First look at Kingdom Rodimus

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Daimao, Mar 3, 2021.

1. IronEnder17

IronEnder17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Beast machines* beast wars had the best story and episodes of any series, but i do like my toon accurate toys

• Like Like x 6
  2. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Personally, I'm fine with the ER/Netflix Prime, even with the small trailer. What I would love though is an Ultra Magnus that has the ER Prime cab as it's core bot and devote the entire r&d budget into making an entirely new trailer that can be his armor. The Siege/Kingdom mold is ok, but it can be done better

Yep, Hasbro just needs to completely redesign the figure portion of this release and still get it out on time

People keep saying it was canceled but that's the wrong word. He never made it to development. He was on the pitch art and that's pretty much it. Once it came time to picking out characters to fill the price points he didn't make the cut.

• Like Like x 5
  3. ScorponokIsHere

ScorponokIsHere He is Arrived Indeed

rodimus trailer sizes.png

For the record, Rodimus Prime's trailer is much bigger. For example, it can actually hold cars larger than Earthrise Cliffjumper.

• Like Like x 26
  4. GrandPrix

GrandPrix Active Member

I thought Gears got canceled with PolarClaw for Kingdom? Has that been updated!?

5. Metalwario64

Metalwario64 City Commander

There should be a dislike button for heresy like this!

• Like Like x 15
  6. phoenixliger

phoenixliger Ogre

I've been pretty lucky found jetfire near a friends house at wally world and every target in my local area had numerous skylink's. I've never seen a titan figure since toysrus closed. But yeah I imagine he will be easy to find either brick n mortar or online.

Also ive never seen a cyclonus on the wild waiting for him to hit bbts so he can lead my armada

7. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They're still on the cutting room floor

• Like Like x 5
  8. JLOJ

JLOJ Transformative

News Credits:
    Nice comparison shots! Prime’s trailer looks tiny compared to Rodimus Prime’s.

• Like Like x 3
  9. 2fabdad

2fabdad Well-Known Member

That’s a big trailer

• Like Like x 1
  10. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pics definitely look good, and I like the size comparison with Hot Rod. He's definitely going to be suitably massive.

It does look, unfortunately, like the cab portion really doesn't slide any further back, which is a slight shame. Though some of the more angled pics make it look a little better than the high top down ones.

• Like Like x 6
  11. Qabiri

Qabiri Well-Known Member

This is a small and ridiculous thing to be annoyed about, but I kind of hate that Rodimus’s flame has a black outline and Hot Rod’s doesn’t. Not a material issue but I would have loved that bit of consistency when posing the two together.

Anyway, the new trailer looks AWESOME, a ton of play value. Very excited

• Like Like x 11
  12. Metalwario64

Metalwario64 City Commander

I hope that Toyhax solves the issue for people who either want outlines for both or neither.

• Like Like x 4
  13. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    Okay, shill all you want. Is that supposed to shut other people up...

Well I paid $60 for WFC Nemesis Prime, $110 for the 4 MP Cassettes (Stripes, Enemy, etc.) $200 for that Pirate Seacon set and many more expensive Transformers this and last year. Point being is that I didn't find it necessary to come here to attack collectors who didn't want them.

Your contempt for our opinions doesn't mean sh!t to our wallets anyway. So if you wanna point the finger at hypocrisy then quit "moaning" at other people's opinions by default.

And if this Rodimus ends up on sale around Black Friday or later then the complaints and criticism IMO will become Karma.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Alottamatteo

Alottamatteo Well-Known Member

seconded.

• Like Like x 6
  15. 2fabdad

2fabdad Well-Known Member

The back hatch has hydraulics :rock 

• Like Like x 8
  16. HotRodDidNothingWrong

HotRodDidNothingWrong Still salty about TLK Hot Rod

Seriously though, I can't see why you would get so mad over his comment.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  17. UtahRobotInDisguise

UtahRobotInDisguise Herald of Utahcron

News Credits:
    No, beast wars and Unicron trilogy were hospice care for a dying brand. Bayverse reversed the death spiral and brought transformers to a popularity never before achieved. Transformers today is bigger than it was in 1984. You’ve got several toy lines, collectibles, wearables, movies, several animation series, comics, games, and more. It’s a saturation unlike anything except Barbie.

18. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    Being able to make feature films was a symptom of success, not a cause.

• Like Like x 19
  19. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

...Okay, I'll bite. I really disliked Armada, and retrospectively, A/E/C in general. However, to say that Transformers was a dying franchise in the 00's before Bay came along is an absolute falsehood. It was doing well; You had multiple lines - Armada, Energon, Cybertron, Classics, Alternators, Universe, Reissues, Masterpiece/20th Anniversary Prime, Beast Wars Reissues - none of that really indicates a failing franchise. Some lines were admittedly doing better than others (Universe V1 didn't do great, and Alternators started strong but turned into a distribution nightmare), but Hasbro was making money, not losing money overall on the franchise. Sure, the success of TF2007 enhanced the profile of the franchise and brought it more into the mainstream, but you could hardly say that the franchise was halfway in the ground prior to TF2007. Back in the 90's it was almost dead prior to BW, and nearly dead again prior to Armada.

Agreed. As some have already said, it would be a huge financial mistake to do a big budget movie with the sole intention of "saving" a "dying" franchise. And on top of that, Hasbro had it in their budget to produce Animated as a fallback/alternative if the movie bombed - that doesn't sound like the behavior of a company that has burnt out its financial resources and is ready to call it quits.

• Like Like x 15
  20. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    Well, for the record. I'm far more of a Rodimus Prime fan than I've ever been a Skylynx one. But this "Commander class" Rodimus set in that picture still doesn't have sh*t on this:
    20210325_205710.jpg
    But if it's okay for you to reward HasTak when they diminish the budget, quality, scale and engineering on Commander class figures compared to last year's.... Oh well.

• Like Like x 5