First look at Kingdom Rodimus

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Daimao, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Frankly if collectors all played by the rules all those crazy colour prototypes from the BW to Cybertron days would have never seen the light of day so hey if factory thief's and clout chasing collectors want to do a deal on toys that are some times just heading for the shredder fine by me.

Even if Hasbro sent out toys early I'd bet $100 the amount of TF collectors who got them would be low to almost zero. I'd all go to toy YouTube channels that will directly promote it to kids like that Ryans World they get millions of views a day and it's a direct avenue to a much larger customer base. Now if an online store wants to send the newest thing out as part of a sponsor deal, go for it. but it's going to be hard to beat the leakers.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SteveRogersSon

SteveRogersSon Active Member

alas, the sad state of affairs..

3. Nako

Nako Well-Known Member

Could really careless if people get it early or not. Just happy the damn thing exist and I\'ll have it in my collection soon enough.

• Like Like x 5
  4. SteveRogersSon

it's the premises of how it was picked up...but yep, you'll have it whenever you have it.
    I'll have my paints and other terrain/diorama tools ready to finish the work Hasbro didn't wanna do...like paint those GD rims.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Brickmaster99

Brickmaster99 Active Member

YouTube:
    Speaking of YouTube , would anyone want to help me make a transformer video?

6. JomasterII

JomasterII The Space Consultant from Jolo

News Credits:
    I still hate how the spoiler's made of clear plastic. That's kinda scary.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is it?

• Like Like x 1
  8. ArkinDotWav

ArkinDotWav Self Proclaimed Star Saber Backer #555

Yup. In the vehicle mode pics if you look at the ports on his spoiler you can see that it's made of the same Translucent blue as the windscreen, just completely painted over in yellow and orange. Similar to Apeface's sheild.

• Like Like x 3
  9. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    I don't care what it has. It's still not worth 80 damn dollars even if it had painted wheels!

So shill all you want, those bendable fingers are only meant to flip you the bird anyway. So I'm playing the Ollie's waiting game just like I did with ER Optimus. Either that or wait till Hasbro smartens up and releases a Trailer-less version for close to Voyager class cost.

Last edited: May 10, 2021
  10. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well hopefully its not as brittle as Apefaces, mind you on Apeface wasnt it mostly the 5mm peg that kept snapping?

• Like Like x 1
  11. ArkinDotWav

ArkinDotWav Self Proclaimed Star Saber Backer #555

Yeah it was mostly the peg, and I think the port for his alt modes being really damn tight is another major factor.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well hopefully this wont cause issues. Touch wood my apeface shield is still in tact so im doing ok lol

• Like Like x 1
  13. Gee Won 1984

Gee Won 1984 My hyper-fuel may be a little too hyper

It seems like the excuse machine is circling the wagons of anything G1 fans criticize, yet it's ok for those same people to criticize G1, and bash it relentlessly because they want something different just to be different. It wouldn't surprise me if the black wheel fans are just trolling G1 fans on this Rodimus. A simple critique on the wheel color is not a big deal, and don't feel bad because you think Rodimus would look better with a shorter cab and silver rims and a little more paint apps (which I totally think he would). Some people just won't stop until they can get you to think like them, which won't happen. This figure is the best version of Rodimus that we got from Hasbro because of the detail from G1 so I'm glad we have that. It just sucks that more money has to be spent on a Toyhax upgrade to make this Rodimus look the part.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    well of course you are. You gotta save you money for 3P legends size figures that cost the price of commanders and scam Amazon to give you free toys you hypocrite. Hell I’m surprised you just don’t do that to get rodimus. Use all your amazon credit from demanding them refund you for previous toys that got delayed and demand they still honor your orders like you’ve touted around doing.

Last edited: May 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  15. SteveRogersSon

This!...This comment is genius and Sir I applaud you for voicing your opinion~!

• Like Like x 3
  16. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As long as there's not stress directly on that part, it should be fine.

MP-09's spoiler is also painted over translucent blue plastic, and as much trouble as some people have had with that figure, broken spoilers is generally not one of them.

• Like Like x 2
  17. maloney4playz

maloney4playz tfp enjoyer, waspinator appreciator

almost definitely still gonna get this dude, but maybe loose or on discount

18. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    ......Are you sobbing in that default pic?

Never mind, here's a better question. What in 7 hells are you typing about? Either show me a picture or a quote of mines that references me buying an $80 3P figure the size of a Legends class or go demand a free dosage of Prozac from your Shrink! Seriously, how is Amazon offering credits for screwing up back to back pre-orders a damn scam????

If there was a crime committed here then go sing to the cops instead of kissing Hasbro's @ss for charging you Commander class prices for a figure that's barely worth $50. I'm sure they'll reward you buy charging $100.00 for the next Voyager scaled Blitzwing...

• Like Like x 2
  19. Brickmaster99

Brickmaster99 Active Member

YouTube:
    Let's chill for a sec and realize that 1. Rodimus Prime isn't a fan favorite because all you gwunners love the of Optimus and 2. This is the first GOOD rodimus toy we've had since g1. Sure the price is crazy but its not that crazy when you have a 50 buck gift card or if u just sell some figures for 90 dollars

20. Bryman022

Bryman022 Well-Known Member

I think Rodimus looks Absolutely Fantastic!!
    Price doesn\'t concern me, I will be getting this ASAP!
    Hell maybe even 2 of them so I can display one in each mode!

• Like Like x 1