First look at Kingdom Rodimus

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Daimao, Mar 3, 2021.

1. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Average Core Gundam enjoyer

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 4
  2. GodParticle

GodParticle Well-Known Member

Ah, I thought it was some upgrade kit. Looks good

3. Dome Zero

Dome Zero Every place reminds you of someplace else.

I agree. One thing that doesn't come across well in photos is that the trailer is elongated relative to the original design, too. The proportions are pleasing when you see it in real life.

What also becomes clear is that the cab often wasn't pushed back in as far as it could go in many of the photos, even official ones. In a lot of them you can actually see that the cab can slide back in at least a quarter-inch farther. The tell is if there's a gap between the spoiler and the trailer. They can and should be flush. I had the toy for almost a week before I realized...!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Reinokarite

Reinokarite Average Rodimus Prime enjoyer

I don't know if this is offtopic, but what Galvatron would be the best size match for this Rodimus Prime? Aside from Kingdom Galvatron wich I think is tad too big.

5. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    90 dollars

6. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    Retail price is 14300 yen or $129

7. GuardianMonkey

GuardianMonkey Well-Known Member

What's the best way to get all of his accessories packed into the trailer? There are multiple compartments and tons of pegholes but the instructions woefully neglect how to actually use all of these things! The black (ugh) exhaust pieces and Matrix blast all fit perfectly and purposely in the under-box, with the sword fitting into a peghole, I can't figure where the rest go.

8. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    Wow. Just found him on Amiami for the 30% off price. Bought

• Like Like x 1
  9. BairdimusPrime

BairdimusPrime youtube.com/billythekidsnobullshittoyreviews

News Credits:
    I was on the fence about him, his size and price were really not worth it to me going by the pictures. Once I got him in hand I still was on the fence HOWEVER Robot mode completely changed my opinion on him and I couldn't be happier with the purchase

• Like Like x 5
  10. mirarage

mirarage Agent of Primus

News Credits:
    The robot mode is so worth the price.
    Articulation is superb.
    No hollow sections.
    There's a real weight to him.
    Held together with screws instead of just pins.
    A face sculpt that imparts the wisdom &:experience gained from the matrix.
    A proper & complex transformation that both satisfied & challenges.
    The issues with rodimus ultimately stand with the trailer.
    It's a necessary evil.
    He's not really rodimus without it.
    But since most will keep rodimus in robot mode, the trailer is reduced to storage.
    Storing extras within and then storing the trailer somewhere.
    Still, the whole package rates an 9 out of 10 in my book.
    Very glad I bought.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, its Tamiya X-6 Orange. 100% if finished over by or mixed with the x-22 clear. 3 very light coats of the orange using an ultra fine brush or nib then same approach with the clear coat if doing in 2 part.

If the paint is still sufficiently orange as dinged not chipped / scratched to the base layer, the clear coat will drop fill and no need to touch up with a colour

Advantage of the x series paint is you can clean off with water and a cotton bud for c10-20 mins from application if you mess up. Assuming a sensible room temp. If very hot/dry then you may only have a couple of mins.

If you use their new lacquer paint series you have to use an agent / alcohol derived cleaner that damages the other paint.

[​IMG]

Here is the spoiler area I touched up for someone using the x-6 and x-22. You can't see the repair (bottom area near the waist and top near the head) and its the same orange as the other areas.

[​IMG]

The yellow is a bit more tricky for reference. It is somewhere between Tamiya X-8 and XF-3 and with a very small amount of the x-6 orange mixed in.

It is easy enough to get a good match if there are only very fine scratches in the yellow to repair where you can use the x-22 lacquer to blend.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I don't understand why more people don't have him using the turret on it. It looks so cool and is the big thing that separates his trailer from Optimus'.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    Like I said. I bought him for the Amiami 30% discount. He will arrive on Tuesday. Being a cheapskate paid off versus paying the standard 14,300 yen or $129.81

4BCDB47E-964D-45F9-B618-D38B5CE094B1.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  14. GodParticle

GodParticle Well-Known Member

Thanks. It was chipped down to the black or whatever it is underneath. It doesn't have to be an exact match...just better than looking at those dark spots

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I hate FedEx so much right now. I literally had two packages ship from BBTS at the same time, but the other one arrived today, while Roddy won't be here until tomorrow or Sunday.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Look what arrived to Phantom stores here in Peru.

