First look at Kingdom Rodimus

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Daimao, Mar 3, 2021.

1. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    You may need to read my post again.

2. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I did, you said the op simply wondered how big the figure would be and gave the implication that they didn't refer to the price point as being a certain size (sorry if this is a misinterpretation of your words). I was merely pointing out that they did refer to the price point as being a certain size and that's why Dechande said what they said. Not looking to get into an argument or anything, but the "correction" was made in probably the most appropriate way possible. Those of us that followed up on the comment weren't even really taking part in the correction and more going forward with the price point doesn't equal size conversation in general.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Memph99Q4Ev

Memph99Q4Ev Well-Known Member

Now YOU know that's not the "Hate Culture" mantra!!!

"Never Satisfied; Always Vigilant. Everything Sucks."

And I thought people wanted a new Rodimus.

You have to laugh at it though; I personally started to imagine the entire culture as a bad Yo Samdy Sam impression. Keeps me laughing.

"People gettin' happie an' spendin' moneh agiiin!!! Let's tawk bad about'em! Deez appoligizers really burn mah britches!!!"

"Dey just announced ah' new Batmahn movie; hurreh up an' crap own'it on the Rotten Tomatus! Well, who cares if it hasn't even been casted! I'll be dahhhmned if I watch annuder reboot, let's work togethur an' cancel dat sheeit!!!

...den we'll have a long discustion about the reboot dey SHOULD make."

Ahhhh, social media hate culture. Gotta love it.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  5. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  6. stucksomewhere

stucksomewhere Well-Known Member

SS86's Alt mode looks almost as good as MP Hot Rod and actually rolls. I don't have MP Rodimus (yet! Speaking of which, anybody trying to offload one at a not insane price?) so I can't really speak to that. I think for most collectors, alt mode is secondary anyway. If MP Hot Rod had a bot mode on par with SS86, It would rank much higher on my list of Rodimii. With the quality of SS 86 and WFC being what it is, I have high hopes for this Rodimus.

That would be a nice piece of engineering. Fingers crossed!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Memph99Q4Ev

Memph99Q4Ev Well-Known Member

Wow, "reason". Thank you!

For the record though, I'll spell it out a bit more...

I'm sure the character Rodumus won't be any taller than Prime or UltraMag. I'm curious as to how much will be included with this fig when referring to size (for example, MP44 with numerous items included was something I considered a big release). I'm pretty sure it won't just be a leader class with a fat price tag. *Wooooo Saaaahhh*

Hopefully that helps; I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

• Like Like x 7
  8. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible TFW2005 Supporter

Even then people also conflate size with height as opposed to mass, and if one character is shorter than another, it's not a reflection of the character but how cheap Hasbro is. I never see Star Wars fans complain that Yoda and R2 cost as much as Chewbacca.

I'm also amazed at those who cannot see the difference in complexity between a Legends/Core figure like Vertebreak and a small Deluxe like Cliffjumper.

It's just a "height is everything" mindset that most humans outgrow between the ages of 7-11.

• Like Like x 23
  9. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This in a nutshell

• Like Like x 12
  10. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

I'll be fine with whatever's in the box to justify the price. Most of the time it's either made perfect sense or at least felt fair. Sometimes the main toy had extras like working hands or a dedicated matrix chamber absorbing some value, but I'm sure it'll balance out.

• Like Like x 7
  11. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible TFW2005 Supporter

I think perhaps one issue may simply be that a lot of us, and I am including myself, don't really care about trailers or miscellaneous accessories. I mean, I would be bummed if I got a G1 Rodimus that wasn't a Winnebago, but at the same time if I have limited shelf space, that trailer is usually the first thing that gets binned. There's certainly no shortage of MP collectors who complain about unnecessary accessories that drive up the price point of expensive figures. On some level what we care most about is the figure itself, and I think people are having trouble accepting that they are (in their eyes) paying for a $30 figure with $50 worth of accessories*. With Optimus, it was $30 for Prime and $20 for the trailer, and I suspect many collectors think that's how the cost should be distributed. I don't know if Transformers has ever offered a toy in which the accessories cost more than the figure (with the exception of power up armor, which fans see as part of the figure).

