First look at Kingdom Rodimus

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Daimao, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's a thought.

Maybe I'll let Sky-Lynx use it as a skateboard as well.

• Like Like x 5
  2. IronPrime2169

IronPrime2169 Supreme Leader of the Bluepremacy

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Unpopular opinion: I really like the unpainted hubcaps. It keeps in line with his whole racecar-but-adult vibe. Now yes, I’m aware that in G1, both Hot Rod and Rodimus had painted hubcaps, as well as SS86, but I honestly do just prefer unpainted hubcaps over the painted ones, in this case at least.

• Like Like x 8
  3. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unless the rims and tires are separate pieces like one some 3rd party, I will never like unpainted hubcaps personally, even if it's accurate like on SS Ironhide. It just seems cheap and ugly to me.

4. Smokie

Smokie Banned

News Credits:
    Honestly same. Idrk why people care so much. It’s almost like they’re gonna have it displayed with the hubcaps showing. 95% of people that display toys are gonna have it robot mode.

• Like Like x 8
  5. Optimalprimal

Optimalprimal Diecast construction. It's a lost art.

I get what they are saying but I don't agree with it. To me, and it's probably just me, if Rodimus was a complete mess of a figure and someone wanted to bring this up on a list as one of their complaints, I'd agree. This by itself, for me it's, meh. I'll never notice them in robot mode and that's how he'll be displayed.

• Like Like x 7
  6. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    I'm fairly certain that the canopy doesn't open up. The black hinge you see on top is for the back part of the car to fold up and over the canopy for bot mode.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Rated X

Rated X Banned

Why do people keep saying hubcaps ? Theyre rims bro. This isnt grandpa's station wagon. As a custom car guy, I can tell you black on black is in style. However when you got chrome pipes, bumpers, or door handles, you always go for the chrome rims to compliment them. In this case we definitely need the chrome rims to go with the pipes. Also no paint on the wheels make it look like a dumb kids toy. Lets be real, these are 35 year old characrers made with us adults in mind, so painted rims should be mandatory. Imagine a Jada diecast model of your favorite muscle car with some crappy black plastic rims.

• Like Like x 8
  8. TwoPoor

TwoPoor Well-Known Member

I’m with you, I’m a car guy and all I run on my cars is black wheels.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Buzzetta

Buzzetta Well-Known Member

My jeep has black rims.  I like this. 

• Like Like x 3
  10. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does it have chrome elsewhere?

anyway, my gripe is with how crappy it looks connected to the trailer. Like it should sit back another inch into it. Sticks out way too far IMHO and THAT’S the killer defect of this figure for me.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Exerus Wing

Exerus Wing Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    1. Where are photos of car with trailer?
    2. POTP Rodimus still stays for me the best.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    it’s not a defect though. there’s a lot going on with the trailer and to get the car to sit farther would cause issues with everything else

• Like Like x 1
  13. Optimalprimal

Optimalprimal Diecast construction. It's a lost art.

This is probably the first issue with the figure that I actually kind of agree with. It does look a little too far back, though @Mattymo is correct that it's probably unavoidable. However, again, looking at bot mode, I can't find a flaw there without going into cartoon accuracy nitpicking. I'm glad I preordered it and am looking forward to whenever Amazon gets it to me.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    exactly. There’s a lot of stuff going on with the trailer that we still probably haven’t seen all that it does. There’s a tray underneath that stores all his accessories. One thing hasbro has been trying to do is find a way to store all the accessories so they don’t get lost. Something folks needs to understand is it’s not just the trailer that causes the front to stick our farther but it’s also the car part too. They wanted it to not just turn into rodimus alt mode but also a beefed up hot rod car mode. Even if they they’d managed to put the car farther the spoiler(which is pointless in this mode. Always was) would need to transform to go over the windshield which would need quite some engineering to do

I personally have no issues with the alt mode or the wheels. The wheels are multipart thing that transform too and being painted would probably ware out of chip their paint and plus this dude is gonna be in alt mode maybe 1% of the time I own him. I transform my toys but I don’t keep them in that mode at all so it’s not a big deal.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Rated X

Rated X Banned

I got black on black dubs too. But you gotta admit with those beautiful chrome pipes like Rodimus it would be a sin not to throw chrome on it in real life.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Wyldmaxx

Wyldmaxx No matter where you go, there you are.

My car has the blacktop top option and it’s a head turner.

17. Metalwario64

Metalwario64 City Commander

I do agree. Even with Rodimus being more mature, his car mode is still Xtreme flames with chrome pipes.

I still think the figure overall is looking great, and I don't mind him sitting further from the trailer than the G1 version, but at the price, they really shouldn't be skimping on paint. Doesn't break it for me, but I don't like that trend at this price point going forward, especially since I was told in the price increase thread (but I can't keep up with the leaks, so I might be wrong) that Commanders are going up to $100 soon, and that might not bring a quality increase with that massive jump.

• Like Like x 2
  18. diablogunner

diablogunner Defender of the All-Spark

Good news to those obsessed with being angry about the black wheels, you get to save $80 by not buying this. And between this and the not all wheels touch the ground discussion, I kind of wish he didn't have wheels at all. Hell it's the future, give him the Blurr floating thing...ugh. Meanwhile, I am here drooling and eagerly waiting for this beautiful figure to be released!

• Like Like x 9
  19. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They do but their is a lot of clout and money to be made by being the first if you don't have a regular sponsor and loyal fan base.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There are loads floating about, but in the same vein as these new ones should see them over the next couple days according to Takaras twitter page.