First look at Kingdom Rodimus

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Daimao, Mar 3, 2021.

1. IronPrime2169

IronPrime2169 Supreme Leader of the Bluepremacy

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    This thread is a perfect example of why I hate image leaks of figures. To be clear, leaked listings and descriptions from credible leakers like @Apollux @Phamduc @Jtprime17 and @wreckgar39 are fine. They help build excitement and anticipation, while also leaving things vague enough so that bullshit like this thread doesn’t happen. We can plan what figures we will buy, skip and deliberate on, all without the droves of complaining, people complaining about complaining, mindless praise, people complaining about mindless praise, etc. Image leaks are always incomplete, low res, and taken on cameras that feel like they are from 2005. Plus, this is a stock photo, so it’s going to look even worse. I mean, whatever e-tailer unveiled it couldn’t wait one more week? No, they had to go chase some clout, ruin what seems to be one of the reveals that Hasbro was the most proud of, and just cause confusion. You guys really think all the repeated questions on this thread wouldn’t be answered by Hasbro’s official reveal? You know, the people who made this product, and who would have the most information and knowledge about it?

To recap once and for all:
    • Rodimus will be a voyager sized figure with lots of accessories, paint and an amazing trailer being sold at commander class. This is due to Hasbro realizing what happened with Leader class Earthrise/Kingdom Optimus Prime. With that figure, even at $50, the trailer was simply a box on wheels, and there were missing accessories and paint apps. Once people purchased add-ons for the trailer and reprolabels, the price came out to around $75. Hasbro saw this and thought “Hey, if it cost that much to get a proper version of the figure and trailer, and people are willing to buy it, what if we do that?” So instead of purchasing 3 items from different places that add up to around $75, you’re making a one time purchase for $80.
    • What makes up the extra price? The trailer is a huge factor. Rodimus’s trailer was already more complex than Optimus’s trailer. For the extra money, you will be getting a more complete trailer that forms it’s turret mode. You will also be getting improved engineering, better paint and a lot of accessories. This has been done best with Studio Series 86 Hot Rod and Earthrise/Kingdom Optimus Prime. The core figures were excellent and amazingly well engineered, and they were also well painted and came with a good amount of accessories. Kingdom Rodimus also doesn’t use a faux chest thanks to better engineering, which is something many people had an issue with on Hot Rod.
    3E4C0F74-EE32-4359-AA9A-ECDD57B331D3.png C5E2FAD7-0A05-4DF7-A7CE-C599A978A0E4.jpeg FFF88214-7D63-4790-8E79-18DA5687E434.jpeg
    • Hot Rod and Rodimus will obviously share some similarities in robot mode. As referenced in the three images below, Rodimus is literally bigger Hot Rod with a different head (sometimes with different colors but that’s due to the G1 cartoon). The vehicle mode is where differences arise.
    E13A8E67-DE1B-4D7F-8FCE-9CE8607FD2AF.jpeg 87A9308E-B79D-42E0-BEDE-D5B3F53D9796.jpeg CA574194-0771-45D3-BBAC-9BCF2785AF7C.jpeg

All in all, please just wait a week. You will see the trailer. You will see the accessories. Hasbro will respond to your concerns and complaints if you let them.

• Like Like x 29
  2. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    If you read the whole conversation, you'll see what we were discussing.

3. Ayleron

Ayleron Autobot Vanguard

Oh man a Titan Class Tidal Wave would be the first titan class must have for me. That would be AMAZING. Just thinking about how a whole new armada subline with new Micromansters would be awesome! I was originally hoping the rumored Titan Ark would be like a Weaponizer in that it like unfolds and parts forms into different play set areas and backgrounds.

• Like Like x 6
  4. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    If he's a Voyager sized figure with above and beyond engineering, that'd put him around $40 on those merits alone. So yeah, you really couldn't fit *that* cab in a Leader box without really cheaping out on the trailer.

So the question is can they get to an extra $40 with what's left? A $30 trailer and $10 in accessories could do it. And we already know he's got that sword and a Matrix. Targetmasters were $7 during S/ER, so there's your sword and Matrix if he has both.

