First look at Kingdom Rodimus

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Daimao, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Scott_XIII

Scott_XIII Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd almost be tempted to buy a second just to attempt customisation to improve the alt mode.
    I share your frustration it's so close to being perfect, just needs to push that cab back further into the trailer.

2. Humpski

Humpski Well-Known Member

At least half of those people are going to buy him anyways.

• Like Like x 5
  3. cybeast

cybeast Not Spinister, But Punster

Kinda wonder, can Rodimus's rear wheel fold so it create an illusion of 6 wheel?

4. Monari

Monari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, visually it's frustrating, like you feel as though the cab needs to perpetually be pushed back. It's definitely not OCD friendly.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Alottamatteo

Alottamatteo Well-Known Member

I appreciate your level-headed criticism here. Rodimus is also my favorite character and I’m getting two copies as well, so I’m all in…but I agree with everything you’ve said in this post. Maybe the thought behind so much storage was to counter all the complaints about Earthrise OP having a major lack of it with his trailer? But who even knows with Hasbro? And at a Commander Class budget, I do wonder why they went for the tray instead of some kind of joint that would’ve allowed the car to slide further back into the trailer. Alas, such is the life of the Transformers collector.
    Can’t wait to get my copies!

• Like Like x 2
  6. cybeast

cybeast Not Spinister, But Punster

Damn that's sad :( 

7. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Will someone please get rid of that ugly black paint on the exhaust pipes blast effects to see if they're actually the same color as the rest?

8. Dogbomber

Dogbomber Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any work around to have the trailer closeup properly without a gap?

Without the black cannon inside, it has small gap.

With black cannon inside, no matter how I properly align it, the gap is wider and cannot be closed up.

9. Monari

Monari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For all the quibbles I have with the trailer, the robot itself is just unbelievable. Like, next level. I can't even describe how much articulation he has: the closest comparison I have is with one of the newer Robot Spirits Gundam figures, or a Marvel Legends figure, and those don't even transform! I don't think there's been any official Hasbro TF product that's come close to the articulation on this guy, and that includes MP's. The MMC Optus Plexus is the only one I can think of that beats it, and that's just because Rodimus doesn't have an ab joint.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I cannot express how much of a joy this figure is. After years and years of cost-cutting with hollow limbs, bolts instead of screws, poorly connected plastic joints, etc, Rodimus is just a step beyond, and is exactly what I want out of a TF figure. I can't put him down. I almost get the sense that, between him and Hot Rod, Hasbro is testing the waters a little, and showing us "Look what we can do with a bit more money". Affordability is absolutely an issue, especially with what looks to be some nasty inflation coming down the line this year, but for purely selfish, personal reasons, I'm happy to pay extra (and to be in a position where i'm able to do so) if it means more figures like this one.

• Like Like x 22
  10. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

Do you actually own some of the more recent MPs? Because they are crazy articulated and I find it really difficult to believe this figure beats those. I mean figures like MP Arcee, Hound or Prime V3? I guess I’ll find out when I get this guy but I don’t see how this could possibly surpass those figures.

Edit: Recent example of MP Arcee poses.

Masterpiece Arcee MP-51

11. Monari

Monari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah you know what, that's fair. I forgot about Arcee and Prime V3, which I also do have. Hound I will forever hate because his tire broke off on my first transformation of him, so he's been blocked from my active memory. So i'll amend myself by saying he's on par with those two MP's, but a hell of a lot cheaper AND with the added bonus of no exploding knees.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

Fair enough! :) 

I managed to return my Hound for a full refund and I actually made a tiny bit of money because of the timing of the currency exchange. So I’m not bitter. I’m just patiently waiting for a fixed reissue if that ever happens because I think with better plastic it would be one of the best MPs.

Back to Rodimus, I’m looking forward to getting this guy and Galvatron in hand. They both seem like really well done figures. And of course I wish Rodimus’ alt mode turned out a bit better, but I can live with it.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Jazz of Staniz

Jazz of Staniz Currently in one piece

To anyone who owns Rodimus, does the smoke effect work on Hot Rod and do Hot Rod’s pipe effects work on Rodimus?

14. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    thanks for all that - still like him, but none of that is making me feel any less like this is a $80 Voyager. What is it again that justifies pushing him up to Commander class? He seems like a WFC Leader with an ever-slightly-more complicated box to justify that extra $30, which is a tough pill to swallow... again, if the paint was more on point, the alt mode less wonky....

...I'll still get him, but, like Monari says, "it's just frustrating that it was so close to being perfect".

• Like Like x 5
  15. 2fabdad

2fabdad Well-Known Member

Holds Leader WFC Shockwave… Looks at Rodimus Prime pics… Holds Leader Galvatron… :drunk  it is what it Is.

• Like Like x 1
  16. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    it sure is... but I don't like it (Shockwave was an absolute embarrassment at the Leader Class price point, and judging from the mounds of them that used to be at every target, general consumers agreed). Gtimlock on the other hand felt worth, well, maybe not $50, but the old leader price point.

• Like Like x 3
  17. 2fabdad

Grimlock was missing his front teeth Galvatron was misassembled, It’s like hasbro has a psychologist running their marketing. “Don’t give them what they want they might not come back” shockwave was Too small…OCD

• Like Like x 3
  18. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't really want to but I had to laugh at this because it at least feels true.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 Well-Known Member

You also have to factor in, cool as Shockwave is, bad guys don't sell as well as the good guys. No problem for us collectors but casuals don't have the same mindset.

• Like Like x 4
  20. 2fabdad

Shockwave was the best villain in Marvel comics. TFPrime ran with it… If he had been in charge the autobots would have Lost. He’s still my favorite Seige Toy.

• Like Like x 3