First look at Kingdom Rodimus

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Daimao, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Mardroid

Mardroid Well-Known Member

Nice review. Minor issues aside, I still like it a lot.

2. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yeah, have to agree here. The car does stick out a wee bit too far to look like a unified vehicle, but I've come to terms with it.
    To me it looks worth the price, and am quite excited to finally have a Rodimus on the shelf.

• Like Like x 8
  3. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

Paint it black and give him the stache now!

• Like Like x 3
  4. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    that's also still disappointing to me, especially when it just looks so clearly like the INTENT of the design was for it to sit farther back with the Car back wheels aligning with the "trailer" front wheels.

I don't know if I can agree the Evolution is better, 'cuz it's kind of gappy and "hodge podgey" looking (iirc the back end of it is completely open and shows off his fists just hanging out there), but the did nail the front end proportions better.
    (I really wanted to like the evolution Rodimus... it's a GREAT concept, but just felt to ham-strung by the POTP lines obvious cost-cutting)

• Like Like x 2
  5. tbx76

tbx76 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This figure looks amazing. Happy to spend more on articulation, paint, and engineering than "it's bigger so that means it worth it" ideology. This guy is slick and looks fantastic.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ricardo Dawkins

Ricardo Dawkins Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    @PrimeVsPrime Put up or shut up...
    the time has come.

compare it against the other two Commander class toys and weight all these hunk of plastics (accessories, parts, whatever).

do it!

Anyway I will wait with the popcorn for the emgo or optibotimus reviews. :-D

• Like Like x 3
  7. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    It looks pretty good, and it's cool to have a Rodimus roughly in Optimus' weight class... but it's still expensive and man, that face still looks too haggard to me. Maybe if he goes on sale and there is a face solution from a third party.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Haven’t watched the full video yet but that transformation is not what I was expecting at all, really impressed with this one. The size comparison with POTP Rodimus in vehicle mode was surprising too, I wasn’t expecting him to be bigger.

Nice to see this should finally silence the ‘it’s just an upscaled SS86’ crowd. It 100% is not and now we can all see it.

I do wonder though, you can collapse the rear wheels for the transformation, can you do that in the combined vehicle mode to hide the extra pair of wheels?

Please Hasbro, don’t make a Nemesis version of this. I don’t want to buy it twice.

Last edited: May 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  9. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I mean, this is just good Transformers advise in general.

• Like Like x 6
  10. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wooow. So at last we know how the shoulders get properly oriented. They are attached to armatures, which are in turn attached to a mushroom peg located internally above the waist, which itself rotates around, with that whole assembly being separate from the chest and back. Crazy. I knew something weird was happening there. Brilliant transformation.

Now my brain can finally stop wondering. That was slowly driving me mad day by day. :lol 

I love this thing. Fantastic review video too, wheel step notwithstanding.

• Like Like x 7
  11. Suboptimal Optimus

Suboptimal Optimus Burn it all down

Anyone got a comparison pic with TR Hot Rod?

12. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    He is much bigger than I thought he was now seeing him all trailered up next to the others. Still not seeing that commander price point but still a must-buy for me.

13. Patrickab7

Patrickab7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The mantle of leadership ages you.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    how sad is it that fans have stooped to putting toys on scales to justify their existence instead of just seeing something that they can just enjoy

• Like Like x 6
  15. PrimeVsPrime

PrimeVsPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So I haven’t tried myself just yet but I’m sure Bee & Cliff would. I’ll try some bigger ones later on & get back to you!

Wow well thanks for giving me the incentive to try it out! Yes it can! It looks super cool too! A2EC106B-6DAC-4432-8D8C-CB74E362D59B.jpeg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 38
  16. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You know what? I'll be that guy for a moment. It's very difficult to take your criticism of another's choice in collectibles seriously when you're not even using the correct word to do so. It's disproportionate. Unproportionate isn't really a word. It's like having a tree in your eye while worrying about the speck in others...

unpro.png

While I agree with you that Kingdom Rodimus is a superior figure due to its articulation, paint, sculpt, proportions, and scale... I'm not going to tear down someone's opinion because they prefer the POTP Rodimus. For a lot of people, having to restart their collection all over again because Has/Tak just randomly decided "OKAY, no more big Leaders after all these years. Let's shrink 'em all down!" really sucks. Some of us are able to roll with the punches, some aren't. There's nothing wrong with that. If you're going to critique them for it, make sure you're absolutely correct in doing so and do it right, at least.

I will agree, here. The Kingdom Rodimus mode is stretched out like they took the cartoon model and pulled it like a strand of taffy. It just looks odd in some angles... Shame they couldn't upsize the POTP Rodimus vehicle mode. (Not the actual details/looks, exactly, but the position of the cab to the trailer and all that...) Fortunately, everything else will make up for this shortcoming. Heck, in person, it might even look better in vehicle mode. Could be one of those things that just won't photograph well no matter how you try. (I'm sure it's still as awkward and weird in person, though.)

• Like Like x 13
  17. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime 1st Cybertronian Spectre of the Galactic Council

It's not so much that he's too short, his height is scaled nearly perfect. Galvatron's just so much bigger than he should be.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Ddg studios

Ddg studios Well-Known Member

sorry second language

edit: wasn’t trying to shit on his opinion but was just saying I didn’t understand his reasonings

• Like Like x 1
  19. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    me too. the robot mode and everything else looks great. jut a gripe but not enough to turn me off to the whole figure. it's got too much else i like to walk away from it.

if i can deal with knees sticking out of the rear of SS hot rod i can deal with this just fine.
    one of the pics is an underside shot and there's no room to do that.

maybe it was the original idea but there's no way it could happen now. which is a shame since if it did it would've been perfect imo.

20. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My sincerest apologies. It hadn't occurred to me that English isn't your first language. That's a horrible assumption on my part and my mistake. I'm sorry. Now that I know that, I have to compliment you because you're doing far better than some of the people who do have English as their first. (Including my own neighborhood... =\ )

• Like Like x 11