First look at MPM Optimus Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Ra88, Feb 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Cognitive ability of a rock

News Credits:
    The dotm deluxe is a fantastic figure. There are some areas for possible improvement, but those aren't really possible at the deluxe scale. I'd love to see them do basically what they did with mpm Optimus and Bee. Keep the design elements that work perfect, and fix all the ones that don't work.

Yeah, leader Starscream looks pretty terrible from any angle that shows the undercarriage in jet mode. Again, they could keep the good designs elements, and fix everything else for an mom figure. One of my favorite things do do is try to imagine how a mold could look as perfect as possible with a transformation as simple and clever as possible. Out of all the characters in the original trilogy, Starscream's design is the one I'm having the hardest time trying to figure out.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    Good suggested order, but I think Blackout deserves to be higher. Jazz and Starscream could use improvements, but they still have good figures already. Blackout essentially has nothing except an outdated and mediocre voyager toy. Blackout needs the MPM treatment.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I hope they don't integrate scorponok in blackout. imo.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    They can use the voyager from rotf for base to find out how they can make an MPM version, the jet is slimmer.

• Like Like x 3
  5. John TheDestroyer

News Credits:
    Jazz does not have a good figure. Both of his figures are pretty damn terrible compared to how he looks onscreen.

6. tonysandlin

tonysandlin Well-Known Member

You dissing the HA? :mad: 

• Like Like x 3
  7. Caminus Prime

Caminus Prime Banned

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    If we don't get jazz, I'm sure a lot of fans/collectors will be triggered, although we could always settle in with sideswipe (who's meant to be his replacement afterall) unless of course Seth's uncle was joking.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I honestly think most all of the HA figures were bad. Sold off Jazz a long time ago and never looked back.

I'd love to see what a MP movie 1 Megatron would be like. The transformation would probably be really fun.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I agree he needs to be done. I would love to have him sooner, but this is my guess on how HasTask will do it. I mean, they didn't need new versions of Bee or Optimus. Hell, even Barry Bluejeans has had more than his fair share of figures, so I can't see them prioritizing old Lewis Blackout. But yeah, I really hope he is at LEAST as tall as Optimus. I don't need a perfect scale, but he can't be the same height as a carformer.

Yeah, I can see how it could detract from the figure. In an ideal world, they would have a way to do it and do it well. But I do want him to come with Scorponok in some fashion. To try and be in scale, I think he would need to be nearly the size of a scout figure, maybe an MP Tape-bot. So I think he should come with Blackout. If they can integrate him not at the cost of either, great. If not, then just as an accessory.

• Like Like x 1
  10. John TheDestroyer

News Credits:
    Yes I am. :D 

• Like Like x 3
  11. John TheDestroyer

News Credits:
    I agree completely. I never understood why they were so loved.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    Actually deluxe scorponock scales pretty darn good...he's bigger than a little t of people give him credit for.

13. John TheDestroyer

News Credits:
    I think they should have Scorpinok, but have him form the back/tail of the helicopter. That would allow Blackout to have a larger helicopter mode while still being close to the height of Optimus in bot mode.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Rogzilla

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    You know, you might be right now that I think of it. He is nearly as wide as Blackout's back. I think because the only transformers we see him in relation so either him or Jetfire (who are both pretty big) I see him as a lot smaller than a carbot. I don't think he's as big as, say, Bee, but I think he's closer than I initially gave him credit for.

But then, if they do have him separate, what on Earth would he transform into? As an accessory, I think it would be fine if he didn't, but a stand alone MPM, it would be silly for him NOT to transform. Got knows his "robot" mode of the deluxe was silly.

15. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    His alt mode could be Blackout's engine. Wasn't that what he was in the movie?

• Like Like x 5
  16. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    HA Jazz is certainly more accurate to his respective character than voyager Blackout is to his...so yeah, Blackout should take priority.

• Like Like x 2
  17. John TheDestroyer

News Credits:
    I dunno. They're both pretty darn bad representations. I'd say it's about equal. But I would personally prefer a Jazz figure.

1D80BD9D19B9F3691081923F6D8BC7DA.jpg 1-141025153514.jpg 2152665109_085e123e3e.jpg Decepticons_-_Blackout_01.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah, an MPM Megatron in scale woth prime would be lit.

Anyway, speaking of the HA, the only ones i find "bad" are bee and sideswipe, the others are pretty, you need to admit that, for what they've done in that time with a more "old" engeenering and with a short price, they were incredible.

I think roadbuster and leadfoot are the ones that look more to their cgi models.

Jazz isn't an exception, it still looks lile the cgi jazz, it obviously has it's own faults, But it sill looks like THAT jazz, even if it is out of scale with everything else.

I mean, i can back seven years before and in that time hasbro was still trying with the normal generations figures of movies.
    humanalliancejazz38.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  19. Spaceman1251

Spaceman1251 Legendary Warrior

Instagram:
    I think the head angle is pretty much nearly the same. The only reason you think the MPM looks like it's looking up is cause the head sculpt is all messed up. And I know that the paint is missing at the bottom of the silver cheek parts. It still needs to be longer.

Also, why doesn't the battle mask have more bottom length? I think that's why it looks like a beak. I guess they made the forehead too big on the face, so the rest of the face looks like it's smashed in there. Really they need to just start all over again on the whole head.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  20. Rogzilla

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Yeah, I think so. Based on the markings on his robot mode, at least. I think it would be neat to see that. But it would be funny if he was a stand alone toy that transformed into an engine (especially if it didn't integrate into Blackout). Then we'd have this long line of cool cars and military vehicles, a cool alien spaceship...and an engine. Just sitting there. Being an engine.

And yeah, I think HA Jazz is the best version of Jazz so far. Even though he is ridiculously out of scale, he is part of my main movie setup.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.