20210826_143925.jpg

Is without a doubt a great looking figure. Sure there are parts that should have been better treated like the rims that don't have any paint for some inexplicable reason (and no, this is not "unpaintable plastic" as some people said early on since many others have painted the wheels already) but still, there's a good distribution of paint in every other part of the vehicle and especially the trailer.

20210827_153548.jpg

Speaking of the trailer, is lights beyond the one Earthrise Optimus has. You just need to have the trailer in your hands to realize it's weight and density, the many extra parts and storage sections makes it a much more premium product instead of a simple box.

20210827_153304.jpg

And that's without even mentioning the cannon. I was surprised by this thing in many ways. I would have expected it to have some ports above or below the turrets to put Rodimus' gun but sadly, it doesn't have them and it's such an easy thing to do that it's omission is really weird. However, it has other positives that I really wasn't expexting like the fact that it can be mounted on Rodimus' back which gives it much more playability. I could easily see Third Parties charging almost $30 for something like this.

20210826_150632.jpg

And of course, the robot mode is the big attraction of this set. Yes, it has some similar engineering to SS86 Hot Rod but it just adds much more complexity and makes it a way more involved Transformer (Hell, even the wheels transform, something that they really didn't need to do but hey is there).

20210826_151017.jpg

Even compared to previous winners like Earthrise Optimus, Kingdom Rodimus is simply the superior figure. It just has more articulation, parts and complexity. Mind you, I wish they would have added more ports to the arms or such to make it compatible with WFC weapons but it still doesn't ruin the fun.

20210826_151133.jpg

And of course, you just need to appreciate the details like the Matrix and such. I have some complaints with the overall product that could have been better implemented but it's still one of the best figures that I have gotten recently. This feels like Hasbro's attempt at competing with Third Party figures and while there are flaws, it's still a really solid foundation.

• Like Like x 9
  17. Convotron

Convotron Well-Known Member

It may sound silly but I like the fact that the trailer has an integrated storage tray underneath. It's a simple feature but something often lacking in trailer components.

• Like Like x 1
  18. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

Plus convienent

• Like Like x 1
  19. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I was so looking forward to him. Now in hand I'm pretty annoyed. Such an expensive figure and then the back leg covers don't lock in (I mean, they are at least designed to lock in, they just don't stay and, because they are loose as hell), and the chest piece does neither lock in, nor does it go in a position, where it should normally be. And in that position he doesn't have any head side to side articulation, as the collar piece gets in the way, because the chest piece can't sit flush. What the fuck? There's no step in the instructions I could have forgotten, nor are the pieces designed in a way, that there would be room. For that price I expect perfection. IMG_20210828_130242.jpg IMG_20210828_130236.jpg IMG_20210828_130214.jpg

Even if he would go for less, like 40 bucks or 30. I would be annoyed. Might sell him off again. Not worth it.

Edit:
    Found a way for the leg covers to click in and finally stay in. Please tell me there's a trick for the chest to sit flush as well. I hate the chest as it is right now.

Edit2:
    Wow, after 5 minutes of putting much force onto the chest, I crammed it in and it locks. Still, I think the figure might look good, but it doesn't feel worth it for the price tag. MP-28 cost way less and is a much better figure and more fun to handle. Didn't expect to be let down by this figure. Until I transformed it, I was pretty excited. Than it stopped. Even tho at first the transformation was intuitive at first. But such a flimsy figure. I would expect sturdy joints and painted rims at least for that price. And not putting so much force on these flimsy parts. When I stopped caring if I would break the figure, then it went into place. That does so not feel right having to handle a figure like that.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
  20. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    Check Emgo’s transformation video

• Like Like x 1