First look at Kingdom Rodimus

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Daimao, Mar 3, 2021.

1. 2fabdad

2fabdad Well-Known Member

We will see if Rodimuses American release has a flaw. My guess bad paint.

2. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 Well-Known Member

No argument there, being a cold monocular killing machine. A Spock in a robot body is indeed an unnerving prospect but Spock too, due to his bi species heritage of Human and Vulcan had a much more superior intellect (kinda like the Hasbro Headmasters (not the JP version).

Shockwave ( and Prowl) on the other hand, can easily be overwhelmed with battlefield improvisation tactics aka, do the illogical things instead. That's where Megatron excels. So it's still an open argument if they would have won the war under Shockwave (in DWs version, it all fell apart in Cybertron under hi rule until he got hold of Scourge).

As a toy.........action figure etc, bar none, even better than the MP version on the greeble details and his extension parts to get around the no gun policy. Too bad he was overstocked(?) or not all the consumers appreciated him thus.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 2fabdad

He’s epic. Everything I’ve wanted in a rodimus Prime.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    What you're describing are just advances in engineering. There is no way an $80 toy with unpainted undetailed rims is saying "hey look what we can do with more money." That's just not accurate.

The robot mode looking good has never been a question. But TransFormers need to have 2 good modes to be whole. This isn't whole.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Fafnir72

More like a number crunching OCD accountant like Ratbat( if you read his stint in Budianski's Marvel TF, he kept on running up the bills on Trypticon's attack on the Ark.

If you read the recent translated interviews of the Takara GOD aka Hasui, it was always Hasbro that keeps on scrimping on the budget.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Monari

Monari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Again, it's kind of hard to explain until you get him in hand. It's the core robot that really pushes this guy up past the Leader class level, for all the reasons i've described. Add that to the big hunk of plastic that is the trailer and you can definitely tell that this is a Commander class figure.

SS Hot Rod is probably a good litmus test here. If you liked it, even though it was a deluxe-sized Voyager, then you'll love Rodimus. If you felt ripped off, then you'll probably not respond well to Rodimus either. That's likely a better gauge than anything I can say.

• Like Like x 4
  7. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    I haven't gotten him yet because he looks like a ripoff in the box. I held him once at a place that was charging $26, but I couldn't get past it wasn't that long ago that he'd have been a $15 figure.

again, like Rodimus, if the fit and finish were on point (mostly: more & better paint, finished alt modes) I could get behind 'em, but I find them a bitter pill to swallow as is.
    he looked SO TINY in that giant package. on no planet did he (or was he) anywhere near giving off a "$50 worth of value", in particular with how tiny that sub-voyager core figure was.
    (not to mention how idiotic his add-ons looked - what's cooler then a guy with one gun arm???? a guy with THREE GUN ARMS!!!" #ThatsNotHowItWorks)

8. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It might not be perfectly G1 accurate, but it's vehicle mode is fine

• Like Like x 3
  9. HAL237

HAL237 Star Saber Backer #3034

Siege Shockwave to this day fills me with frustration... had he been sold as just the base figure with maybe a handful of accessories, he would’ve been one of the best mainline voyagers ever. Instead, they forced in a bunch of useless add-on parts, and now he’s arguably one of the worst leaders in the whole WFC line.

Hasbro knew Shockwave was a very popular, sought-after character, and they screwed the fans over by forcing him into a leader slot. Given how he turned out to be a huge shelfwarmer, it seems like that decision backfired on them also.

• Like Like x 1
  10. 2fabdad

What’s Not whole about it? If the vehicle was Totally G1 accurate the Toy would be useless without the Trailer… to achieve a Robot with a Vehicle mode not dependent on the trailer and G1 accurate either the robot would suffer or the Price would be higher. Earthrise Optimus was a hybrid of Sunbow and Classics with a Crap trailer and people gush… for 30 more you get More plastic, Paint, Engineering and Working hinges. No matter what you do You just can’t please some people.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The Other Black Repaint

News Credits:
    He’s fantastic, price be damned.

• Like Like x 2
  12. HAL237

HAL237 Star Saber Backer #3034

The base figure is indeed fantastic, I’ll concur with you there.

The additional accessories that exist solely to artificially inflate his pricepoint, however? Not so much...

• Like Like x 4
  13. Aldo

Aldo Well-Known Member

I personally love the extra pieces. Love the fact that Shockwave has his own Goblin Glider. I personally can see him flying toward the battle field on something like that. The fact that it improves the Alt mode from a upside down “Not a gun” into a huge warship is awesome too. He also has light piping in both modes as well. I do agree that the prices are getting high, but that’s the natural progression of things. They’re going to eventually get more expensive as the materials and the labor get more expensive too.

• Like Like x 2
  14. The Philippine Soup guy

The Philippine Soup guy Well-Known Member

at least it's still like, 80 bucks instead of 450

• Like Like x 4
  15. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's not how that works.

He wouldn't have fit in Leader Class no matter what they cut, without major sacrifices to the base presentation.

The accessories just provide extra "incentive", to make the high price point seem more worth it.

• Like Like x 5
  16. The Philippine Soup guy

The Philippine Soup guy Well-Known Member

Getting this thing on my birthday's going to be equivalent to when I got that huge Animated Optimus Prime when I was like 3

• Like Like x 3
  17. Patrickab7

Patrickab7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No one is under any obligation to buy anything.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    $60 would’ve been the sweet spot to me.

19. Fafnir72

Blame Hasbro. They are the ones dictating the features as we all learned in the recent 2020 and 2021 Generations interviews of Hasui etal.

Reminds me of the goddess Durga. Maybe to get around the no gun policy?

Getting around the no gun policy. But, is he really that popular? Aside from us hardcore fans as opposed to the casual crowds? (the latter are the big spenders btw, not us)

• Like Like x 1
  20. 2fabdad

Shockwave is a big name that (thanks to the movie) keeps him in the top ten list of big bads. He didn’t sell because he was a voyager will gimmicks. Compared to what else(Magnus and Megatron) was available at the time people spend their money wisely. Had he been a Voyager he would have sold out quickly. I feel like they needed another leader to fill the line and added the kibbles(they don’t feel organic) to fill the price point.

On that note Rodimus is the opposite… a Commander class than can be repackaged later without the Trailer at a lower price/cost.

• Like Like x 1