First look at Kingdom Rodimus

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Daimao, Mar 3, 2021.

1. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Because no matter what the perceived reaction is around here, everyone is still buying one.

• Like Like x 10
  2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Mine arrived today. Saying whether or not this guy is worth the asking price is tough. Not like things are getting cheaper, and things seem to go on sale less often.

All I know is that this is an awesome toy that does everything Rodimus Prime should (and a bit more) and doesn't feel lacking in any way except for the unpainted rims. I'm certainly glad we got an uncompromised Rodimus and I think he's really, really fun. Posing him on the battle sled at the gun with the effect parts looks really cool. Rodimus Prime is back and he's fucking pissed.

B0E96A08-50F1-480C-9A93-62A1FE442569.jpeg

• Like Like x 17
  3. daddytron

daddytron Your mom is an oversized CHUG

I’m happy with what I got. He’s a great figure. But I have been dying for a good Rodimus Prime. This one doesn’t fit into an MP shelf but other than scale it beats the brakes off of MP-9.

• Like Like x 2
  4. John TL

John TL Well-Known Member

I've seen it at my local Target twice in a span of 4 weeks. The first time they had 4. I passed on them, and they were gone the same night as I had to grab some milk. I saw two in stock yesterday, and I went to grab some produce and they were gone. People are buying it, so there is a demand.

• Like Like x 4
  5. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

I feel like the extra articulation and the number of accessories he has, along with the torrent gun makes him worth the asking price.

Anything beyond said asking price (aka scalpers) is a no. You might as well buy an mp figure for that amount lol.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well the kingdom Rodimus Prime qc lottery

I have 3 in front of me at the moment all from the same store.

2 x Serial/Production Stamp 11401 from instore batches. Both have Optimus as the golden disk card. Both have poor paint qc on the chest, spoiler and trailer. Plus poor paint qc on the swords.

1 x Serial/Production Stamp 11391 purchased from their online store. Dinobot as the golden disk card. Chest paint apps all good, trailer all good, sword all good. Very minor paint qc on spoiler.

There is a batch that has hairs trapped under the chest paint judging from owners photos too.

Examples from the ones with qc issues

Chests (scratches, dents, chips)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Exhaust (fingerprint / bubbles)

[​IMG]

Swords (blemishes / chips)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  7. 2fabdad

2fabdad Well-Known Member

Target great paint bad trailer
    BBTS Paint Qc pack pack won’t stay tabbed bad Trailer
    Walmart? Haven’t opened it yet.
    I’m sure this is going to be an ongoing hasbro issue as they crank out new movie toys at higher volumes.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
  8. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Stuff like paint blemishes has been an ongoing issue since forever really, I'm not expecting that to change new movie or no. You can treat it like a QC issue, but for mass produced retail products it is more of a fact of life that's never going to go away. The only frustrating thing now is that with guys like Rodimus you can't inspect the paint without opening the box.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I’ll see if I can find a way to order him and Shattered Glass Jetfire as package and wait til January to have them both sent out

10. Preach Starscream

Preach Starscream Well-Known Member

Having had him for about a week or so, he was totally worth the price for me. This is a fantastic figure. This is the Rodimus Prime I've wanted for 30 years.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I've only had Rodimus for a day but I like him a lot. Painted the rims and now he feels basically perfect. I echo the sentiment that he feels heavy for his size, almost like there is die-cast though I know there isn't.

• Like Like x 1
  12. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One of the issues with scrapes/dents on the front hood is caused by the packaging orienting things like this
    D31F5C8C-421B-479E-A754-BB6425E85B85.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  13. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    I have a slight caveat on your point where he was not compromised budget wise. He is very under painted.

The g1 toy and toon and ss86 hot rod all have colored rims that are totally missing here. Ss86 hot rod was sold in a higher price point just like this guy so that there would be no compromises. The trailer is missing many paint apps as well IMO.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    How much is he in Japan?

15. falderal

falderal Well-Known Member

It really feels like they compromised on the integration with the trailer to give him a cohesive alt mode without the trailer so they can sell just the robot by himself in a future release. Or the robot +matrix +effects +a battle master to fill out a leader class price point?

• Like Like x 1
  16. jignat

jignat Well-Known Member

I foresee the robot/sports car , matrix, gun, and sword being sold in a WM or Target exclusive line for $40 in the next 1-2 years.

17. falderal

falderal Well-Known Member

In the future, all the people that bought Rodimus now that don’t like the trailer can sell them to the people buying the trailerless repack that wish they had the original release.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    About $50 more. Arc is about another $130. It’s insane

• Like Like x 3
  19. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    I would wait for it to come down at Mandarake or something. At $80, I can see someone willingly buying it if they’ve been waiting for a fully articulated mainline Rodimus Prime figure since 1986. I think $60+ is reasonable, nostalgia aside. Objectively it has a lot going on with Rodimus alone and the trailer isn’t shortchanged with the main flaw being the doors being tricky to close flushly.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Convotron

Convotron Well-Known Member

I don't have Kingdom Rodimus Prime yet but the matter of the details I feel are missed has been a factor in me not rushing to buy the toy sooner.

I'm sure Rodimus is everything I would expect to want in a G1 toy of the character but at the end of the day, it appears to be Voyager with a decked out trailer and accessories but for the MSRP, I have to wonder why details such as paint apps for the rims had to be left out.

• Like Like x 3