First look at Kingdom Rodimus

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Daimao, Mar 3, 2021.

1. 2fabdad

2fabdad Well-Known Member

After reading this post I felt compelled Togo to Walmart and buy a second grimlock and Dinobot... seriously I didn’t need 2 dinobots I may grab a 3rd for some Jurassic Park parody pics. Back to Walmart I go...

• Like Like x 8
  2. 2fabdad

2fabdad Well-Known Member

Optimus tossed megatron 50 ft and he face planted. Rodimus tosses Galvatron through a metal wall and he kept going.
    I like this sizing... it fits.

• Like Like x 5
  3. mondo

mondo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This thread is Hilarious.

• Like Like x 4
  4. mondo

mondo Well-Known Member

News Credits:

My bad I did not meant to post the same exact video

• Like Like x 1
  5. mondo

mondo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I skipped most of the thread. So does Rodimus really have 4 visible axles in full vehicle mode?

6. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

What kind of statement is this? That's like saying "I'm covering my ears because I don't like what you're saying LALAHALALALA" and yet at the same time you refuse to use the Ignore function if you hate seeing such dissent so much. YOU have more control over the kind of posts you see than anyone else-- you fix it.

ED dont know how it quoted the wrong post.

• Like Like x 1
  7. IronEnder17

IronEnder17 Average Everything Enjoyer

News Credits:
    The ignore function has been used more on this thread and the galvatron thread than any other. Bold of you to assume

• Like Like x 5
  8. IronEnder17

IronEnder17 Average Everything Enjoyer

News Credits:
    Oh i see, wrong person. I was trying to figure out how you deduced that I havent been ignoring people haha

• Like Like x 1
  9. Pessimus Terminal

Pessimus Terminal Herald of Kremzeek

I\'m digging the 4 visible axles move. Makes it a trailer instead of a space winebego. Heresy I know, but I see it as a sort of course correction. I\'m g1 all the way but I\'ll make room for improvements on things that would be seen as silly nowadays, let alone silly 35 years ago. Not changed, merely updated. Hate it, it\'s your prerogative. I think it\'s a beautiful transformer that his all the right buttons, but that\'s just me.

• Like Like x 6
  10. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There are some things I like about Rodimus and some things I don't. But either way a reveal is normally a celebration. And lately on TFW there is a wave of Negativity, that goes beyond normal criticism. To the point where a celebration of a new product is not possible, because fans who haven't had their high bar met are not satisfied and feel like they must constantly and repeatedly poop on the party.

So basically no one gets to enjoy a reveal anymore.

• Like Like x 16
  11. CyberDragon10K

CyberDragon10K Predacon Rising

News Credits:
    tAgBSSo.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  12. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    While I definitely can see where you're coming from I think there are two sides to this coin. You aren't obligated to respond to a person expressing negative views, yet people do anyways, when they could just focus on celebrating.

People should be allowed to be negative, just..... don't engage with them? This almost sounds like the issue is that negative opinions exist, it's not like they're STOPPING people from being happy..?

• Like Like x 8
  13. Big Hache

Big Hache Perfect

News Credits:
    One of the truthiest truths that has been truthed on TFW.

It's a discussion forum to... discuss! Yeah some people can go overboard but can you imagine how boring it would be if we all just felt exactly the same way about every release? There'd be no point to the forum. We would be a hivemind.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Novaburnhilde

News Credits:
    If you like how a figure looks, like it and engage with those who also like it. If you don't like it? That's also okay, engage with those who also dislike it. If you wanna engage with someone you disagree with, just don't be a dick to them for their opinion on a toy. It really isn't that difficult.

If both people are civil and, not rude, then there shouldn't be any issue.

• Like Like x 7
  15. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    It's human nature I guess. When we're on the road we don't want to see an accident, but if there is one we always slow down and take a peak. Same thing here, we know there are posts that we don't want to read, possibly even certain posters we can't stand and should ignore, but we don't and read it all anyway.

Anyway I don't believe either the Rodimus thread or the Galvatron thread are really so bad, but these are tense times and stress is running high all around. In reality it would be better if people on both sides in general just stepped away from these threads until say there's more news or when these toys actually come out to relieve that tension, but people are also very excited to see more from these figures, so it's understandable why that can be so hard.

• Like Like x 8
  16. Novaburnhilde

News Credits:
    Very well put.

I actually didn't think the threads were too bad either, for the record. At least not more chaotic than usual? Which I don't think is a bad thing, that's fandom for you. You take the good with the bad and so forth.

• Like Like x 2
  17. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    It really isn't so bad. When it gets bad, mods step in, massive posts are deleted, threads get locked, bans are issued, etc. But that's not happening here, people bicker and go round and round on the same points and topics, but that's fairly normal when you're reading a thread about a figure who won't even be out in stores for at least another three months.

• Like Like x 5
  18. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Cognitive ability of a rock

News Credits:
    I guess that's what it is. I don't care much for the G1 characters. I wasn't around when they were on tv. I just like the designs and aesthetic and that's why I collect the toyline. So everyone loves Commander Sky Lynx because he's the Sky Lynx they were waiting for, but I was disappointed because the toy just wasn't that interesting to me, having no connection to the source character. He's got a neat look, but he's a bit underwhelming as an action figure and I suppose I should have realized that before buying it

Speaking of which. Thinking of selling my Sky Lynx, who's interested:lol 

• Like Like x 1
  19. Memph99Q4Ev

Memph99Q4Ev Well-Known Member

I'll be honest, I think this shit is hilarious. I've never seen so many tragic fails to get others to not like something, and yet continue to try so hard.

This thing is about to get crazy sales just like all the other Seige, ER, and Kingdom figs. And then more characters from the era will continue to show up due to continued success of a great line that has been doing a stellar job of filling character slots thus far. That's all that really matters.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    The bar has been raised by Hasbro and TakaraTomy themselves, so when something that looks like this Rodimus Prime in vehicle mode comes out, well its significantly disappointing to most. This was an $80 Rodimus Prime. Think of the expectations we all had, especially after Hot Rod. Does this toy really meet the expectations anyone had for an $80 Rodimus? We all know the answer to that question. Look at Jetfire and Sky Lynx. They look finished along with having tons of features. This has a lot of features, but it looks completely unfinished in vehicle mode.

Is it complete and utter garbage? No. But it's $80 and the second largest release for an entire year. That vehicle mode is simply not worthy of it. Regardless of whether or not it is accurate, even if it was a new unfamiliar design - it doesn't look good. It is way too stretched lengthwise. Look at the exhaust pipes for the original Rodimus, then look at how far they go here before they go vertical. It loses all of the style of the original design which was frankly one of the best original vehicle modes TransFormers ever saw. Add a significant lack of paint including the wheels which is something standard on generic dollar store knock offs, and you've got a lot of negative reactions.

• Like Like x 1