*I know Rodimus would cost more than $30 as a standalone figure, but people still perceive it as "voyager size" (cue chorus of "but it's a price point!").

• Like Like x 12
  12. KevinSig

KevinSig Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    I also just noticed the robot chests are different. Mostly in the collar area.

So there are changes, possible more than we notice but they are all subtle things

• Like Like x 1
  13. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Yoinkus

News Credits:
    You can't say rock candy because it's too blurry to tell what it's made out of!!! So I say it will for sure be made out bubblegum

This! A lot of people have no issues dishing out ridiculous extra amounts for mediocre stickers and breakable 3d printed extras. And then when Hasbro charges more and gives the same extras but better quality, people scream highway robbery!

You linked @Prime135's own earlier post in an attempt at evidence for your side of the argument. You're missing his point. They're not literally the same figure. He's saying they have a lot of shared engineering, and a voyager sized figure sharing engineering with a deluxe sized figure and getting charged so much more for it, is a raw deal. Its possible that they do have that much shared engineering, but it's just as possible that they're more different than they seem at first glance. It's too hard to tell for certain from this blurry picture. If it is a case of shared engineering, I don't personally agree with him, but I see his point of view

• Like Like x 9
  14. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    I hear you. As someone for whom the primary enjoyment is derived from posing the figures in bot mode on my shelf, I'm kinda 'give a fuck' about a battle platform with a tray for all the knick knacks I also don't give a fuck about. And that's fine. If I don't think it's something that will be worthwhile purchase then I'll not buy it. I really like Rodimus from one fuzzy photo I've seen, but I may still pass on him. If I feel that the figure is good, but that the package is in some fashion exploitative then I'll vote with my wallet, hoping that ion some way that message will be felt and the powers that be will course correct. Needless to say I'm not jumping to any conclusions until I actually see the full thing.

Where this thread has got...a bit much is where some are making the peculiar argument that those purchasing this are 'suckers', or suchlike. I'm at a complete loss to why it's deemed reasonable to comment on how others use their disposable income.

• Like Like x 13
  15. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So if it is a voyager sized bot I will get it. Actually I’ll ask my wife to get it for me for my birthday. If he is voyager I still see myself getting some stuff to add to the figure. 2 of dr wu talk hot rod guns. Probably a matrix workshop ion cannon. Probably a dr wu Star saber. If he is drastically larger than er Optimus I will pass

• Like Like x 1
  16. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime 1st Cybertronian Spectre of the Galactic Council

I hope not. I'd hate to see this same argument play out everytime a Commander Class (or even Leader) figure is released.

• Like Like x 2
  17. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    @people who got their panties in a bunch: Go on , keep it up. This is so entertaining. :lol 

Back to Kingdom Rodimus Prime: God that bot mode looks much better than all current previously released versions. Not too huffed about the price point or the size class issue. Bah. I've got money to burn anyways. ;) 

• Like Like x 9
  18. Smokie

Smokie Lil Ice NL

News Credits:
    Honestly it’s gotta be the best WFC Figure yet!!! I love it so much. These leaked images made me smile so hard last night. I was like damn!! Hasbro u did it again!!! They definitely know how to keep us around!!

• Like Like x 2
  19. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    But that's kinda the curse of WfC, no?

HasTak answered cries for screen accurate and scaled bots. So a Rodimus that *didn't* turn in to a space Winnebago would've run completely contrary to that.

At the same time, they deliver an update on the original G1 toy, which is the other thing the vocal collectors had been wanting.

Maybe down the road when Generations decouples itself from screen accuracy we'll get a Rodimus that integrated the Winnebago, but that's not what they're doing now.

• Like Like x 7
  20. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    It will be between a Voyager and Leader class sized toy. Perfectly in scale with the other 86 Studio series bots.

• Like Like x 8