First look at Kingdom Rodimus

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Daimao, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Humpski

Humpski Well-Known Member

Ugh... This thing is so near perfect that it makes the vehicle mode quibbles bug me that much more.

Flame Commander rocks.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2021
  2. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's in Malaysia. Hong Kong has him, too. If Galvatron's release pattern is any indication, we should be seeing Rodimus in the west very soon.

• Like Like x 4
  3. daddytron

daddytron Your mom is an oversized CHUG

He is really great. I love mine. I just wish there was an MP scale equivalent that looked and functioned this well. Once you fix his balance issue with a minute of sanding to his heels, he is damn near perfect.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    How good is this Rodimus at handling other weapons? I wanted to use the Battlemaster Rungs on him because of the connection they had in the IDW comics and because they colors complement each other.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lokimaru

Lokimaru Well-Known Member

And will you Do me a Favor? Lay off the Energon Goodies.

• Like Like x 4
  6. R3M1NGT0N

R3M1NGT0N Well-Known Member

I saw a post somehwere that said Target has this figure’s in store street date as sometime in June. Anyone remember the day?

7. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    I don’t recall seeing that but I did notice some Target stores have started to put Commander tags back on shelf.

• Like Like x 3
  8. R3M1NGT0N

R3M1NGT0N Well-Known Member

I noticed that too. I don’t remember what thread it was either, but I know the thread topic wasn’t about Rodimus in particular.

9. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    61A06487-20DE-4F1C-A9E7-E2265371B368.gif

• Like Like x 8
  10. 2fabdad

2fabdad Well-Known Member

He’s the Dollar General version of Rodimus Prime. He looks fun to mess around with. Not a fan of the Hing in the smoke stacks (gaps can be filled) and the backpack… Better than MP Rodimus.

11. 2fabdad

July 2 street date

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Hopefully July 2nd is true, I’d love to just walk into a Target and grab one off the shelf and ditch my BBTS preorder.

• Like Like x 1
  13. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The more I look at him the more I fall in love with the plastic color used. That orange is so... 'yummy' to look at. He is outside my budget but I hope to get to play with him soon when my friend gets him.

• Like Like x 2
  14. 2fabdad

I have 2 preordered and need to find #3 at retail. Watch Walmart get him first. F#<king scalpers

15. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's hard to tell from the pictures, but is Rodimus a darker shade of red?

• Like Like x 2
  16. Monari

Monari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Alright, while I really like this figure, I do have some quibbles with it, mainly with the trailer, which feels like a bit of a missed opportunity here and there. The ridiculous amount of 5mm ports are nice, but there isn't that much you can slot in there except for guns and random weaponizer/fossilizer parts. Maybe i'm not being creative enough. Still, I wish that it had more interactivity with the Micromasters and other smaller figures like the other Titans and Commander class figures do. I was so excited to see what was in the orange overhang in cab mode, but it's just...storage. It would have been nice if they could have included a computer screen or two in there, or done it in such a way that it could interact better with the other figures out there. As it is, it's just....storage.

[​IMG]

Speaking of storage, they really could have done something more with the slide-out tray. I get that this is a trailer and that trailers are meant to ship stuff, but it almost feels like the design team took the concept TOO literally. I don't recall any other TF figure in recent memory that has so much space for storage. To add insult to injury, it doesn't even lay flat on the ground properly.

[​IMG]

It could have really been anything. Maybe a clip on command center like what i'm mimicking in the first photo? Or a jet sled? Or Rodimus' own version of Roller? Anything but.....storage. I don't know, it just seems kind of lazy. I would have actually been fine sacrificing it if it meant we could push the cab into the trailer further to mimic the G1 alt-mode. I don't see any reason why the spoiler couldn't have slid forward to accommodate this.

[​IMG]

The ramp set-up is also so bizarre. The official pictures with it hanging off at an angle just do not seem well thought out, and then there are the black plumes of smoke for the trailer which just look ridiculous. Why they didn't go with orange plastic is a real head-scratcher. Paint on the hub caps would have been nice.

I adore this figure, I really do, it's just frustrating that it was so close to being perfect. I'm still buying three copies though, and i'll just keep an eye out for Toyhax and 3rd party upgrades.

• Like Like x 10
  17. Monari

Monari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It’s very slightly darker. Hard to tell in photos, sorry for the crappy camera:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  18. fanbase0000

fanbase0000 Well-Known Member

Is Rodimus Prime your favorite Transformers character? I'm curious why you are buying 3 copies of Rodimus Prime since he isn't an army builder. I can perfectly understand 2 copies of a figure for robot and alt-mode. Plus, Rodumus Prime being commander class, he isn't cheap.

• Like Like x 2
  19. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No matter how amazing a mold, I’ve never kept more than 1 of a mold. Still don’t understand the need to own more than 1 of the same figure. Especially when that same money can be put towards other figures.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
  20. Monari

Monari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes he is. Ever since I was a kid and got both him and Hot Rod as birthday gifts in the same year. You should have seen how much I raged when they made him a shitty deluxe in Energon instead of an Ultra class. So glad we finally have such a kick ass figure of him in the mainline at last. Now all we need is an MP 2.0 without exploding knees.

I’m also buying three in order to offset in some small way the people on here bitching about his price and saying he isn’t worth it. I figure every little bit helps, y’know.

• Like Like x 7