First look at Kingdom Rodimus

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Daimao, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

Honestly this trailer doesn't seem like the cool battle station I had in my head when I first learned what Rodimus's price point would be. It seems like it's mainly still just a turret gun. I was hoping they'd take more creative license, since the turret gun was never used in fiction and isn't that robust compared to a full battle station playset.

Ironically, in an inverse from Earthrise Prime, I'd probably be interested in a smaller 3rd party trailer that attaches to Rodimus's car mode in a more compact way. They gave the big trailer to the wrong guy.

• Like Like x 1
  2. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Uhh. It was ALWAYS a turret weapons platform even during its G1 toy release way back....

• Like Like x 2
  3. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 9
  4. DarkAxalonSyde

DarkAxalonSyde Advocate for orignality in Transformers.

Jeez, I'm about to jump into the deep end with this discussion.

While I like how this looks, and I can definitely see how there is more here than what could be achieved in the leader price point, I really don't know if there's enough to justify going all the way up to the Commander price point. In all honesty, I feel it would've made more sense for Optimus to be a Commander and Rodimus to be a Leader. Rodimus' trailer has never really been more than a box on wheels, with a turret. Optimus is the one who has a drone separate from the turret, along with various holdovers from Diaclone (and their tiny cyborg drivers) that could easily be adapted for a modern toy, to interact with the Micromasters and Battlemasters. This Commander Rodimus is a very faithful update to a very simple design. I guess things like those individual fingers, side flaps on the waist and rear hydraulics are enough to sell a lot of other collectors on the Commander price point, but I personally view those as small details that I could take or leave.

• Like Like x 8
  5. eliot

eliot Well-Known Member

This thing is about to get crazy sales just like all the other Seige, ER, and Kingdom figs. And then more characters from the era will continue to show up due to continued success of a great line that has been doing a stellar job of filling character slots thus far. That's all that really matters.[/QUOTE]

I can see it now......, when wreckgar comes out......., if you get two, then other one doesn't actually sit on the bike altmode, it sits 3 inches away from the actual seat...., but that's OK, kingdom is not about toon accuracy for the more expensive movie characters. Plus it has actual tiny suspensions on the wheels, for playability. Hasbro can fuck up the iconic characters from the movie and I'll buy it anyway.

Give me a break. This thing isn't going to shift at retail until sales. That's the general consensus here, wait for sale

6. Mardroid

Mardroid Well-Known Member

This.

If anything the new pictures with the opening back show that the new release can do more- it transports things too. To do that Rodimus himself has to be situated a bit further forward, unless you want to add another 3-4 inches or so to the length, hence more complaints!

That's if you want the transport feature. There's a case to be said that Rodimus shouldn't do that* (the MP doesn't, after all, as far as I'm aware) if you want to be true to the G1. If the space were sacrificed for a more compact vehicle** mode where the vehicle slides under further and we just have a simple gun platform (which might also need to be downsized further to fit) could they do that at the Leader price point?

I doubt it since the physical size of the trailer and plastic used would be much the same, since you're just using that space to accommodate more of the vehicle. Either way in that price bracket there's a compromise so ... it makes sense that they make it a bit less G1 accurate. Situate Roddy further forward, turn the back into doors/ramp and open up that space for more playability.

I don't know if that was their reasoning, but that seems logical if they're tied to certain price brackets and are unable to charge something in between and want to give value for money.

One thing I do know: this Rodimus may not be as neat and compact in vehicle mode as he is traditionally, but he definitely has more features this way.

*I'm not saying that myself, just playing devil's advocate.

** I'm not sure whether to refer to Rodimus's alt mode (sans trailer) as a 'car', a 'van' or a 'truck cab'. He's kind of all three.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Bravemaximike

Bravemaximike Road Warrior

That’s what I did two days ago. This thread has been pretty nice since! Relatively speaking...

• Like Like x 3
  8. eliot

eliot Well-Known Member

Not a troll, just someone who can think for themselves, formulate own opinion and put forward articulate point of view a add to discussion.
    You don't like it, because I go beyond saying it's trash and add supporting details. You have no comeback for.

People who buy this are the reason we keep getting stuff like this.

If they want to make it some hydraulic back loader...., or whatever that douchebag said (...., backtracking /damage controlling because his design isn't well recieved) then don't make it look anything like the movie design, either make it one or the other, or we end up with shit like this.

If they made an optimus prime that was three inches or so sticking out from where he's supposed to connect to the trailer, would you accept that??

9. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So what's your support for saying the bot mode is a deluxe? Because that statement was factually incorrect.

• Like Like x 13
  10. ScorponokIsHere

ScorponokIsHere He is Arrived Indeed

right, because they like it

sucks for you i guess

• Like Like x 6
  11. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    I’d like to hear a logical response too.... :popcorn :

• Like Like x 2
  12. ATLMYK

ATLMYK Well-Known Member

Well for me the options are buy one or two

• Like Like x 4
  13. Kingfish333

Kingfish333 Well-Known Member

I can see it now......, when wreckgar comes out......., if you get two, then other one doesn't actually sit on the bike altmode, it sits 3 inches away from the actual seat...., but that's OK, kingdom is not about toon accuracy for the more expensive movie characters. Plus it has actual tiny suspensions on the wheels, for playability. Hasbro can fuck up the iconic characters from the movie and I'll buy it anyway.

Give me a break. This thing isn't going to shift at retail until sales. That's the general consensus here, wait for sale[/QUOTE]

Agree. These iconic and important characters are being systematically destroyed for what is being coined as ‘playability’ but is solely to make a few more bucks.

14. 2fabdad

2fabdad Well-Known Member

Considering stagnant busts that cost dollars to make from start to retail sell for 55-60... Commander class Rodimus prime is one of those figures that should cost $250+ like a masterpiece or a 3rd party figure... but they’re giving it to us at the low price of 80 bucks because they love us.

• Like Like x 4
  15. 2fabdad

You know you need 3
    1 out 1 in box and 1 to customize

• Like Like x 2
  16. IronEnder17

IronEnder17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would actually do this if i had the money. The commander boxes are so fricken good. And I'd use one to paint the detail on the front of the trailer that the toon had

• Like Like x 4
  17. 2fabdad

In reality I will order one online and pick up a second if I find him in the wild. I have the money just don’t have time for customizing anymore

• Like Like x 2
  18. IronEnder17

IronEnder17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No doubt toy hax will have a good set for this guy. At least, if you really wanna give him a toon accurate trailer

• Like Like x 1
  19. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

Ok if this holds up, he'll be a must have for me :rock :thumbs2: 

• Like Like x 5
  20. Mr Buttons

Mr Buttons Well-Known Member

Are the faces for Kingdom Cyclonus and Kingdom Rodimus the same?

;)