots. But I remember looking at Beast Machines Megatron and Black Arachnia with similar skepticism. If--and this is a big if--Jazz and the other characters are developed well, then I'll probably learn to love the new look.

I just hope Jazz has more dialogue then he did in the early script.:redface2:  Did he even have two lines?

18. IR8WORLD

IR8WORLD FUCTARD!

like i said before not everyone is going to like the way it looks or what it stands for...but have an open mind...if this was going to be a g1 transformers movie i think some one would have stated "hey lets make a g1 transformer movie"
    this is again an alternate movie based on those characters...just like armada, cybertron, and energon was....thier names were the same and the characters were similar...but the story and the characters looks weren't exactly the same....don't you think if a g1 movie was made and they used the exact character and exact story lines then don't you think people bitching would say "that's un original"...personally i would love the exact characters and such but if it was exactly the sam i'd probably think it was cool but boring as well...just like you look at the toys...the g1's are cool...but i have seen others of newer series that are cooler...look at the 20th aniversary prime...that kick ass to the original...the new classic line seems better than the originals....take things in stride...those who say they will hate it will watch it and love it....some of us will love the idea now but hate it after we see it....give and take....watch it then judge...why judge it now...you haven't seen it yet...lol
    i have spoken....lol

19. Kthardin

Kthardin Well-Known Member

Oddly, I think I really like this one.

I think more because he doesn't look completely skeletal, like the others...which amount to overly complex shellformers in many respects. Still, one would think they'd try to have armor protecting exposed wiring and such, but then, that arguement is ongoing. Even so, Jazz is the least offensive in that regard.

20. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Do you write the official product descriptions for Hasbro? Just sayin'...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.