First look at Kingdom Rodimus

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Daimao, Mar 3, 2021.

1. IronEnder17

IronEnder17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We are allowed to theorize and point out blaring inconsistencies

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I quoted myself above so that you could see what I mean. But if the spoiler is in the same position even after the car is inserted deeper, thus the spoiler MUST have shifted forward. That is the underlying suggestion seeing the pics above.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I know the angles are different and the flame deco changed, but isn't it possible the slots on the sides of the trailer are cut longer in the second photo, allowing the car to be inserted deeper without shifting the spoiler?

4. IronEnder17

News Credits:
    Nope, the cut stays just before the orange part of the joint on the trailer. Also the flame deco doesnt change

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    The think the gimmicks we may have not seen yet(sliding tray in back possibly, the folding hinged area at the front) may have necessitated an increase in size(compared to the trailer to cab on the G1 toy), moreso an increase in size to seemingly visually justify the cost. In turn, I think the space in the trailer needed for the gimmicks didn’t leave enough room for the cab to be pushed in further into the trailer. Won’t know for sure until we see the gimmicks in full.

This could’ve been solved by making the cab like the G1 version where it was always meant to be seen with the trailer in vehicle mode. However that would’ve been ugly and though the car mode for Kingdom Rodimus isn’t the best, I’d take that over the G1 cab since this one at least transforms into its own vehicle.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this was also due to planning to release Rodimus sans trailer down the line, whether as a voyager or bundled with other stuff like Battlemasters as an exclusive. It would be a lot more convincing than if Hasbro made the cab full on G1 and tried to sell it solo.

Sure people would still defend it but it’s a lot more appealing to sell a Transformer that can turn into a car on its own rather than a Transformer that turns into just a Winnebago cab that just has the legs dangling from the back.

• Like Like x 4
  6. onnsake

onnsake champ

News Credits:
    Sure. Everyone's allowed to be dead wrong and continue to insist they're right, but you're not gonna look very smart.

• Like Like x 3
  7. IronEnder17

News Credits:
    Boy you're just sunshine and rainbows.

I never once insisted I was right and never will until videos show otherwise. I'm perfectly fine with the alt mode as is. I'm just pointing out inconsistencies and details that may suggest mistransformation.

Good day.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think this is exactly right. Any kind of Rodimus multi-pack you can think of* is way too expensive with the trailer. But the cab and gun? Sure

*Rodimus/Hot Rod 2-pack in Matrix-light blue, Rodimus vs Galvatron, a Hate Plague set with white Optimus, any Shattered Glass pairing, gold Primus,

• Like Like x 4
  9. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So besides the shoulder range another thing I am worried about the arm is lack of bicep swivel. Hot Rod had it right above the elbow, but I don't see it here.

EDIT: seems like he has a swivel in the middle of the elbow joint. Odd place.

10. IronEnder17

News Credits:
    upload_2021-3-31_10-25-57.png
    Its right here in the middle of the double elbow joint

Its where hot rod had it, its where prime has it, idk how its odd

• Like Like x 2
  11. yvk2000

yvk2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Gold Primus without the trailer? Did you...not read the recent GS comics/manga? Because this is blasphemy. :p 

• Like Like x 1
  12. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You just reminded me of how every single hotrod/rodimus based on g1, has absolutely garbage shoulder movement. Unfortunately this $80 figure doesn’t seem to change anything based on pictures....

13. Metalwario64

Metalwario64 City Commander

Everyone here knows that there would be so many complaints about the new Rodimus being "lazy" and "incomplete" if he didn't have a full solo car mode, even if he went into the trailer all the way, considering the things I've seen in this and Galvatron's thread. :p 

• Like Like x 5
  14. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We can clearly see it hasn't, though. The spoiler's position is identical in all the images. And how would the spoiler shift forward anyway? By what mechanism?

15. IronEnder17

News Credits:
    yes, the spoilers position is identical, but the car is very obviously further into the trailer. so how is that possible without the spoiler shifting forward? And who knows it might be on a slider. We physically cant see it in these photos unless a video comes out. So we dont know for certain if there is a mechanism or isnt

• Like Like x 3
  16. butheadimus prime

butheadimus prime Picard?

Ebay:
    180px-Pretransformer_ffod.jpg
    Need a selects remold ofthe cab section into guardian prime.

• Like Like x 5
  17. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's space in the spoiler slot, roughly about the length of a 5mm peg, in some of the images that could facilitate some movement. So if it did move further back - which I'm still not completely persuaded of, as perspective could still account for what we're seeing - that's more than enough to account for the change without the spoiler moving. But as you said, "yes, the spoiler's position is identical." That and it shifting forward are incompatible.

If it shifted forward enough to allow what is claimed, we should see the tip of the spoiler physically moved forward beyond where it was in other images. We don't see that. And if there were a slider, where would it be contained? We see nothing on the hood in front of it. And it couldn't be behind it, as the way it needs to move is forward, not back.

The only possible place it could be hidden would be beneath the central "stem" of the spoiler, which I guess is at least conceivable. But in that case, it couldn't move forward very far, as it's limited by the length of that stem and the roof of the car/bot mode's back. So it's not entirely inconceivable, but I don't see any evidence of it personally.

04-Figure-King-278 (2)22.jpg 05-Figure-King-278 (2)2.jpg Rodimus Kingdom 1 (2).jpg Kingdom-Commander-Class-Rodimus-02 (2).jpg
    Commander-Roddy-02 (2).jpg
    As you can see, there is no image we have - not even in bot mode - where the tip of the spoiler has moved one iota. So how do we explain this? One way is via there being some play between the two images (the one with the joint and the one without.) Another is simply perspective. While it may seem counterintuitive visually, the angles are extreme enough between the images that that joint could be in the same exact location and only seem not to be in the other.

We'll see once people have it in hand and videos show up of course. But right now there is zero reason to believe it can collapse further into the trailer. Let alone that the spoiler can slide. I'd never be happier to be wrong, though lol. I'm not trying to argue about it. I want it to be able to collapse further. I just don't think it can.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  18. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Yoinkus

News Credits:
    Just curious, do you have any better solution for his shoulder movement than what they've come up with for this figure and Hot Rod?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    First off, I said that in my edit that you quoted. Second, it's still odd. I don't think I have any other figure with a swivel in the middle of a double jointed elbow. Please elaborate how many you have to let me know it's not odd. And what are you talking about with Hot Rod and "Prime" having it? What figures are you talking about?

20. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    MP Hot Rod is the only figure I know of that did a good job, but that required a lot of parts that they probably wouldn't do for a mass retail release.