First look at MPM Optimus Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Ra88, Feb 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why is it that in every interpretation of this character the tanks on his shoulders are always swung out instead of in?
    Seems like an easy thing to make accurate IMO but gets over looked every time. :( 

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  2. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    Bruuuhhhh Seth you gotta tell your uncle to get word to Takara design management to do Blackout and Megs lol.

EDIT: But seriously

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
  3. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Cognitive ability of a rock

News Credits:
    No transforming Optimus Prime movie figure to date has had a decent sized head. They are all way too small. It clearly shows in your picture that those silver shoulder things should only go to the top of his head, while most figures have them going all the way to the top of his ears. Just have his ears collapse down or something so they can fit a larger head into the space.

4. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 F.T.C

News Credits:
    ARE YOU SETH'S UNCLE 217?!

...yeahhhh???

WHERE IS THE TRU SKN ITEM 032434?! WHERE IS THE MPM BARRICADE

• Like Like x 11
  5. Megatron118

News Credits:
    *Freaks out uncontrollably like a teenager who's car turns into an alien robot (who knew?) and has a crush on an attractive and intelligent girl and just wants to help save the world*

• Like Like x 3
  6. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    The shoulders were mostly identical to the LC figure. I was looking forward to mpm would finally get those parts right too.

7. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

But Dark of the Moon Megatron desperately needs a better toy.

I remember one of the first things I thought of after seeing that movie was "I can't wait to see what kind of cool Megatron toy they come out with"

And then all we got was that puny voyager-class one.

• Like Like x 3
  8. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    THIS VIDEO RIGHT HERE is the exact transformation the MPM04 has and the one that TakaraTomy is calling the "correct animated version" (animated meaning 3D) this one the highway in 2007 one which is the same generally. I just wanted to point that out to yall and mention also there are other transformations where the back of the hood hull is the abs. Anyway @Actar.what do you think bro?

@Seth Sunthay noticed as well ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out!

News Credits:
    Just catching up with the thread, and saw this post.

I was the "some guy" who posted the Barricade story that got front-paged.

Just to clarify, this has nothing to do with wishlists. Amazon Spain had MPM Barricade up for pre-order. I pre-ordered. They emailed me saying they'd cancelled the pre-order, and that the item was no longer available for sale. That was all.

In all likelihood it was just a matter of Amazon jumping the gun and putting the listing up before they were supposed to, and then realising their mistake and taking it off sale. I never said (or even hinted) that the figure may go unreleased.

I think it's just a case that the news crew (who are all lovely guys and do a great job!) misinterpreted my original post. It certainly wasn't my intention to be a scaremonger!!!

By the way, the reason I didn't mention Bee or Prime in that previous post was because those are TRU exclusives in the West, whereas Barricade is supposedly an Amazon exclusive. I'm not sure any of the European or North American Amazons will be carrying Bee or Prime (oustide of third party sellers, that is).

10. Caminus Prime

Caminus Prime Banned

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I'm sure its engineered to be a leader class, impressive though. I do suspect the Hastak MPM to be 100 times more better and accurate, especially on the neck and with arm cannon Screenshot_2017-06-18-12-58-27.png BuffaloMPVDecepticon.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    That's second one ain't bonecrusher, so I wouldn't count on it.

• Like Like x 2
  12. BLNadal

BLNadal Space Monkey

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    voilà!
    TF Dream Factory Megatron (DOTM)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  13. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The second is scrapper.

IMO: i seriously do not think takata can design a better "brokem bones" than Dream Factory.

But if they do, fuck my wallet and everything else.

He also said that Takara is going to broke and jazz won't be a reality.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Megatron118

News Credits:
    Takara is going broke?

15. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah and hasbro is the devil and wants to buy disney and my family.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Megatron118

News Credits:
    Damn ur uncle = savage

• Like Like x 1
  17. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    I'm guessing Megatron &/or Ironhide will be next. IF ANY. I still think these are costing more to produce then the regular G1 masterpieces, it looks like they are using better materials and doing things like not using faux parts (which has to involve more engineering I'm sure). & to match the asthetic.it may be a year or 2 before they release the next one/batch. But GOD I HOPE NOT lol! And YES Ratchet will be awesome. Speculation only but I'm thinking they will get the 5 Autobots done 1st b4 Megatron, IF he's not after Barricade. Doesn't japan favor Autobots/Cybertrons anyway at retail?

The fins on his cheeks are there just not painted all the way down. Also your comparing a picture that is strait on, the aforementioned CGI pic with the "longer helmet parts above his eyes, to a pic of the toy from a looking semi up p.o.v. so that piece is gonna look smaller at that angle anyway. I'm not seeing any faults in the head/face mold itself, just some paint issues slightly in the wrong places.

HI agaun friend, how's it going. My 2 cents. If your looking to put electronics in at least atm we KNOW that the Premium APS or any of the Leader Class molds will hold the electronics inside the head from other customizers. However since MPM04 isn't out yet & coupled that with the fact he has 2 HEADS inside that helmet for the faceplate change gimmick that it might be more tricky or very difficult. Also I'm not sure if your aware but the Masterpiece Movie Optimus Prime is a completely different mold then the original Leader. PM me if you have any questions like earlier in the year or your welcome to ask here as well. Hope thar helps somewhat

• Like Like x 1
  18. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The ROTF and DOTM Deluxes both came really close in different ways to capturing a near-perfect Ratchet. I love the original Voyager even if he's far too hefty. A MPM Ratchet would probably do well to take most of its inspiration from the Deluxes, but have a more detailed transformation available at the larger scale to improve the look. Would love to see it happen!

I'm torn on Starscream because the ROTF Leader is just so close to being perfect (although, that's what we all said about Optimus). I guess the improvements would be finally getting the jet boosters on the back, and maybe slimming down the jet undercarriage.

• Like Like x 1
  19. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Seth's uncle is a true savage :p 

• Like Like x 1
  20. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Here is my guess on the order, assuming we get all movie one bots (and I really hope we do).

1. Bumblebee
    2. Optimus Prime
    3. Barricade with Frenzy (I mean, come on, he HAS to come with Frenzy, right? Ideally integrated into the car mode somehow)
    4. Megatron
    5. Jazz
    6. Starscream
    7. Blackout with Scorponok (again, integrated into vehical mode)
    8. Ironhide
    9. Brawl
    10. Bonecrusher
    11. Ratchet

I like them doing things in themes. Scout, leader, lieutenants, weapons experts and then Ratchet (I don't recall any of the movie one Cons being a Ratchet equivalent). I could see maybe Starscream being four with Megatron being last. But this is my guess.

• Like Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.