First look at Kingdom Rodimus

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Daimao, Mar 3, 2021.

1. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    I can understand some fans thinking this isn't worth $80 just from looking at it but look closer and with an educated, objective pov and you'll see some things.

Just based on looks, I see alot of parts separation, many parts, looks like double jointed knees and elbows, looks like the most articulated hands ever seen on a regular release TF Gen figure, that trailer is also quite big to have a Prime-ish sized figure in the middle like that but still having some room. There also appears to be pins and hindges unused so there could be some fold out parts besides the air lock ramp. The plastic on that trailer may be quite thick and that cannon looks very sizable, all in all id say its the best Rodimus Prime to date and I can't wait to own it, ill admit though, I was expecting more, more weapons, some armor, a shield, painted rims, a little buddy like Roller but we are getting a great product here and there may be more to it than meets the eye

• Like Like x 5
  2. ZeroBG82

ZeroBG82 Well-Known Member

I'm torn. On the one hand, that robot mode is absolutely glorious, and the headsculpt looks fantastic. Best Rodimus Prime bot ever, hands down.

On the other hand, the trailer is super simple. And HUGE. That's a lot of wasted plastic to store away. Which wouldn't be so bad if I wanted him in vehicle mode a lot, but the Winnebago mode looks like complete crap on these pics. The cabin sits way, way too far out in front.

Now, I'll allow that it looks like there is a slim possibility that this is mistransformed, that the spoiler can shift forward and the car can sit further back in the trailer. But I really don't think that's the case. It looks like this is what we're getting.

It's just too expensive to be such a piece of crap. But I want the robot! Grrr. Do I hold out hope for a trailer free release of just the car/bot? Or do I pass on one of my favorite characters because HasTak decided to phone one in on half the project? Or do I just suck it up and overpay because the bot is that good?

I must think on this.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

Exactly. I have never been a fan of Sky Lynx, and hated the fact that he took up ERs Commander spot. Guess what I did? I never bought him and moved on with my life.

• Like Like x 8
  4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Wait a minute.

Wait a fucking minute.

Fucking ZOOM and ENHANCE that first pic:

Now I may be a blind idiot with a fat fucking ass, but to me it looks like the outside of the front wheels are actually moulded to the arms and painted glossy black, and then separate spinning black plastic wheels are behind them. Look at the edge between the black and red, and how there's a little ring of shine, like the edge of paint.

I hope I'm wrong but wow if that's true.

EDIT: I'm even blinder and fatter in the ass than I thought. The wheel does spin, it's that inside piece that's stationary so it can slide "up" the arm for transformation, so the arms don't have protruding wheels, and the wheels can still reach the ground and spin in alt mode. Disregard this misinformative post.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 13
  5. Humpski

Humpski Well-Known Member

Damn. I don't like how far forward the car protrudes from the trailer... Prefer the more compact G1 look.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 13
  6. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He was it ever confirmed he had a Matrix Chamber?

7. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Not shown yet but listed in the Amiami product description

8. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  9. TickTockGoesTheClock

TickTockGoesTheClock Dōmo arigatō, Mr Roboto.

News Credits:
    I'm on the opposite side, ive had nothing but issues from the few figures with wheels like that. Though good spot!

10. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    I mean, he looks really good. Does he look "$80 for a mainline release" good? probably not.
    But overall I actually am liking the execution much more then the SS86 Hot Rod. Loving that they made him a stand alone vehicle as well as the combined space Winnebago.

Honestly, this is what I'd expect to get from a $50 leader. Maybe that's not realistic in today's Hasbro logic, but it wassn't all that long ago a $40 leader came with much more then is on display here so far. (not to mention likely having lights and sounds... not that I want that, just sayin')
    I'd at least expect pinned wheels and painted rims for my $80. And no UHPS on the fin in robot mode, that's the only thing that's looking terrible.
    on one hand I think you might be right, because then the back wheel of the car looks like it would line up with the front wheel of the "trailer", but then I look out how the wing is sitting in groove of the trailer... unless it can slide forward or something

11. DoctorWho

DoctorWho Knight Automated Roving Robot

News Credits:
    It's in the product description in the Ami Ami link.

EDIT:
    Screenshot_2021-03-09-16-56-30-0348102209.png

I think we all know that the $80 budget went straight into that instruction sheet, amirite?

• Like Like x 8
  12. Gastrotrain

Gastrotrain Well-Known Member

The front wheel is in different positions in pic of the cab on its own and the pic where it's attached to the trailer.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

I don't think so. I believe that the tread mark parts are separate pieces on either side of a flat wheel.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

also...

reprolabelsrodimus.jpg

• Like Like x 17
  15. RickyLeeSTF

RickyLeeSTF Copper Age Collector

News Credits:
    I love it.

The vehicle mode is definitely mistransformed. You should be able to set the cab further back and the spoiler should either shift or tab up higher over the canopy. You can even see the tabs on the side of the cab that are meant to tab into the sides of the trailer when it's combined. The rear tires of the cab should align with the front wheels of the trailer for the correct G1 six wheeler look.

Also, I love we're getting a Rodimus that can do his iconic "end of the road" point.

• Like Like x 11
  16. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Congratulations on your scientific discovery of the pickiest of nits.

• Like Like x 14
  17. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
    Oh son of a bitc.............

I think that is what they did. Look at the back wheel that width isn't quite as thick as the front. Kind of okay with that given how it looks in robot mode......still weird though.

18. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Banned

News Credits:
    My guess is the fin at least comes off, and slides in to that spot on the trailer. Then the rest of the cab slots further back.

It's the simplest solution and would reduce the need for an armature just to move the fin on the cab to a different position.

But I think you're right. It's not slotted in correctly in that pic.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Duke spino

Duke spino Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Just want to make a point on that legends comment. The 60 dollar legends galvatron has a similar partscount to mp bluestreak. And if one man army (30) is slightly less partscount than a voyager

I won't be able to convince you probably, but there's something to be said that it's not size, its partscount and how you use it. I couldn't justify the 60 one so I didn't buy it

Again rodimus looks good, but did we really need ten effect peices and extremely articulated fingers and a one off sword? Feel like we could've gotten more for those peoces instead

• Like Like x 2
  20. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's...that's not how this works at all. Wow.

The only legitimate excuse for those is the cost of production. They're much smaller runs than Has/Tak offer. You end up saving money producing in bulk and selling them off at MSRP, whereas a 3rd party can only produce so much (a much, much smaller production run) and hit a certain price point because most of them don't own their own factories and actually have to pay to get a slot for manufacturing time and they're made in a way that appeals to adults, whereas Has/Tak has to cater to children. That said, I get the point you're making. It does seem a bit odd that people can't see why this is worth $80.00 and why some of us are glad to pay it.

• Like Like x 5