A $30 trailer seems very doable given it's going to have the basemode and that gun turret. Add paint on top and voila.

• Like Like x 8
  5. ssjgoku22

ssjgoku22 Well-Known Member

This is going to be super lame if Rodimus is Voyager sized and Hasbro is to charge a Commander class price for it. Just make the damn figure a leader class and save the Commander class for a different figure. Jetfire and Skylynx made sense as Commander class figures because in the show, they were huge. Typical Hasbro milking their fans

• Like Like x 3
  6. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Still too early to say since we’ve yet to see the trailer.

• Like Like x 5
  7. ssjgoku22

ssjgoku22 Well-Known Member

Still, if the figure is Voyager class, does that mean the trailer is going to be stupidly big?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Prime135

Prime135 Jill Rhyme the science Prime

News Credits:
    Always a mistake lmao

• Like Like x 1
  9. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    Let's assume Rodimus was just a retooled Hot Rod. That's already a $30 figure. That'd be a shitty trailer for $20.

• Like Like x 6
  10. decepticonaiden

decepticonaiden Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    PFFFFFTTT

• Like Like x 3
  11. HAL237

HAL237 Star Saber Backer #1

News Credits:
    Doesn’t look like it to me. And if they are, they def aren’t accurate to the movie/cartoon. They should be silver.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Yuuki

Yuuki Cuteness is the right of all sentient beings

Who knows then? I know that was allegedly the reason given for the series being unreleased on DVD and Blu-ray, maybe those were special cases? Sky Byte could've also been a loophole since it was designed off of an original Beast Wars figure unassociated with the studio or distributors. Same goes for the UW Takara Mall exclusive Baldigus, and the repaints of the Laser Optimus molds into Black Convoy since those both utilized pre-made designs. God Fire Convoy is our only real original outlier here, and that could have required legal hoops to jump through to get that reissue.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Not necessarily but it should include enough gimmicks and be designed well enough to justify an $80 MSRP. Price hasn’t necessarily been a clear indication of physical size in the WFC trilogy. That remains to be seen if it will so the key word right now is “should”.

• Like Like x 3
  14. realwhz

realwhz Well-Known Member

I actually don't expect screen accurate (to 1986 movie) Rodimus. I would like to have something "new" like SG/ER Optimus which is not 100% screen accurate but definitely recognizable by anyone.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Prime135

Prime135 Jill Rhyme the science Prime

News Credits:
    eeeeeeh....again debatable, you don't have to spend nearly the R&D time on a figure when the engineering is mostly lifted from somewhere else, that cuts costs considerably. Honestly I miss the days when we had like 5 size classes that were relatively close together (ie not counting titan) so characters could be where they really fit, rather than having to be slotted into a too large or too small box.

16. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Exactly. I'm not sure why people aren't willing to even entertain the possibility that this is a Voyager Class figure with a trailer like Optimus was. Just because he looks like Hot Rod (which is the point since they're the same guy, one's just older due to an instant influx of wisdom...) doesn't mean it's a reuse of the Hot Rod mold. Maybe reusing molded details (blown up) and transformation scheme, but new parts that are bigger than the previous Hot Rod toy.

Hot Rod is sold as a Voyager due to his parts count (including his accessories) and his extensive paint apps, but we all know he's a Deluxe. This Rodimus will be a true Voyager, with a much higher parts count and better paint apps, plus accessories and a trailer. He'll be Commander Class-worthy when it's all said and done. This will not be a Deluxe shoved into a shoebox on wheels, they're going to make this a brand new mold from the ground up. A larger one.

• Like Like x 7
  17. Sness

Sness Autobot Supreme Commander

News Credits:
    If they released it as a leader I'd expect the trailer to look something like this
    sketch-1614801314448.png

• Like Like x 16
  18. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This has been my favorite development in the toyline in a long time. Everyone get on the "value is not measured with a ruler" train.

• Like Like x 10
  19. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    @Phamduc have you seen or handled Kingdom Rodimus and if so, what do you think about it?

• Like Like x 4
  20. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Being on Facebook, you mean? If so, I agree.

• Like Like x 8