First look at MPM Optimus Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Ra88, Feb 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Omg. Yeah. That is the ugliest paint job ever in the history of ugly TF paintjobs. I could do better! Talk about a bloody rip off.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mach

Mach Grand Master

News Credits:
    Unfortunately i disagree with this statement.
    I didnt FORCE it... It just go in nicely....

• Like Like x 3
  3. Unicron the Chaos Bringer

Unicron the Chaos Bringer Protecc this smile!

News Credits:
    Oh nice, that's good, hopefully I can find one that does just that. And I hope that I'll be able to find one even in the 1st place. Wish me luck once I get to Japan lol, I'm super excited about this figure

• Like Like x 1
  4. Actar

Actar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Firslty, regarding the hood pieces, depending on the angle of the photograph, it can look better or worse.

Whatever the case, yours was not more flush than mine either. Compare yours:

IMG_5096.JPG

With mine:

IMG_9735.JPG

Depending on the individual, that might seem okay, but objectively it's not. Again, this is the proper seated position:

IMG_9807.JPG

5. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    It's not a contest. Different people experience acceptable tolerances and OCD.
    @Mach might have his preferences and @Actar has his.

Let's agree to disagree that different people perceive issues differently.

As for me, I am done trying to justify the imperfections and enjoy the toy.

Yes, it is a SGD200 toy. We deserve better. We want the best bang for our buck. We want perfection. We want flawless toys.
    But I remembered Bandai and other toy companies get away with murder (hint hint Arcadia, Yamato, and heaven forbid, even Figma. My Figma and SHFs weren't perfect, some even broke out of the box) and we give them a free pass.

One thing I learnt from toy collecting is sometimes we get shafted and sometimes we get really good copies.

Like how I always advise some people who wanted perfection - stand at the factory and assemble the toy yourself and box and package the toy yourself if the collector wants a C10 box.

Just my 2ยข.

• Like Like x 15
  6. Mach

Mach Grand Master

News Credits:
    To me, this is an engineering product. Engineering product has tolerance.

Is just like a real life car. The gap between the side door and the car body are always different for different car, even it is a same model.
    The main thing does the difference that are so great or inconsistent that resulted the car door cant open smoothly or otherwise.

So for me this MPM prime, as long as can clip on properly and consider "flush" to me, i am fine....
    I also dont need to use a level ruler to ensure all panels are parallel 100%.

Of course i respect others that seek for perfection... But to me is just engineering tolerance, not some conspiracy theories what manufacturers rush out to meet what deadline or have version 2 later on etc.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Actar

Actar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't see how my view is inconsistent with everyone else's. Different people have different standards. That's perfectly fine. The problem comes into play when they try to deny the issues when others point them out instead of saying "there are issues and I'm fine with them".

It is a fact that the hood cannot stay flush and that the windshield pieces are molded incorrectly. This is not limited to my copy as evidenced time and time again by multiple pictures and testimonies. Turning a blind eye and pretending they're limited to my "dud" copy is not going to make the issues go away (as much as I wished it could).

...we'll see. (^o^)

• Like Like x 3
  8. Mach

Mach Grand Master

News Credits:
    Sorry again, i didnt turn on blind eye on "issues".
    So far my posts if you want to turn back and read, i dont even mentioned i have issues.
    I shared my experience my bonnet no need force to clip on and my bonnet are considered flush.
    No issues how to turn on blind eyes?

9. TCracker

News Credits:
    @Actar i have no argument with you on that, that is your prerogative. No one is accusing you of being inconsistent. I believe no one ever said that. So, please dont jump into conclusions.
    As for your point that 'they' (as I summized you might be referring to me), with regards to denying the issues, all I can say is that - Yes. I acknowledge there is an issue with the toy. But I am not denying it. I am just merely accepting the issue and be done with it.
    I had also made it clear to many people in my FB page the hood did not stay flush and sometimes it pops out right back even after I try to squeeze it together.

No one is saying your copy is a dud, my friend. It is a widespread issue no doubt. But all I am saying is everyone has their own level of tolerances and acceptance for their own toys. To me and some, we are fine with it. To you, it is not. And you are doing a great job telling people about the issues and that is very commendable.

Like I said, I am just giving my 2cents. I am a robot mode display guy. That is good enough. The fact that I know it can transform is good enough for me.

• Like Like x 5
  10. moof

moof Well-Known Member

Just pray that the future batches can do better people. No doubt I'm sour about the vehicle mode not being able to tab in proper. But overall, it's still a very good improvement from dotm prime. At least to me. And I'm loving it. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  11. Actar

Actar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, something that still puzzles me to this day is why the instruction sheet is completely different in terms of design from MPM Bumblebee's.

• Like Like x 1
  12. TCracker

News Credits:
    Which leads me to believe there are 2 different design teams for MPM03 and MPM04 respectively.

• Like Like x 1
  13. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    Yeah, I've been thinking that too. Hope we'll be able to find out who designed Optimus. And who is designing barricade for that matter!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it's unlikely that the toy designer was in charge of the instruction sheet. I would think that they're two different departments.

15. Actar

Actar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Haha, I just realized that all 3 Primes have the headache rack end up on different places on the robot.

BB Voyager: Waist
    ROTF LEader: Back
    MPM: Neck

Pretty cool how each one has their own unique take on the transformation while maintaining similar engineering ques. (^.^)

• Like Like x 2
  16. D1N0NLY

D1N0NLY Active Member

those with mpm optimuses and bees, any idea if the die-casted areas of the figure would potentially succumb to cosmic rust? or are they coated with chrome paint of some sort?

• Like Like x 1
  17. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Those with sweaty plams beware...:lol 
    But seriously..use cotton gloves to handle the diecast parts then it should not rust that easily..

18. D1N0NLY

D1N0NLY Active Member

shet... hahaha

• Like Like x 3
  19. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Are we sure NOTRAB is the Hasbro Asia guy called BARTON? Just curious, I see posters posting as if it's fact.

I kind of have my doubts about MPM Prime being changed for US/Japan release in September

• Like Like x 1
  20. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    MPM Prime had release date in September all along.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.