first look at MP Rodimus Convoy

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by S250, Jul 29, 2010.

1. garibaldiprime

garibaldiprime Banned

This looks awesome!

I cant beleive "fans" are complaining about this. They whine about the movies and other new toys not being "g1" enough (aka a constant re-hash of the same old shit) but then when we actually get something that is a true homage to G1 they still complain!

Unbelievable.

Cant wait for this personally, finally an MP i actually want (mp Grimlock never interested me).

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    That's actually pretty cool looking, and I'm not even a big Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime fan, tbh. The trailer seems a bit large, but at least it does something. Don't think I'll get him, but who knows, Hasbro's eventual release of it might be enticing enough to get. Though I still think they should have gone with his pre-Prime design. In a perfect world it would have been really cool if they could have designed the figure so they could release it as Hot Rod, and then add the trailer and larger gun to make the second release of it Rodimus Prime (kinda like a MP scaled, officially made version of the armor being made to fit on Classics Rodimus).

3. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    I could swear that's what all the Masterpieces are.

4. thedreaded1

thedreaded1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't believe all the complaining on all the complaining. Pot calling kettle. 

5. Mr Grimm

Mr Grimm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Could do with seeing clearer pics of the robot before making my mind up, but that's a huge-ass gun he's got!

6. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

That's what I was thinking. It looks like Rodimus to me. I'm sure once we see one painted a lot of people will be changing their tune.

7. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^^This.

8. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime Until all are one!

News Credits:
    Very cool..... we need to see the bigger pictures lol. That's a big rifle gun for Rodimus Convoy. I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.... :D  It's interesting that the legs are part of the lower trailer, thanks to the people that pointed that out. Matrix anybody?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  9. Demonss

Demonss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You forget movie starscream!!

But yeah I'm in the same train of thought as you...

10. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    No shit. Some people don't like him while some do. Oh no, what a surprise that people have varying opinions.

Should I whine about the people that like him?

11. feral prime

feral prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dont care what comes out..I am a huge Rodimus fan so either version is fine with me..:) 
    and I am hoping that he has a chest that opens up to hold the MP matrix in it and still have that blue light coming from within just like MP Prime

12. Demonss

News Credits:

In all fairness.. Would you be happy if Optimus Prime's trailer was integrated into his transformation? I think it'd look kinda silly.. and again.. Mp prime's trailer is a redo of G1 Prime's trailer.
    The extra armor is an interesting idea, but not representative of Rodimus Prime. Same as the trailer transforming with the bot.

Hence why people want more than the titanium figure.

As for the "extra" stuff you don't know it won't have extra stuff.. It's still a prototype..
    Maybe he has his little Dr. Arkeville equivalent or a fishing rod or something.

Again the prototype is not necessarily representative of the final product.

I want a better MP matrix that slides apart too.. :p 
    I'm greedy

13. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While this is pure speculation (and given what little we have to go on, almost EVERYTHING that is said falls into that category), I think that Rodimus Prime will be around the same height as the MP Seekers & MP Grimlock.

Reason I make that assumption? The BBTS preorder has a preliminary price of $200 listed for it, but that price "...will likely go down once the official retail price is disclosed".

MP Prime with trailer (aka MP-04) usually retailed for $250-275. So if Rodimus was the same size as MP Prime, there's no way that this would be under $200.

14. Viper_486

Viper_486 Cobraaa!

Wait, this all looks too good.
    I know what is gonna happen...
    Takomy is gonna get this sculpt ready for production, and at very the last minute hire some big name designer to come in and completely redesign (butcher) it so it has a 'better vehicle mode', while completely slaughtering the characters bot mode, just so they can put a sticker on the box praising the guy's genius at destroying a classic character, right?

15. Daytonus

Daytonus Member

I got excited and had to 'shop some colors on him:

[​IMG]

16. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What kind of weird parallel universe are you living in? Waiting for Hasbro =/= "bitching."

I don't wait 1-2 years, then hunt for a toy in various stores and online outlets, and then drop $50-$70 on it if I don't think it's hot fucking shit.

Not choosing to import something for $150+ to absolutely make sure that you're among the first who get it is not some sort of negative comment on the quality on the toy! If it wasn't quality I WOULD NOT BUY IT.

Now back to the subject of the thread...

This obviously looks very cool and is giving a lot of people what they want. I'm totally rubbish at looking at pics of this nature and figuring out the transformation. Suffice it to say, the gun-packing trailer isn't very interesting to me because I grew up with the character, not the toy. However, a "triple-changing" Hot Rod-Rodimus conversion? Very interesting indeed!

In my perfect universe we'd have an RP the size of Grimlock, but I could do with a Hot Rod around that size and a bigger RP. I just hope that I don't wind up paying for a "gun-trailer" and stowing it somewhere, but it's way too early to say.

The nice thing is that we Hot Rod fans have a choice. We can wait as more pics roll in of both and make a decision between FansProject's Protector armor and this set. (Or some of you will no doubt get both, but I sure won't.)

I suspect that the Protector armor may be more up my alley in terms of its nature...making the trailer into armor is just plain cool to me. However, MP Rodimus will look more true to the cartoon, no doubt.

I'll make a decision when color, quality pics start rolling in for both products. :) 

17. Demonss

News Credits:
    You mean like half the people here complaining about how it looks too g1?

18. G1Jetfire

G1Jetfire Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Not as excited as before but still interested.

19. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

i'm still excited and can't wait to see more detailed pics later. just a couple things though, his gun seems too big for him and also the back of the trailer sticking out like that looks bad. g1 rodimus didn't have that problem did he? i can't check mine right now and don't remember.

20. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime Until all are one!

News Credits:
    I'm not sure about that. Because when I bought the MP-4 Optimus Convoy with the trailer at BBTS when it was first released awhile back it was $200($199.99). As for the size I'm hoping that the price of Rodimus Convoy would be indicative of the size of the toy maybe slightly shorter than OP, but that may not be the case. Still crossing my fingers he would be much taller than Grimlock or the seekers.

Also, as I look close to the riffe gun Rodimus Convoy is holding it seems like the barrel of the rifle retracts back. You should be able to put it in the back of the trailer but that double barreled gun takes a lot of space....

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010